Hermes boutiques in London

Soooo, I went to Harrods and Bond St store yesterday and this is what I was told at each store:

Harrods - 'we don't have a waiting list and you have to call and it's absolute luck as to what stock they have. They very rarely have Birkin's in stock'. The SA was lovely and showed me their sample Birkin (blue jean 25). There were no samples of 30/35 :sad:

Bond St - Apparently I just missed the waiting list (they open again in September) and they didn't have any to sample. She reluctantly showed me the colours and I had the distinct feeling the SA didn't want me there. Double :sad:

Does anyone have any tips on how I can befriend an SA? My target of getting my HG for my big 3-0 in Feb is dwindling fast....

cookie, sorry you missed the list in London. I think the only way to befriend an SA is to visit regularly and if you like other things buy regularly from that same SA. This is how I developed my relationships with a couple of SAs at the London shops. In my personal experience the SAs at Sloane Street, Royal Exchange and Harrods are more approachable than in Bond Street, but this is just my own experience. Alternatively hop on the Eurostar to Paris, I've found 2 birkins "on the spot" there and also was able to place three orders so it's a bit easier... Good luck!

Thank you LittleH. Most helpful advice.
Yes, Harrods seemed a little more friendly - I don't think I'll ever go back to Bond St again. I'll try RE and Sloane St.

There's nothing else I want from H so I'll have to keep going to the store. Paris sounds like a realistic option though. I know it's pot luck what stock they have but can I ask when you went to Paris so I can time my trip. Did you call them beforehand to discuss their stock?

just to let everyone know - I spotted a Kelly in the window of Sloane St 2 days ago - looked a blue/green colour, possibly a 25 - was in car, moving quite quickly so if you are looking for a kelly maybe sloane st worth a try

Hey London Ladies - has anyone bought a H from mightykismet? I wonder how secure the delivery to UK is. I've done a search and the seller seems ok, but I wanted to know if anyone from the UK has bought from them? Thanks!

I've been in London the past two days trying to hunt for a CDC. There was a white one at Harrods and a chocolate and orange one at Selfridges. Going to try Bond Street and Sloane Street tomorrow. Desperately trying to find one in black or ombre. Anyone got any advice?

Also, I saw a black kelly on display at Selfridges. Anyone knows if its for sale?

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone here knows the price of the Garden Party's? I would like to know prices of both the leather and the Canvas in M and L. Thank you all.

Hi All,

I only have 1 day in London so dont want to be running around London like madly.....

Does any one know whether there is Birkin or Kelly in London stores? if so which one will I have a better chance? Any SA to recommend?

Also if I call them up before I pop round, will they actually tell me whether Birkin or Kelly are in stock?

Many thanks for your help on this.

RGL

London H lovers! I'd just received an email from Daily Candy and according to them Hermes will be having a sale! Deets are below:

What: Hermes
Why: Up to 60% off women's and men's RTW amd shoes.
When: 10 & 11 June. Fri: 8.30am-7pm, Sat: 10am-6pm
Where: The Music Room, 26 S. Molton Ln, W1K 5AB, phone: 020 7629 8199

Have fun!