HELP! blue jeans/dye transfer on/from my bbag... Color Transfer Issues

I am so sorry to hear that this happened! I have jeans colour on my -05 RT day so it happend in the early days too. Hopefully someone will know how to get rid of it but I think it´s pretty hard, good luck!

Kat

I bought a bag with a terrible blue jean transfer. I'd say I got 90% of it out. If the search forum were working, I'd hunt down my pics for ya.

I took babywipes and scrubbed. Let it dry, did it again. Let it dry...if it still needs it do it again.
then after dry I used apple conditioner.

Basically anything that is dark......black, browns, dark blues, dark purples, dark reds...........it would take a year to list all of the color possibilities from various seasons.

You will have better luck if you check the Balenciaga Reference Library for colors :yes:

Any dark color would be unlikely to show transferred dye from clothing. I think that is what you are asking about.

The bags themselves don't bleed color, regardless of the color bag. :confused1:

so the color from the bags dont transfer onto the clothing, just the color of the clothing that transfers onto the bags?

Hm, not quite. If your bag gets in contact with something wet (dare I say, sweat?) it will transfer colour. I've had this happen (in my defence, it was in a hot place and I was rushing around ...) Not pretty but it all came out in the wash, so no big deal. Just something to be aware of.

just wondering, does anyone know if the color of the bags can rub off if you buff it or rub it with something like a scrubber or anything similar? or is that only if a bag has been redyed or touched up?

just wondering, does anyone know if the color of the bags can rub off if you buff it or rub it with something like a scrubber or anything similar? or is that only if a bag has been redyed or touched up?

first question - why are you rubbing your bags with a scrubber??
secondly, the color can transfer to a soft cloth if you're cleaning it, but it shouldn't "come off" as it's a dyed leather, not a coated leather. HTH :yes:

hahahah!
no no i didn't use a scrubber
i had sold a bag and it looked awesome..but the person who bought it said that the frnot of the bag looked like it may have been redyed..as she used a microfiber cloth to rub the one spot that had a dark spot..and someof the color came off on the cloth and the dark spot got darker..
but i'm thinking she is right..the bag had been redyed/touched up in some spots and it was not noticeable unless you really looked..my own fault..we just wanted to ask the experts and find out what could have happened to it..
i mean, when i got it, it looked and felt really nice! and you know me, i JUST had a problem with that 05 turq that was redyed..so this bag felt NOTHING and looked NOTHING like that bag..so i would never have guessed it to have been retouched in that spot....but i guess i ddin't look hard enough..

thanks D..i am hoping that the bag i sold wasn't redyed and just has the same problems as some others where the color comes off and looks dark and not the same..=( i feel bad

I don't think that's necessarily the case :sad:

While I do not treat my bags with any products, I have occassionally taken a clean white cloth with and dampened it a bit to wipe of a part of a bbag.

Case in point: my black city was the victim of a tipsy spill and I wiped it down per above. My white cloth came away with a bit of the black dye. Not much, but clearly the dye isn't locked into the leather: it's unfinished so that's natural. :tup: