Have You Ever Won Anything ?

nothing online.
  • When I was 5, I won a coloring contest at a local department store. It was for fathers day and I drew a pic of my dad in one of the sponsors dress shirts. My dad got 5 free dress shirts and I got a Malibu Barbie.
  • When I was in junior high, I went to the horse track with a friend and her dad. The only horse I bet on had 25-1 odds. He came in first. I won $700 and my friends dad was pissed all the way home.
  • When I was about 25, I won a 10-speed bike in a raffle.

My friend's mom has a desk job where she sits around all day, and she calls into a particular station and has won at least 20 times in a year. I can't remember everything she's won but a few have been- All Expense paid trips to Cancun and Vegas, PSP, plasma flat screen TV, front row tickets to Keith Urban's concert, at least 2 laptops, 6 months on some kind of diet where they send food to you every day, etc. I'm always so jealous of her!!

Last year I won $100 Amex gift certificate for filling out a survey on the FAO Schwartz website since I had purchased something from them. When the fulfillment company called me to confirm my address I didn''t believe it was true. It was! There were only 5 people who won!

I've gotten free stuff by doing surveys online, but, thats about it...my aunt won a 4 night 3 day trip to vegas by filling out a contest at a resturant that we went to for thanksgiving one year!

All the time. Almost everytime I go to an event that has a raffle or door prize with at least 75 - 500 people attending, I get something. Most recently, I went to an informal dance show which followed a related conference - and 4 out of our family's 5 tickets won something (Radio, Stained glass art, makeup, embroidered scarf. In the past it's been: Vintage Rockwell plates, various gift certificates, a free turkey, free custom framing coupon - that's just what comes off the top of my head.

But, I don't play lotto or gamble because the odds don't make sense.

I think the first contest I ever won was a drawing contest. I was in a hospital more than 14 years ago and the hospital staff had a drawing contest and I won. I still have the framed "certificate" with me now. I thought it was pretty lame though.

I also won a radio station contest once. Err, this was a few years back I think. I don't remember. But female DJ asks the listeners what song they would like the radio station to play during Christmas holiday, of course I would submit a song to them. After I got back from vacation, they called me and told me I won the drawing. Turns out the prize was just some radio station merchandise and a Bryan Adams Anthology CD. I don't have any of these prizes anymore (I sold my Bryan Adams CD), but that was the only thing I ever won for the longest time.