Gucci Disco Bag Club

Absolutely gorgeous! As Barbee mentioned above, each bag is different. I noticed that the Camelia bag is very soft; have you tried inserts? Although my Studded disco is a stronger leather, I still use an insert to keep the form as well as keeping the inside clean.
I just received the soho disco yesterday and I noticed the bag started to in-caved. Does anyone thinks it's normal?
IMG_0619.PNG

Absolutely gorgeous! As Barbee mentioned above, each bag is different. I noticed that the Camelia bag is very soft; have you tried inserts? Although my Studded disco is a stronger leather, I still use an insert to keep the form as well as keeping the inside clean.

View attachment 3623577

Your studded bag is beautiful! May I ask, where do you get the inserts? I received my Disco today from Saks, finally!! This is my first Discoand I must say I love it!

Your studded bag is beautiful! May I ask, where do you get the inserts? I received my Disco today from Saks, finally!! This is my first Discoand I must say I love it!

Thank you. Alright finally!! Congratulations! In finally getting your bag! :smile:
These are the inserts. I originally bought mine at tjmaxx/marshalls. I use the middle one when I use the bag; however when I store it, I use the larger one to keep the form They are stiff which is excellent for keeping the form of the bag. :smile:
IMG_0622.JPG

Thank you. Alright finally!! Congratulations! In finally getting your bag! :smile:
These are the inserts. I originally bought mine at tjmaxx/marshalls. I use the middle one when I use the bag; however when I store it, I use the larger one to keep the form They are stiff which is excellent for keeping the form of the bag. :smile:
View attachment 3623608

What a great idea! The bag fits inside the largest insert?

Sorry no one has responded to you. My bag also has the 308864. I would think a non authentic bag would have the same number, as some of the super fakes in so many ways(hardware, etc) look identical. When I found I had a fake, the only way I could tell was by counting the stitches on the interlocking GG's on the front. Where they form a V , the stitch count was much less on the fake. No one has seemed to prove/disprove my theory, but I was able to send mine back and would use this "theory" again. You can look at the closeups of other Discos on this thread and compare to yours. Hope this helps.
Thank you for replying!!! I ended up contacting Meme's Treasures and she spotted it as a fake in 5 minutes!! She said the font was all off - specifically in the "made in" tab - and that the market is just FLOODED with these bags right now. Seems like a bad time to try to save a buck... I think I'll just go to the store! Thank God I didn't buy it ... but by the time I'd emailed the seller to tell him this "news" (doubt it was news to him) some other poor soul had paid $580 for it! Highly recommend this authenticator she seems to know her stuff!

Reactions: Guccigirlny
I just received the soho disco yesterday and I noticed the bag started to in-caved. Does anyone thinks it's normal?

View attachment 3623325
View attachment 3623326
View attachment 3623327
View attachment 3623328

I have the soho disco in navy trio and it feels so different from my camellia soho disco. My navy trio is more structure and the leather seems more durable compared to camellia. The leather on the camellia is more supple. Does anyone noticed this?

View attachment 3623329
View attachment 3623330
View attachment 3623331
View attachment 3623332

Here are some comparison pictures. The pipping of the bag are completely different.
Yes my bag has the same bend on the top side (the zipper side) .. I went to the Gucci store and they are the same. They feel the same, size and leather quality. My friend has the black one and she has the same issue with the bend of the leather, but she says that it happened after a couple of months , and nor right away.

Reactions: Guccigirlny
Thank you for replying!!! I ended up contacting Meme's Treasures and she spotted it as a fake in 5 minutes!! She said the font was all off - specifically in the "made in" tab - and that the market is just FLOODED with these bags right now. Seems like a bad time to try to save a buck... I think I'll just go to the store! Thank God I didn't buy it ... but by the time I'd emailed the seller to tell him this "news" (doubt it was news to him) some other poor soul had paid $580 for it! Highly recommend this authenticator she seems to know her stuff!
So glad it sold out from under you! Yes, the font would be what I was referring to on the front GG's also. I found the font on the dustbag to be different also. When my husband inspected hardware etc with reading glasses, he could see no difference(from my real to the fake.) So I have to assume for "superfakes" the hardware, zippers, what have you, come from the same vendor. I believe some people, sadly, don't mind receiving a fake, if it looks quite real, and is a better price. It would constantly be on my mind--just could not do it.
If I sell a handbag, I try to post so many pics, in my home setting, and will take a pic of the invoice, etc to help the buyer know it is authentic. When others do not, I would just stay away from their items.

One of the first things you can check is Gucci website, compare all the details to the images they provide, like what barbee said: stiches.. others like the hardware had holds the tassel, pipeline at the bottom of the bag. That's how I spotted the replica I purchased online couple months back.

I made another purchase on Facebook and confirmed all the details that it was authentic before I posted on Authenticate This thread.

Sometimes it is quite difficult to tell from fewer pictures, I knew mine was fake after I received it. Because the leather had such a bad chemical smell to do, plus a weird perfume that seemingly felt like it tried to cover that chemical smell.

Just be cautious purchasing online, there's way too many replicas out there.
THANK YOU! :smile: I really did try to do that (I have about 17 "Gucci Disco Bag" tabs open on my computer!!) but in the end if it's that good a fake it's really hard to spot unless you're an expert I guess. This one had me fooled but I didn't have it in hand AND I don't own any Gucci so nothing to compare to. I was stung once by a LV so am super careful now. And these are expensive fakes! Superfakes indeed. If I"m paying $580 I want the real thing!! Would so rather have a gently used real deal than the fake. Bottom line I guess - keep your invoice/receipt and ask for one and don't buy without it!

Thank you very much for all your help and information with this whole Saks issue. Enjoy your lovely collection of Gucci bags, you have some real beauties!
Hey no problem.
Since I'm finally using my studded disco I have the yellow insert inside the bag to keep its form and amongst other things I keep my lipstick/pen so as not to ruin the interior of the bag. There's still plenty of room for my wallet, ID card, card holder, keys, phone etc.
when I decide to put this bag on the shelf I will put the gray insert in the bag to keep its form even further since it reaches the top.
I don't recommend using the gray insert for everyday use because you wouldnt want the zippers to get caught on one another opening and closing the bag all the time. :smile:
Oh And thanks! :smile:

Reactions: ilysukixD
Hey no problem.
Since I'm finally using my studded disco I have the yellow insert inside the bag to keep its form and amongst other things I keep my lipstick/pen so as not to ruin the interior of the bag. There's still plenty of room for my wallet, ID card, card holder, keys, phone etc.
when I decide to put this bag on the shelf I will put the gray insert in the bag to keep its form even further since it reaches the top.
I don't recommend using the gray insert for everyday use because you wouldnt want the zippers to get caught on one another opening and closing the bag all the time. :smile:
Oh And thanks! :smile:

Thank you for the advise, I purchased the insert way back in December after reading about your post about them. But never used it since my navy trio is very structured, guess it time to use it for my new soho disco.

Reactions: Johnpauliegal

View attachment 3623325
View attachment 3623326
View attachment 3623327
View attachment 3623328

I have the soho disco in navy trio and it feels so different from my camellia soho disco. My navy trio is more structure and the leather seems more durable compared to camellia. The leather on the camellia is more supple. Does anyone noticed this?

View attachment 3623329
View attachment 3623330
View attachment 3623331
View attachment 3623332

Here are some comparison pictures. The pipping of the bag are completely different.

Mine looks just like yours like collapsed at the top but I think in a normal way as anyother natural leather bag. Nothing seems odd to me in tnhis bag and knowing where it came from we know that these are authentics!

IMG_1488840079.180614.jpg
IMG_1488840094.637090.jpg

Reactions: Såbrīnă 82
Mine looks just like yours like collapsed at the top but I think in a normal way as anyother natural leather bag. Nothing seems odd to me in tnhis bag and knowing where it came from we know that these are authentics!

View attachment 3625353
View attachment 3625354

I was thinking it was a defect because I didn't have issue with my other bag. But I guess due to the soft leather it's easier to goes out of shape. It just feels flimsy compared to my other bag.

Reactions: Maracucha