Hermes boutiques in London

So I witnessed something interesting at selfridges while waiting. A couple of tourist asking for a quota bag, replied with the usual “NO” answer, then they said they wanted to buy a watch (could be the one with diamond, not sure though). Then the SA scrolled on the iPad (I could see loads of items on the screen), gone for more than 15 minutes (maybe waiting for a mgr’s approval?). They were still waiting even after I was done (I asked for a non quota bag but the answer was NO, nothing available). I left the store so I didn’t know what they ended up getting, but for sure they walked away with a bag.
I was once in Selfridges at December 2018 and asked about a Kelly and the sa told my that if I bought a watch with diamonds she would be able to take the manager permission to offer me a Kelly and I was a tourist but I walked away I won’t spend more than the price of the bag itself on an item to buy the bag .

I was once in Selfridges at December 2018 and asked about a Kelly and the sa told my that if I bought a watch with diamonds she would be able to take the manager permission to offer me a Kelly and I was a tourist but I walked away I won’t spend more than the price of the bag itself on an item to buy the bag .

seems it’s common practice at H selfridges

Surprised by this as I thought it was popular and well stocked in the main stores. Oh dear think I might be waiting a while then...
It’s certainly not impossible and doesn’t have to take months. I have a friend who got offered one after 1 month of mentioning interest at NBS. So stock does exist, it really depends on what SA you meet / desk with.

Hi, I want to start shopping at a boutique to hopefully get a Kelly or Birkin next year. Which boutique would you recommend? I’d like to shop at harrods for the rewards but I’m not sure if that makes them more competitive? I’m a tourist as well if that changes things.

Hi, I want to start shopping at a boutique to hopefully get a Kelly or Birkin next year. Which boutique would you recommend? I’d like to shop at harrods for the rewards but I’m not sure if that makes them more competitive? I’m a tourist as well if that changes things.

If you have read this thread, you would see that 'tourists' seem to do well at Selfridges

Reactions: fashionelite
If you have read this thread, you would see that 'tourists' seem to do well at Selfridges

Harrods is probably the most competitive place - due to sheer footfall. Not sure if I have seen any reports of a wishlist birkin/ Kelly being granted there. I may be wrong so feel free to correct. You may have better luck at one of the other boutiques. not sure whether the wishlist system is for UK residents or open to anyone (?)

Reactions: fashionelite
It’s certainly not impossible and doesn’t have to take months. I have a friend who got offered one after 1 month of mentioning interest at NBS. So stock does exist, it really depends on what SA you meet / desk with.
Sounds good but I live up north and we have nothing up here, I rarely go down to London, i am next due to go in September.

Hello - I’ve had a wish list for quite a while now (just put through my 3rd one and decided to try my luck in the Sloane Sq shop). Admittedly, I could have been spending more time in the shop while my wish list was outstanding as opposed to just a couple of times. The SA at Sloane Sq told me something interesting: that SAs need to submit every wish list to a central team who has a view of all the wishes and who will be allocating them based on the customers who have been waiting to get a bag for the longest time. So given I was at my 3rd wish, he said I would be more likely to get a bag.

Wondering if others have heard a similar message from London SAs?
Thank you! :smile: