Have you ever been too afraid to actually carry your LV?

well, i never really too paranoid when i'm wearing a new bag, but i do extra careful and gentle on it since it is still new. I do sometimes, hate it when people complimented it and then touch it with their hands, kekeke :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: however, i will be very distressfull if i wear my new shoes, because i know, after i use it, they will get the signed of wearness and shoes will never be the same, :crybaby: ... but this is never stop my addiction to shoes, :rolleyes::wlae: :jammin: :supacool:

I have to admit...I'm afraid of my LV bag (Alma in Monogram Canvas). :shame: I know that at some point, a spot will appear on it and it will never be the same.:lol: And yes, I know that bags are meant to be used, but...well...it just looks so beautiful right now. :rolleyes: I want the leather to get darker, but I just don't want a speck of anything to get on it.:s

For those of you who have experienced this with your first LV or any new LV, how long did it take you to get over it? I once read an interview with Sarah Jessica Parker in which she said that Matthew had given her an Hermes Birkin and for a while, she was afraid of it because it was so beautiful. :lol:

I always am with my mc speedy and denim speedy,mc alma.
they were bought new and i just cant get over that hump of using them.
The rest of my bags i have no issue with.

Feel the same way. :crybaby: My Speedy is nearly 2 months old (used her twice):yahoo: , my pochette and perfo cles are about 2 weeks old (never used 'em!!!!) :wtf::hysteric: . Am still so paranoid, I think I do need serious help :upsidedown: :shrugs: :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_0249 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0249 (Small).JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0268 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0268 (Small).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0274 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0274 (Small).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0303 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0303 (Small).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0333 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0333 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0321 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0321 (Small).JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0356 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0356 (Small).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
I am in the beginning, but then I get used to it and carry the bag. With my vintage pieces I actually am a little more careful becaus they're older, and I feel they're more inclined to breakage. :sad:

But I think my mom is more extreme than I am.

Feel the same way. :crybaby: My Speedy is nearly 2 months old (used her twice):yahoo: , my pochette and perfo cles are about 2 weeks old (never used 'em!!!!) :wtf::hysteric: . Am still so paranoid, I think I do need serious help :upsidedown: :shrugs: :sad:

Your bags look just as new! I don't think it's bad to be paranoid; after all, they are beautiful bags.

Never...when I bought my first LV I couldn't wait to get home to use it.
And that's how it's been with all my bags. Heck if I could have swap them right there at the store I would...but that's a bit extreme :lol:

OK, my first LV sat in my closet for probably two and half to three months before I finally got enough courage to use it!!! I vowed to NEVER do it again!!! I know where you're coming from but PLEASE, use the bag!!! LV ONLY LOOKS BETTER WITH AGE!!!:yes:

With my Speedy (the monogram one), I wasn't careful enough. Bought it in February 2006 and it is already in getting new handles! I will be more careful when it comes back! I think I am going to use my Damier Speedy when the weather is bad. My problem is I would go to the tanning bed and then grab my monogram one with my hands (and the tanning lotion stained it). I am going to be a better LV mom from now on.

I felt this way when I first got some of my best bags and I am still choosy where I carry them and what the weather conditions are. I still have not carried my vintage Kelly bag yet!

When I unwrapped my 1st LV (Hudson PM) I was a bit like that. I washed my hands (which definitely weren't dirty!!!) before touching it... :P but that didn't last long... 30 minutes maybe :lol:

While I try to be careful with my bags I got them to enjoy, my motto is Life's short! What good will it do me to have a closet full of beautiful unused bags when I'm not here?:lol: