Hermes Cannes, Nice, Monaco

Hello Andaslife! Great to see you here. I follow you on YouTube and really enjoy your videos. My trip to Nice had to be canceled this summer, so I will be looking forward to living vicariously through your trip; can’t wait to see your vlog. :biggrin:

Hi everyone. I am going to the South of France soon and I want to try my luck with getting an Hermes Kelly from one of the boutiques in St Tropez, Cannes or Nice. Do you have any tips or know if they are willing to give a Kelly, Birkin or a Constance to tourists? Do you have any experience with any of the boutiques mentioned above? I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you so much in advance ❤️

I bought a Birkin... wonderful store, great selection

Reactions: obsessedwhermes
Did you purchase other items before getting offered the Kelly 28?
No. We asked to try on a couple pairs of shoes, but they didn’t have our sizes. We were asked if we wanted to look at anything else, and I asked whether they had any Kellys available. The SA made note of what colors/leather we were interested in, and said she would go check.

Thanks for sharing! Have you had any luck in Nice/Monaco? Did you try in Avignon or Aix?

Also wanted to ask you: Would you say that in these stores outside of Paris they are more likely to be transparent about what they have available? Are they willing to sell to tourists?

No luck in Nice and Monaco. Honestly, we weren’t expecting to be offered anything in Cannes and I think just got lucky. Transparency levels are the same as in Paris. We are tourists, and Cannes sold to us (my mom - her first Kelly), so I’d say it isn’t out of the question. Personally, I will be going to my SA in Paris because I have an established relationship and have more of a chance of being offered exactly what I’m looking for. That said, won’t be going to Avignon/Aix stores.

Thanks for sharing! Have you had any luck in Nice/Monaco? Did you try in Avignon or Aix?

Also wanted to ask you: Would you say that in these stores outside of Paris they are more likely to be transparent about what they have available? Are they willing to sell to tourists?

Stock is always much lower outside of Paris and key markets areas such as Deauville, Cannes, Nice, St.-Tropez (tiny store but caters to vacation home owners in St-.Tropez proper, Ramatuelle, Gassin and Ste.-Maxime) and Monaco (just a simple question of local purchasing power, demand and supply). But regional stores have been known to sell a quota bag to a tourist if they have one available. If you’re traveling around in France, it never hurts to ask in a local boutique. But just keep in mind that you generally have a much better chance in Paris than elsewhere. The three Paris stores have much bigger stock precisely in order to sell to tourists, whether international or French from the regions (we literally have a population of around 2.2 million people in Paris proper or « intra-muros » - the stock and the number of stores are out of proportion with the amount of actual Parisians looking to buy a quota bag!).

Last edited:
Just travelled through Nice airport and they had a good selection of non quota bags (amazing 24/24 in two leathers and two hardware colours as well as the silk imprinted 2002 bag). Also scarves were incredible selection of some collectors items (Native American Woman Wa Ko Ni).
Not to mention the Sales staff were impeccably knowledgeable and friendly.

Reactions: Runisaa