HELP! blue jeans/dye transfer on/from my bbag... Color Transfer Issues

there is one at far east shopping center though, maybe i should ask them.
i haven't dealt with professional bag cleaner before, i am afraid they will make it worse.
do you know what's the place called in chinasquare?

im not sure what the place is called..

but there is this place .. i think at far east shopping centre...

www.mybagspa.com

i went to the one in malaysia.. but they have their first outlet in singapore.. i had my chanel refurbished there. they are preety good. go check the site out... under locations.. HTH

I brought my Balenciaga out last night wearing jeans and it's light in color... I didn't know it would transfer so severely, but it's pretty bad. The corners and back has dark blue transfer. I heard Appleguard is good in getting rid of this but I'm confused on how to use them and which products I'll need to try and remove some of the damage!

Can anyone share some tips with me?

Thanks!

Oh and also, does it matter if this is done after some time? If I tried to clean it in about a month would that work as well as if I had just done it this morning?

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. I had the same thing happen to a White Nancy Gonzalez, Ostrich Bag, and I was wearing a nice dress, instead of jeans. I had to return the bag.......and I was surprised they took it back, but my next step, was to have Nancy dye the Bag...Navy Blue! Good luck!:hugs:

^ u used it then returned it?

OP,i use make-up remover sheet from POND's and they work wonderfully. only take off the jeans transfer, not the color on ur bag. u can really tell my looking at the sheet :smile:
in fact, i just wiped my maldives yesterday

Does anyone know the difference between LMB Botanical Silk Cleanser and Luxury Cleanser?? Botanical Silk Cleanser seems like a new product from LMB for BBag....

I am just not quite sure if I should get the Botanical Silk Cleaner or the Luxury Cleanser..... Any thoughts on this???

Many Many Many Thanks!!!

I have a Balenciaga Giant City in Galet ("Pebble" - basically a medium gray). I had a lot of color transfer from my jeans (even though I've washed and worn each of them many times). I used a soft white eraser to remove some of the stains as they occurred (based on what I read on the LMB website and comments on TPF) and it worked initially but not after the first time. Desperate, I bought Applegarde cleanser since it was readily available, cheaper than LMB, and supposedly stronger (which at this point I figured I needed).

I spot-tested the Applegarde and it lifted off the stain almost immediately with no color fading though there was slight drying of the leather. The good news was that a light touch of the Applegarde removed most of the color transfer on the areas in which I did not use the eraser. The bad news was, in the areas in which I did use the eraser (which unfortunately, was a sizable patch on the back of the bag), the stains barely came off AND the color significantly faded. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the rubbing of the eraser (which I did lightly) opened the bag's "pores" and made it more absorbent to the stains - which is probably why the stain buildup got worse. So basically, now there are faded denim stains in blotchy patches (now more gray than blue) and an overall fading in that area. So sad looking...:sad:

Anyway, now that my beloved, barely 6 month old bag is now blotchy and faded on one side, what do I do??? I know LMB is not cheap and I'd hate to pay so much to have it repaired professionally so soon after my purchase (though it looks like the results are amazing!). Any home remedies to restore the color? Or at this point, should I opt for professional care? I'm also worried that even if I pay to have the bag completely restored and seal it with protective spray, this will happen again based on what I've been reading here. The rest of the bag looks perfect and has since been conditioned with AppleGarde. Has anyone else had problems with Galet?

I have a Galet Day and it is badly stained at the back because of jeans transfer! Galet looks easy to maintain but actually isn't. And yes, my bag has been spayed with Applegarde twice but it is still so easily stained.

I have an off-white Bal Twiggy that's gotten some dye from my jeans rubbed off on her. I know there's AppleGarde for the leather, but I also have cleaners near me. I was wondering if taking the bag to the cleaners would get the job done, also?