Have you ever been too afraid to actually carry your LV?

I've never actually been afraid to use my bags because that's what I bought them for.
However, I HAVE just not carried them in certain situations where I don't want to draw attention to my bag. In those types, I'll either carry my Epi Jasmin or my Damier Speedy.

I agree! I do that a lot, part of the reason why I've been buying more epi and damier in recent years too! Sometimes though, in like bad storms I may just grab a pochette (we get some really windy rainy storms where I live on the east coast) I usually don't get too worried when things get a little wet, but when rain is as heavy as a shower it's just a pain and I don't exactly want any of my bags to get completely soaked....

The first couple times of carrying any bag I feel worried about it getting dirtied...and eventually when I do spot something on it - I am not afraid of more stains!

So I think you have to force yourself to use it , see some damage and live with it!

:P your comment reminded of me of just like driving a brand-new car!! one scratch, and get over the hump!! i've been abusing it ever since!! :roflmfao: :heart:

I carry either my pochettes or my baggy denim to work. Most people can't tell that the baggy denim is an LV unless they KNOW their bags, or can see the "LV" insignias, and the pochettes are small, and therefore, inoffensive to most people.

I was like that with my first mono, i was even paranoid to have my daughter (6yrs old) go anywhere near it!:cursing: I wouldnt even let my DH hold the handles:sos: ....ha ha ha ha!!!! But I have learned to relax a bit. After all, it is just a bag...an EXPENSIVE bag that I bought to enjoy & use. I think as long as we dont throw it around, set it down on the ground, stand out in the pouring rain in them....normal wear & tear is OK:yes:....say it with me..."normal wear & tear is ok"....:shame:

I know the feeling... but I get over it pretty easily. I am pretty careful with my stuff, though... I won't use any of my LV bags if the weather forecast says it's going to rain or something...

So far, none of my bags have scratches or anything... maybe a little bit of dirt on vachetta, but not too noticeable.

I've never actually been afraid to use my bags because that's what I bought them for.
However, I HAVE just not carried them in certain situations where I don't want to draw attention to my bag. In those types, I'll either carry my Epi Jasmin or my Damier Speedy.

Agreed.

Why spend the money if you are going to be scared of using it? Now, I can understand if you just simply don't get around using it right away (as I am guilty of doing that myself) but to PURPOSELY not use it would be a waste. :confused1:

When I first got my Recital I wasn't scared to use it but I was really careful with it. It was my first designer bag and I didn't want to ruin it. Then one day my purse was in the back seat of my car and when I flicked my cigarette out the window i guess it flew back in and landed on my bag. Luckily, it was on the bottom of the bag where no one can see it. It didn't burn a hole through but you can see a little part where the leather is melted. Now I abuse that bag. I actually feel kind of guilty. My gucci's are still getting some tender loving right now, they aren't as sturdy as LV mono canvas.

I was always afraid to marr my vachetta as well. All it took to get over it was my sweet, 1.5 year old neice and a pair of dirty hands to create the first mark. She is a tiny tot and adores playing with purses, how could I get upset!?

I'm really careful with my bags...but there was once when rain just poured..like really badly...came out of nowhere when I was crossing a road...so I ran to the closest shade...ripped off my cardigan and wrapped her around it...looked like an idiot...but it was well worth it!! not letting my little girl get anymore freckles!

lol. i have this twisted tendency to not use a new bag out unless i buy another one...so by then, it'll be "old" even if it was just sitting in my closet...and i wouldn't feel as paranoid. :lol:

stupidity can be really expensive these days. :roflmfao:

A little scared at first to take my vernis for a ride, but still did it the next day I got it. But then I think, if I don´t wear it it won´t bring me any joy.

At first I was really paranoid to take mine out, but my husband couldn't understand how I could spend so much money on an LV and leave it in its dustbag...that's when I realized I needed to enjoy my purchase. I wouldn't leave my car in the garage just because it was brand new, so why leave my bag in the closet! That doesn't mean I am not careful, I just have relaxed a little bit about it.