Have You Ever Won Anything ?

i won a 27 inch tv at work once. but my dad is the lucky one in the family. he's won tons of things...palm pilots, golf bags, trips (one was to the emmys), etc. but he's an executive in the telecom industry, so most of the contests he wins are through his suppliers.

I'm in a co-ed hockey league and I won a very nice $200 stick (graphite!) in a random drawing held by a new local shop. Trust me, it's :drool: .

I also won a fund raising contest for an annual series of charity benefit games with proceeds benefiting the local Ronald McDonald House. I won a very nice gear backpack! I suppose I should include it in my handbag collection pix because it's a bag :lol: .

I was about to say that I had never won anything... then I rememberd in 8th grade I won an autographed book from a semi-famous Cuban writer that taught at my school for some time for a poem I wrote(we all had to write poems in Spanish and he picked the one he liked best). I hadn't thought about that in a long time, I still have the book. What a nice memory! :smile:

I have been pretty lucky, especially as a kid...I won:
A bike
A mickey mouse phone (one of those huge ones from the 70's)
a trip to long beach
a donut maker
a trip anywhere in the cont. US (went to New Orleans)
a ton of little stuff, wine, etc

A few years ago at my company picnic, it got embarrassing, because between contests and raffle we won:
Wine
wine glasses
large bath basket
large food basket
Toys R us gift certificate
starbucks gift certificate
walkman CD player
Long range walkie talkies
Dual DVD / VCR player (when they were still pretty expensive)

whew!

A couple of real good things--$1000 on an instant lotto card about 20 years ago, and a family trip to Disney World from a radio contest, also about 20 years ago. We were going thru a real tough time, so they were especially welcome to our family.

I don't seem to win anything, but DH did have some great wins. The best was when he won a 4-day holiday for 2 to Fiji (through a work supplier contest). We used it for our mini-moon.