Scarves Hermès Carrés d’art lV: Classic Scarves- edits & discussion

turfnsurf

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2014
With the release of Carrés d’art lV (CA4) comes some inevitable discovery of typos, errors, omissions, etc. The Forward states that CA4 will be done in a trilogy: Classic Scarves, Limited Editions, and Special Issues. As far as I know we only have Classic Scarves to date, so starting this thread with that in mind.

I thought this might be a great place to share observations and corrections with each other on our quest towards total scarf-enlightenment :pray:

AE936044-8614-4CC3-9EC1-6636C798F7D3.jpeg

Mods (@papertiger)- how do we get recent comments on this topic from SOTD transferred to this thread? Could someone use their TPF wizardry to accomplish?
*If there’s anything I can do to help (tag posts, etc.) plz let me know- I’m happy to assist.
-thnx:smile:

Reactions: Marmota
Mods (@papertiger)- how do we get recent comments on this topic from SOTD transferred to this thread? Could someone use their TPF wizardry to accomplish?
*If there’s anything I can do to help (tag posts, etc.) plz let me know- I’m happy to assist.
-thnx:smile:
Might be easier to just copy-paste the content and give credit to the original owners. Let me know if I can help.

Clovis Le Crocodile (Alice Charbin 1995) — there was an English-language gavroche as well. Same CW, just in English. Perhaps that will be reflected in one of the special edition books though.

Reactions: Pautinka
Clovis Le Crocodile (Alice Charbin 1995) — there was an English-language gavroche as well. Same CW, just in English. Perhaps that will be reflected in one of the special edition books though.
Actually, never mind, the 4th edition doesn’t even list that scarf, so I assume it will be in the Special Edition book. Still, the comment stands.

@Foxy trini can be credited with asking the initial question on SOTD to begin list of CA4 omissions & inspire this thread :love:

Here’s [USER=663070]@Foxy trini ’s shared observation after that:

Exposition, cosmographia, battery are all there. Missing Legende du cheval and Grand Prix. Interestingly Bains d’hermes is credited to Hugo grygkar and not ugo gattoni. Très bizarre !

Last edited:
(from SOTD thread):
Julide said:
Also CdA III does not note special editions correctly. I wonder where the author got her information? :flowers:
I think Sp.Ed.s proved so problematic in CAlll that prompted author to create a separate volume to, hopefully, get things right. From what I understand she has access to H’s records (thus the ‘rename’ of a few designs), which as I further understand to be somewhat chaotic, soooo info might not be completely accurate or definitive?
k_alleycat2000 said:
I’m such a nerd that I would love that thread. I noticed my vintage States commemorative didn’t have the special edition listed In its codes.
I read in Forward of CAlV that she’s created a “trilogy” this time around with one volume dedicated to Sp.Issues and third for Limited Editions (though a couple appear in CA4 for some reason). So far I’ve been unable to locate these other 2 volumes and author neglected to answer that question when I emailed her about another topic. :shrugs: