Hermes boutiques in London

:biggrin:

i'm thinking of going for a colour.. there's a gorgeous rouge h zip around gm box one but i'm thinking that unless i send my dad who has no idea what anything costs to buy it it's not happening :lol: so my second choice is a sapphire blue box non-zip one..

Roxane, I'm interested to know how your DH's shopping trip went when he gets home. My DH was in London in September and the SAs in all the boutiques (he didn't go to the one at the Royal Exchange) except the one at Selfriges gave him a tough time. They were aloof and basically told him in so many words that what you see on the floor is what you get, the Kelly and Birkin are meant for their regular customers. DH actually said it would have been much easier for him to hop on the Eurostar to Paris to get me something from the mother store. I supposed I'm a little upset at the treatment he received when the poor guy was trying to surprise me with another bag.

I'm not crushed though as it would not have been my 1st H bag and I was just back from Paris myself this July. Am also due back in Paris next summer and I can't wait for it:smile:

Hope your DH has better luck than mine!

Reactions: charlottebag
:biggrin:

i'm thinking of going for a colour.. there's a gorgeous rouge h zip around gm box one but i'm thinking that unless i send my dad who has no idea what anything costs to buy it it's not happening :lol: so my second choice is a sapphire blue box non-zip one..

:lol: definitely send your dad then!

So far, with the exception of my red key holder, my small accessories are brown. Most people here have a rainbow of colours inside their bag and I have rainbow bags filled with brown :upsidedown:

Roxanne, do report back with your DH's experiences!

When DH arrived on Tuesday, he called New Bond St and Sloane St to ask for a Kelly pochette, but they said they did not have any. Just a few hours ago (today is Thursday), he called from Sloane Street and said they had only one black Kelly (not pochette). I heard him ask whether if that's the only one they had and they said it is. I don't believe it is true, but what can you do? Anyway, he is not having much luck. I am looking for either a black lizard or croc pochette, so the brown lizard at Royal Exchange won't work :sad: I don't really expect him to have much luck, actually, having heard the stories around. I guess it is no better than back here in my own country anyway, but hopefully, when we go to Italy in Nov, I might be able to find something.

Hope to get good advice from fellow tPFs.. I'm saving few of my Christmas shoppings for a good 5 day spree in London and would love to know how the Hermes stores are there at the moment..! :shame: Busy time of the year, any chance to find really special things? :graucho:

3 stores, 2 consessions and a Duty Free - you'll be spoilt for choice ;) If you are after anything in particular then it might be worth ringing around first so you save yourself some time too.

funnily enough i always find bond st has barely anything i like and sloane st has much more. of course bond st is much closer to me :Push: i even find selfridges has better stock than bond st and it's tiny! harrod's tend to have a great selection of scarves. definitely call around if you want something special though.

oh, and technically two duty frees ;) one in heathrow T3 and one in T4.

London has so many choices. In terms of stock, I have to agree that Sloan St seems to have more stock but I like the SAs at harrods and Royal Exchange the best

I prefer Sloane St, they moved a few months back. Harrods is usefull if you are a rewards card holder. Selfridges also has alot of nice stock for a small concession

Where is the Hermes concession in Selfridges? I've not seen it in the handbag section. Is it in the wonder room?

Also does Royal Exchange get any deliveries of bags? I would assume they would be more of an accessories boutique due to their size.