Hermes-a-holics Anon.

ThanK You to all who have written here and the hermes-economics!!

I have learned so much from all you ladies both purchasing, and now for non-purchasing. I NEED TO STOP BUYING ANYTHING!!!

I will really try to wait till I'm 40 to buy something else BAG-wise!

I AM "newhermeslover", and I am addicted to HERMES, but now I have to be Patient and save money and enjoy my bags, and save money for kids college!!!

Thanks GF for starting this thread. This is an expensive addiction!

Kou - if you read this, your POST about $$$ was very STRONG OF YOU!!
Mrs. S - The POST you had about $$ was great too,

Wong, and a few others, THANKS FOR THE ECONOMIC Lessons!!

wait wait wait, hold the phone. are we talking 2 weeks (lol), 2 months, 2 years? 10? what?

wait wait wait, hold the phone. are we talking 2 weeks (lol), 2 months, 2 years? 10? what?

Sorry HH - I have 2 years, 1 month and 24 days to be kinda exact till I turn 40. :smile:

I NEED to enjoy the bags I have now, which btw I LOVE THEM BOTH!! Pretty much very CLOSE to being the IT bags for me....there are always bags that I see and will love. I LOVE HERMES bags for the quality and beauty....I am also a Chanel lover, but have the basics.

In my mind, I can see myself getting maybe a Birkin....but in hubby's mind, this is probably out of the question?? Maybe if I perform my brainwash called "WIFE with BENEFITS"....I can make this wish come true. I would like maybe a Birkin 30 cm?

I will probably be able to acquire on my own a GP tote, or an Evelyn bag, but I am REALLY HAPPY with the HAC and Kelly I have.

HERMES is really addictive, and I am glad I have you all to learn from and also to help keep me LEVEL HEADED now!!:heart: THANK YOU!!

Tomorrow I may not have time to share this with you, so I'm putting this here now for posterity. I've picked up a great little book called, Entre Nous: A Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl. As an American from LA married to a Frenchman, Debra Ollivier makes some telling observations about French and American women and how they think about family, shopping, clothes, men, relationships, food, etc. But the section I thought most pertinent to our current topic (and possibly, most helpful for reigning in an overactive shopping gene) is this:

How to Shop Like a French Girl

It is impossible to shop American-style with Frederique because instant gratification is not part of her gestalt. Neither are credit cards. If she can't afford it, she won't buy it. If it doesn't fit (or make her feel good, or flaunt what she's got), she won't wear it. If she can't find it, she won't compromise. If she loves it, she won't toss it. She reuses it, rethinks it, lets it age...

When a French girl shops, it isn't a solitary act of buying something new. It's part of a lifelong process of editing her environment, making small but meaningful additions or adjustments to her home, her closet, her life.

When you shop like a French girl, you buy only one of anything -- and make sure it's the best quality you can afford. You know what you want and where to find it (and if you don't, you learn: You have your carnet d'adresses filled with details on special shops -- where to buy those velveteen pants, that whimsical frock coat, those fetish shoes or the loftly Viennese hats. Where to find those private twice-a-year sales and exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime deals in unmarked loft warehouses, where the French girl's passion borders on frenzy). You update with accents that are both unique and timeless... You invest in authentic things of quality that will endure and you focus on what's essential. And when you do find those essential things that work for you, you jump. "There is an antique shop I love on the rue Oberkampf," says Anne. "I look at the window every day, just a glance, and if something attracts me I buy it right then, otherwise I will miss it and regret it all my life!"

While you're sensitive to the winds of change, you're not prey to the whims and persuasions of every fad and ad. What's in or what's out is less important that what's in you: your passions, your personal style.

Maybe we should all try to learn to shop Hermes like French girls. ;)

i'm tracey....i've been around the bend, crazed out of control since mid august, which is not very damn long. i need help....a sponser perhaps...my spiral downwards went something like this...
a black jpg..all i wanted one black birkin....i carried it once and realized i needed brown and a "classic"...that kept me calm for about three weeks, until i realized i could not carry my ugly-ass wallet in that heavenly bag...but of course i had to buy the bigger one, the new one with the gusset...then i was fine...for another week...and several of you had to start in with the karo.....karo this..karo that....look at this gorgeous karo....that's what i really needed -- a 600 dollar make-up bag....cause let's face it, the wallet and agenda could not spoon with a kate spade inside the birkins...so that was that..until i needed something red and casual about a week later...i do have a boho side...it needed to be addressed or perhaps just dressed...massai was purchased...and then the etoupe eveyln because my SA said it was rare....then DH went to geneva and they had one karo left...in the color i wanted...well, what if mine gets dirty or damaged and they are getting hard to get or are they or am at the rock bottom and looking for any excuse??
the one thing i am thankful for is i am yet to succumb to the lure of scarves, twilly's or twedees....i have flirted from afar...i touched one and handed it back...i vow to remain an hermes silk virgin....for now...i am totally on the wagon until my orange 35cm arrives....
and i keep seeing blue jean leather in something small -- and a swift trimII....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...i've been around the bend, crazed out of control since mid august, which is not very damn long. i need help....a sponser perhaps...my spiral downwards went something like this...
a black jpg..all i wanted one black birkin....i carried it once and realized i needed brown and a "classic"...that kept me calm for about three weeks, until i realized i could not carry my ugly-ass wallet in that heavenly bag...but of course i had to buy the bigger one, the new one with the gusset...then i was fine...for another week...and several of you had to start in with the karo.....karo this..karo that....look at this gorgeous karo....that's what i really needed -- a 600 dollar make-up bag....cause let's face it, the wallet and agenda could not spoon with a kate spade inside the birkins...so that was that..until i needed something red and casual about a week later...i do have a boho side...it needed to be addressed or perhaps just dressed...massai was purchased...

Substitute April for August, birkin for Constance, Trim for "classic" and 37cm Bolide for massai, and I could have written this. Yikes!

Uh, I have a question - do H gifts count??

Like, if you were a member of AA, you wouldn't accept a drink from anyone. So if one were a member of HA, does one then forsake all H gifts???

Please help!! I have a birthday due soon and Christmas ain't that far way. As a Gary Larson cartoon once said - Warning : dates in calender are closer than they appear.

I'm afraid that a little H gift could lead to a whole downward spiral!!! Arrrghhh. Support group to the rescue please!!!

I am Kou Kanamiya, and I am a Hermes addict. I had a history of impulse buys involving bags. I thought I like them at the time but the thrill wore off pretty quickly for two of the bags. While I now no longer do impulse buys on bags, i still do it on small accessories, which do add up. Therefore, I am in much need of disabling in the purchase dept ...:yes: