Has anyone shopped at Italist?

I have searched the entire forum but couldn't find anything on this, has anyone shopped at www.italist.com? and if it is authentic and legitimate? thank you!

I'd like to know too - the site seems pretty well laid-out and designed...but I would wait on purchasing until someone here confirms. Sometimes new sites spring up and while some are authentic, a lot aren't.

Let me tell you a story:

I looked all over the internet for info on this ite but found NOTHING. They have some fantastic prices on Giorgio Armani bags. I was afraid of getting scammed so I emailed them and asked "what's the catch" and "why are your prices so low" and "why can't I find a single person who has bought from you?"

They were very helpful and sent me magazine articles about themselves and assured me they were on the up and up. So I decided to try it, totally expecting to get ripped off. There is a GA bag I want but I ordered a different bag, an older GA that was 360.00. as a dry run for the $1000. bag I really wanted.

So I added the bag to my cart and it kept kicking it out of my cart? I'm gonna get ripped off. Then I created an account and it went to my cart just fine. Oh well I haven't paid yet. So I add it to my cart and it won't give me a total with shipping UNTIL I PAY! Good grief this is going to get ugly. I email them, mind you they aren't open 24/7 like American online shops. I ask them why I can't get a true amount and they were very helpful but that's just how it is. So I'm thinking my $300 bag will end up being $600.

It took me 3 days to finally get the nerve to press that PAY button! This was my first international purchase so I didn't know what to expect. So Friday night I'm having a few cocktails with my husband, I get a little tipsy and go hit that PAY button. ERROR! Problem with your transaction. please contact us ASAP! Dear Lord please help me. So I contact them but you know it's Friday night and they're closed.

They get back to me Saturday and tell me my card put a hold on my possibly fraudulent purchase and to call them. My conscience is soo telling me to stop now, but I need that bag. So I call the card company and take care of it. Then I stew over this for a few hours and then I did it. I pressed PAY

And then the strangest thing happened. I got an instant email from Italist thanking me for my purchase and here's your receipt and heres an email to refer a friend and they'll get 25euros to spend and your bag will be there in 3-10 days heres your tracking number and it is leaving first thing monday morning.

It left there Monday and I just got it today(Thursday) and it is brand new and properly packaged and authentic and beautiful and smells so good. Whew!

So They are a lovely company, I give them 5 stars!:yw:

I also recently purchased a bag through Italist and everything worked out fine. I wasn't worried about fake bags as the designer was not that well-known to have widespread knockoffs. I fell in love with a mini Sophie Hulme side-chain shopper and was pricing it online when I came across Italist (via polyvore) who was selling it at a 40% discount. It's not among her more popular designs so not many of the common online sites like Net-a-porter and Shopbop were carrying that particular bag model. The price was so attractive that I ordered it right away without doing too much research on Italist. Anyway, long story short, the bag arrived in excellent time (via DHL) and perfect condition.

I think Italist is like Farfetch and they basically source from actual brick-and-mortar stores in Italy - only I think Italist is not as well-developed as Farfetch so they have fewer stores working with/attached to them.

Reactions: nicole0612
They do charge customs fees up front when you order and it's a fairly decent amount. But their prices on some of their items still make it a bargain. And they have quite a few of this year's items at great prices!

Let me tell you a story:

I looked all over the internet for info on this ite but found NOTHING. They have some fantastic prices on Giorgio Armani bags. I was afraid of getting scammed so I emailed them and asked "what's the catch" and "why are your prices so low" and "why can't I find a single person who has bought from you?"

They were very helpful and sent me magazine articles about themselves and assured me they were on the up and up. So I decided to try it, totally expecting to get ripped off. There is a GA bag I want but I ordered a different bag, an older GA that was 360.00. as a dry run for the $1000. bag I really wanted.

So I added the bag to my cart and it kept kicking it out of my cart? I'm gonna get ripped off. Then I created an account and it went to my cart just fine. Oh well I haven't paid yet. So I add it to my cart and it won't give me a total with shipping UNTIL I PAY! Good grief this is going to get ugly. I email them, mind you they aren't open 24/7 like American online shops. I ask them why I can't get a true amount and they were very helpful but that's just how it is. So I'm thinking my $300 bag will end up being $600.

It took me 3 days to finally get the nerve to press that PAY button! This was my first international purchase so I didn't know what to expect. So Friday night I'm having a few cocktails with my husband, I get a little tipsy and go hit that PAY button. ERROR! Problem with your transaction. please contact us ASAP! Dear Lord please help me. So I contact them but you know it's Friday night and they're closed.

They get back to me Saturday and tell me my card put a hold on my possibly fraudulent purchase and to call them. My conscience is soo telling me to stop now, but I need that bag. So I call the card company and take care of it. Then I stew over this for a few hours and then I did it. I pressed PAY

And then the strangest thing happened. I got an instant email from Italist thanking me for my purchase and here's your receipt and heres an email to refer a friend and they'll get 25euros to spend and your bag will be there in 3-10 days heres your tracking number and it is leaving first thing monday morning.

It left there Monday and I just got it today(Thursday) and it is brand new and properly packaged and authentic and beautiful and smells so good. Whew!

So They are a lovely company, I give them 5 stars!:yw:

Thanks for letting us know - so all in all, it all worked out. But I would've been very nervous too, especially with not knowing up front what the actual price was going to be!

I just bought a pair of CL's from italist. After they were shipped from Milan, they arrived THE NEXT DAY! I was so excited. They are real and trustworthy. I will absolutely be shopping again with them.