Gucci sales-outlet-web-and auction deals CHAT thread

thank you so much for your help, i called the store and spoke to someone else, gigi won't be in till later. they said they only had one in the large size, it was for a really good price but i'm pretty petite and it would have been too big for me. do you know if gigi kept some bags on hold? thank you.

No, she didn't. It was pretty busy and I was on a tight time schedule-sorry. Hope you find one though. I think they can put you on a wish list and call if one comes in.

Thanks for the information. It sounds like you made some wonderful purchases :smile:

I am debating going out to Cabazon this afternoon or going to Saks and Neimans to check out what they have left. Unfortunately Cabazon is in a completely opposite direction of the department stores, so I can't do both today.
Mad_Caliope,

Did you go back out to Cabazon? If so, what did you get?

I was looking at this bag at Gucci yesterday. They told me the black leather will probably never go on sale (but like we saw with the Saks online sale, never say never!).

I know that the regular black leather one with the light gold hardware, being a classic, will probably never go on sale (although they did have the black patent during the sale that just passed), but since the studded one with the gunmetal hardware is a fall seasonal item, wouldn't it go on sale at the end of the year? Unless they sell out by then...Really want this bag, but just contemplating if I should bite the bullet and get it now or wait an agonizing few months and see. I would be pretty heartbroken if the bag sells out before the sale or if I buy the bag now and it ends up going on sale. What do you guys think? :help::ty: TIA

I know that the regular black leather one with the light gold hardware, being a classic, will probably never go on sale (although they did have the black patent during the sale that just passed), but since the studded one with the gunmetal hardware is a fall seasonal item, wouldn't it go on sale at the end of the year? Unless they sell out by then...Really want this bag, but just contemplating if I should bite the bullet and get it now or wait an agonizing few months and see. I would be pretty heartbroken if the bag sells out before the sale or if I buy the bag now and it ends up going on sale. What do you guys think? :help::ty: TIA

Saks online put the regular black leather (not just patent) on sale a few weeks ago at 50% off, however that was a rather unusual sale. My local Gucci store front never put any of the regular black leather bags on sale though. I think it will depend on each individual retailer. Saks seems to put many leathers and colors on sale that other stores do not (and not just with Gucci).

Saks online put the regular black leather (not just patent) on sale a few weeks ago at 50% off, however that was a rather unusual sale. My local Gucci store front never put any of the regular black leather bags on sale though. I think it will depend on each individual retailer. Saks seems to put many leathers and colors on sale that other stores do not (and not just with Gucci).

Thanks for your input. Wish I could know for sure, but I would hate to miss out on this bag. Would be bummed to see it on sale a few months from now.

Thanks for your input. Wish I could know for sure, but I would hate to miss out on this bag. Would be bummed to see it on sale a few months from now.

I really doubt we will see the regular leather in black on sale this season. If you love the bag, get it :smile:

You will have many months of use out of it before Gucci has another sale, and it may not even go on sale. Also, even if it does go on sale, there is no guarantee of getting one. Look at how incredibly quickly Saks sold out of everything when they did their online sale a couple of weeks ago. Most bags were gone within an hour or two. I was trying to get a disco in regular black and regular red leather, and both were completely sold out by the time I awoke in the morning, and they never added them back to the sale. Now they are regular price again.

I really doubt we will see the regular leather in black on sale this season. If you love the bag, get it :smile:

You will have many months of use out of it before Gucci has another sale, and it may not even go on sale. Also, even if it does go on sale, there is no guarantee of getting one. Look at how incredibly quickly Saks sold out of everything when they did their online sale a couple of weeks ago. Most bags were gone within an hour or two. I was trying to get a disco in regular black and regular red leather, and both were completely sold out by the time I awoke in the morning, and they never added them back to the sale. Now they are regular price again.

Really sound advice. I think I'm going to just go for it and enjoy her in the meantime :smile: Thanks again!

Really sound advice. I think I'm going to just go for it and enjoy her in the meantime :smile: Thanks again!

I hope you get it and love it :smile: Many of the stores out here where I live are just now getting shipments of this bag, and they are very popular. I saw several people trying them on at various stores at South Coast Plaza over the weekend.

I am thinking of getting the black studded disco :smile: Even my husband liked that bag when he first saw it lol.

I hope you get it and love it :smile: Many of the stores out here where I live are just now getting shipments of this bag, and they are very popular. I saw several people trying them on at various stores at South Coast Plaza over the weekend.

I am thinking of getting the black studded disco :smile: Even my husband liked that bag when he first saw it lol.

They look absolutely stunning, don't they? Love the studs! The disco looks really cute as well, but too small for my needs as a daily bag. The Bordeaux color looks gorgeous as well. I also love how they went with that gunmetal/silver color for the hardware instead of the gold. Very rock n roll chic :P Your husband has great taste BTW! hehe We'll both have to do a reveal then if (more like *when*) we get them ;)