Gucci Disco Bag Club

I've been back and forth on the disco and I ordered it once more to give it another chance. Received from net a porter but the image on their site the strap end is rounded. I can't find any decent pics of just the end of the strap to compare but mine is more square. Is anyone else's square? Have added a pic. Everything else looks fine but I definitely don't want to keep it if it's not authentic.

View attachment 3615780

Hi I checked mine after I saw your post and mine looks like yours. Not rounded but more of a square shape like yours

Hi I checked mine after I saw your post and mine looks like yours. Not rounded but more of a square shape like yours
Thank you SO much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I have been stuck on this bag because I love it but it's just not quite big enough for me to commit to. But then again I can't get it out of my mind so I decided to try again and see if I can make it work for me. While I bought it through a reputable retailer, I was just thrown by all the stock photos looking rounded I was worried someone had done the switch.

Thanks again for your response.

Thank you SO much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I have been stuck on this bag because I love it but it's just not quite big enough for me to commit to. But then again I can't get it out of my mind so I decided to try again and see if I can make it work for me. While I bought it through a reputable retailer, I was just thrown by all the stock photos looking rounded I was worried someone had done the switch.

Thanks again for your response.

Anytime :smile: I was the same with my bags because I usually use bigger ones. But then I always end up carrying too much stuff with me.
Now I use this and if I take it to work I bring a separate bag with work stuff, so I can just take the Disco for lunch and not have to carry all the stuff.

I hope you make it work for you, it's really a versatile bag :smile:

I am trying to decide between Rose Beige Disco or Black. I have the red and love it but I don't grab for it as often as my more neutral bags. Looking for something easy to carry in the summer so leaning towards Rose Beige but wondered if black would be equally as versatile given that I wear my black Valentino flip flops a ton...

I saw that! But i'm so confused....its more expensive then it was last week ($750ish)?? Almost the same price as here in the US? Hopefully a black one pops up.......
That's weird it was 750ish I wonder why the price increase. I grabbed one when they had them and even with the insane $30 shipping fee it was around 780. However it's still saving you some money just not as much. I've still been on the fence on keeping the one I got(don't really need it but I've been crushing for it since I got my black one) If it was the higher price I wouldn't have even gotten it.

Hi Ladies! Obsessed with this bag and looking at new and pre-loved in red. i posted one on the authenticate this forum but no answers yet... can anyone tell me what the model number code is on the serial number? I just read that the first set of numbers is the model number and wanted to do any due dilligence I could. Here is a pic of the inside of the bag - does model number jive with everyone else's here? TIA!
gucci.jpg

Hi Ladies! Obsessed with this bag and looking at new and pre-loved in red. i posted one on the authenticate this forum but no answers yet... can anyone tell me what the model number code is on the serial number? I just read that the first set of numbers is the model number and wanted to do any due dilligence I could. Here is a pic of the inside of the bag - does model number jive with everyone else's here? TIA!
View attachment 3622078
Sorry no one has responded to you. My bag also has the 308864. I would think a non authentic bag would have the same number, as some of the super fakes in so many ways(hardware, etc) look identical. When I found I had a fake, the only way I could tell was by counting the stitches on the interlocking GG's on the front. Where they form a V , the stitch count was much less on the fake. No one has seemed to prove/disprove my theory, but I was able to send mine back and would use this "theory" again. You can look at the closeups of other Discos on this thread and compare to yours. Hope this helps.

View attachment 3622078

Sorry no one has responded to you. My bag also has the 308864. I would think a non authentic bag would have the same number, as some of the super fakes in so many ways(hardware, etc) look identical. When I found I had a fake, the only way I could tell was by counting the stitches on the interlocking GG's on the front. Where they form a V , the stitch count was much less on the fake. No one has seemed to prove/disprove my theory, but I was able to send mine back and would use this "theory" again. You can look at the closeups of other Discos on this thread and compare to yours. Hope this helps.

One of the first things you can check is Gucci website, compare all the details to the images they provide, like what barbee said: stiches.. others like the hardware had holds the tassel, pipeline at the bottom of the bag. That's how I spotted the replica I purchased online couple months back.

I made another purchase on Facebook and confirmed all the details that it was authentic before I posted on Authenticate This thread.

Sometimes it is quite difficult to tell from fewer pictures, I knew mine was fake after I received it. Because the leather had such a bad chemical smell to do, plus a weird perfume that seemingly felt like it tried to cover that chemical smell.

Just be cautious purchasing online, there's way too many replicas out there.

I just received the soho disco yesterday and I noticed the bag started to in-caved. Does anyone thinks it's normal?

IMG_1488657295.928579.jpg
IMG_1488657306.891508.jpg
IMG_1488657316.780539.jpg
IMG_1488657327.284079.jpg

I have the soho disco in navy trio and it feels so different from my camellia soho disco. My navy trio is more structure and the leather seems more durable compared to camellia. The leather on the camellia is more supple. Does anyone noticed this?

IMG_1488657591.579985.jpg
IMG_1488657609.803775.jpg
IMG_1488657625.095106.jpg
IMG_1488657637.533939.jpg

Here are some comparison pictures. The pipping of the bag are completely different.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I just received the soho disco yesterday and I noticed the bag started to in-caved. Does anyone thinks it's normal?

View attachment 3623325
View attachment 3623326
View attachment 3623327
View attachment 3623328

I have the soho disco in navy trio and it feels so different from my camellia soho disco. My navy trio is more structure and the leather seems more durable compared to camellia. The leather on the camellia is more supple. Does anyone noticed this?

View attachment 3623329
View attachment 3623330
View attachment 3623331
View attachment 3623332

Here are some comparison pictures. The pipping of the bag are completely different.
I received my bag yesterday, and it appears very much like yours. However, I don't feel it looks caved in. I have two others, but one is patent and the other python. The patent appears smaller, probably due to using it. The stitches on the new one seem fine to me. Remember, individuals are sewing these stitches, so each will be unique. I would think the leather varies over time also, after all, animals differ. Possibly this accounts for the difference in suppleness? Since we know these bags are authentic, it's just a matter of us being happy with them. If not, best to send back. I am happy with mine! Just a little guilty to now have three. I toy with the idea of selling the pink patent, but it's my only pink bag, and so pretty in the summer, since it's a muted pink. The python is great with black. All keepers, then!