Hermes-a-holics Anon.

HH- Being able to afford it but still wanting to limit purchases are two different things; in all seriousness I want to cut back and that in part is why I'm following this thread. I actually own exactly one pocket square (Brazil) and not a single twilly. I love how pochettes and twillys change the look and feel of a bag so I am not sublimating to purchase more but instead want to build a collection to add some variety to my bags. I suspect this will also have the side benefit of my not wanting or needing to buy as many bags to get some added color. I love my marron fonce Kelly but when I added a red/orange (for autumn) pocket square it just popped and made me appreciate my bag in a whole new light. The 12-scarf program is rather tongue in cheek (as opposed to check in hand) but I think I want to focus more on appreciating the bags I have rather than focusing on new acqusitions; as I see it the pochettes and twillys fall nicely into that goal.

^^ I like this idea, TV. We've got to learn to find renewed satisfaction in the goodies we have!

(So I won't tell you to look at what whispa posted a while ago on the Inventory thread *ahem*)

I've got two weeks until a self-inflicted -- I mean, self-enforced -- Hermes ban, and then I'm quitting cold turkey until a SO (which will likely take a couple of years?) comes in. And after that, I'll be making the most of cold turkey again. Anyone got any Miracle Whip?

The 12-scarf program is rather tongue in cheek (as opposed to check in hand) but I think I want to focus more on appreciating the bags I have rather than focusing on new acqusitions; as I see it the pochettes and twillys fall nicely into that goal.

very cute!
oh definitely. i think i was going with what you posted and adding my own response to what i have observed some people do irl (medicinal purchases to distract from a bigger want) - i wasn't ridiculing your use/value of their twillies and pocket squares. as for the impact a twilly, etc. can have on a kelly, oh i am dreaming of the day i can play with my own in such a way - absolutely!!!
and having one hermes bag certainly helps me with my wait. when i am feeling the hurt, i admire and appreciate what i have and realize that it in itself is quite a treat.
:flowers: :flowers:

You bet, Rose, and I feel so fortunate for that. Yes, I realize the tweedee is a luxury but it won't be sitting idle in my closet. It's browns and blacks and creams, which describes virtually my entire wardrobe. I'm not into clothes at all as much as I am bags.

HH- I have much to be thankful for, and I am glad that my life is in a better place now than it was in the past. I was definitely not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and as a child was concerned about where my parents were going to get the rent money from because they struggled. I'm not able to have children, and knew that since I was a teenager, and so invested my energies in a career/work etc. I've definitely been wreckless with money in the past or I would have much more to show for it today. But I have a good husband and some good friends (though I wish I had more and more of the kinds of people who hang out here in my everyday life) and a roof over our heads and am starting a nice collection of H bags. I think your postings are spot on, HH, and I value reading what you've written.

Gina- the 28 cm black box Kelly may be calling but I'm covering my ears- at least until next year. But that doesn't mean it isn't fun to dream and to enjoy the vicarious thrill of learning about other member's bags. It is so great when people share their new finds here.

You bet, Rose, and I feel so fortunate for that. Yes, I realize the tweedee is a luxury but it won't be sitting idle in my closet. It's browns and blacks and creams, which describes virtually my entire wardrobe. I'm not into clothes at all as much as I am bags. .

That's exactly what I told myself as I slid that CC into my SA's hand!!:heart:

That's exactly what I told myself as I slid that CC into my SA's hand!!:heart:

Rose you are so kind to have shared the info which resulted in a tweedee wending its way to my house even as we speak (I think it's probably somewhere over NJ right now, so go look for it in the sky and wave). I could not believe how much I responded to the look of the tweedee (I saw it and instantly said "that's so me"). Have you worn yours yet? It's my understanding that it's 14" wide and 8 ft. long. Is that about right?

Enjoy and thanks again!!:flowers: :yahoo:

Gina- the 28 cm black box Kelly may be calling but I'm covering my ears- at least until next year. But that doesn't mean it isn't fun to dream and to enjoy the vicarious thrill of learning about other member's bags. It is so great when people share their new finds here.

You're right to wait until you're ready. Black box kellys will always be out there, and one special one will find its way to you when you're ready for it. :smile:

What a great gathering! It's been 9 days since my last H scarf purchase....itching badly to get another one...I don't even wear the beauties, just keep them in my climate-control room and admire them every so often...I promised myself no more scarves until next month...25 more days to go...

Rose you are so kind to have shared the info which resulted in a tweedee wending its way to my house even as we speak (I think it's probably somewhere over NJ right now, so go look for it in the sky and wave). I could not believe how much I responded to the look of the tweedee (I saw it and instantly said "that's so me"). Have you worn yours yet? It's my understanding that it's 14" wide and 8 ft. long. Is that about right?

Enjoy and thanks again!!:flowers: :yahoo:

They did not have it instock when I was up there a couple of weeks ago, so I pre-paid and there is one waiting for me at the store. I am heading over on Monday to pick it up, so excited! I wear blacks and browns during the Fall/winter, so it should be perfect. So glad you got one, I had a severe case of the tweedees before I secured mine too!