Hermes Cannes, Nice, Monaco

Has anyone been to the Nice or Monaco stores recently? Wondering if it will be more difficult to get a bag during the Cannes Film Festival even from the surrounding stores… Would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Monaco is extremely difficult to get offered a quota bag as a walk in customer from my experience but the employees are very kind and eager to assist for other items. I traveled with a large group and was very welcomed. I wasn't shopping but my uncle's purchase totaled 7K euro in ready to wear only and asked if there were any other bags in the back other then the ones on the shelf and was told no. There are many younger, junior sales associates, maybe interns? Almost every question he asked, the young salesperson had to go find a colleague to help. After he inquired about bags to the young salesperson, she had to go find her manager and the manager apologetically answered no immediately. I don't think the manager knew how much my uncle spent though.

Reactions: obsessedwhermes
I'll be there in about 11 days. Today I called the Monaco store to request some items be transferred in for me. I tried calling the Nice and Cannes stores but neither number seemed to work. The SA in Monaco found my info in the system and said an SA will call me back to get my list of items. All of my history is at Paris stores. So we will see.

I'll be there in about 11 days. Today I called the Monaco store to request some items be transferred in for me. I tried calling the Nice and Cannes stores but neither number seemed to work. The SA in Monaco found my info in the system and said an SA will call me back to get my list of items. All of my history is at Paris stores. So we will see.
Ahh ok. I asked my store and they were not 100% sure. I’ll be in Monaco too in about 2 weeks! Hope they have a decent selection!

Reactions: scndlslv
Ahh ok. I asked my store and they were not 100% sure. I’ll be in Monaco too in about 2 weeks! Hope they have a decent selection!
No one ever called me. However, when I called back I was told they are not currently doing transfers so to purchase the items I wanted online and do delivery to the Monaco store. I can then return the items and re-purchase them to get the VAT refund. Makes life much easier.

Reactions: obsessedwhermes
Hello everyone! I am going to Nice and Monaco at the end of March, and I really want to try to get a quota bag. Do any of you have any tips or tricks? My main store is in Oslo, and I have a great SA here (got my first two quota bags last year), but it would be so fun to shop in France :lol:

Hello everyone! I am going to Nice and Monaco at the end of March, and I really want to try to get a quota bag. Do any of you have any tips or tricks? My main store is in Oslo, and I have a great SA here (got my first two quota bags last year), but it would be so fun to shop in France :lol:
The Nice store is very small, compared to Monaco. The SAs are friendly and always willing to assist and check stock for non quota bag items in particular, but it’ll be very tough if your goal is to purchase a quota bag on this trip. That’s not to say Monaco is any easier, but it’s a bigger store and perhaps caters more to tourists than Nice does. I have seen quota bags offered in Monaco, but obviously no idea whether those were regular customers of the store or not. Check out the Cannes store too if you have time. Wish you luck, and keep us posted!

I am going to be in Monaco next month, (also Nice), is the appointment system at Hermes for small leather goods, ie handbags, still as difficult as it was for me last year in Paris?! I had tried for seven days to score an appointment (to no avail) and only got my bag because I went in and pled with the hostess that I was leaving next day and she took pity on me!