Gucci Disco Bag Club

Hey guys, sorry if a thread for this topic already exists but I couldn't find one!

I've heard mixed opinions on the Gucci Soho Disco bag being discontinued, some say the design is being discontinued. Others say the classic colours black, beige and red will still be available but no more seasonal colours.

I emailed the Gucci Hong Kong store but they said the bag is no longer available at all Hong Kong Gucci stores?

Does anyone know what is actually going on as I'm dying to get my hands on a black one!

Thanks!!
I've heard that the classic colors will continue to be sold. In fact you can currently preorder either black or red from Saks. You can also find black ones at Neiman Marcus. I'd keep an eye out at Selfridges as well. I saw a black one priced at $755.00 USD about a week ago.

Reactions: lvfanaddict
When I visited the Copenhagen Gucci store about a month ago I was told it will be discontinued. I talked about the situation with the SA and he checked the website, only to be surprised the bag was still available. The bag is still available on the European website for immediate shipping (also in black), and people seem to say it isn't going anywhere so who knows, maybe it's not discontinued anyway? It's confusing :-/
I've heard that the classic colors will continue to be sold. In fact you can currently preorder either black or red from Saks. You can also find black ones at Neiman Marcus. I'd keep an eye out at Selfridges as well. I saw a black one priced at $755.00 USD about a week ago.

Thanks guys, I'm in Australia so Saks doesn't ship the Disco here. Both Neiman Marcus and Selfridges are sold out. I was hoping it would still be available at the boutique in Hong Kong as my friend is currently travelling there. There seems to be a lot of confusion around this topic...

Thanks guys, I'm in Australia so Saks doesn't ship the Disco here. Both Neiman Marcus and Selfridges are sold out. I was hoping it would still be available at the boutique in Hong Kong as my friend is currently travelling there. There seems to be a lot of confusion around this topic...
https://www.gucci.com/au/en_au/pr/w...bags/soho-leather-disco-bag-p-308364A7M0G1000
Still available on the Gucci website for Australia. I know because I had to stop myself from buying the rose beige from there about a week ago haha.

From what I learned, they will continue to produce the classic colors of red, black and beige. The problem is, the Disco is highly sought after and sells out pretty quickly on the non-Gucci.com sites (Saks, NM, Harrods, etc.) so inventory is perpetually low. Once they become available online in those stores they sell out again within 24 hours. However, I went directly to Gucci.com and see that they are still available for purchase? Do they not ship to your location?

While I think the new Marmont camera bag is pretty, I don't see how they would think it should be a direct replacement for the Disco. The aesthetics of the two are completely different (one is dressier, more flashy while the other is versatile for all occasions and more understated), they are different sizes, different materials, etc. The Disco is wildly popular, so on a business level it doesn't make sense to force the Marmont as the replacement. Having it in addition to is great, but a replacement? Me thinks not.

https://www.gucci.com/au/en_au/pr/w...bags/soho-leather-disco-bag-p-308364A7M0G1000
Still available on the Gucci website for Australia. I know because I had to stop myself from buying the rose beige from there about a week ago haha.
From what I learned, they will continue to produce the classic colors of red, black and beige. The problem is, the Disco is highly sought after and sells out pretty quickly on the non-Gucci.com sites (Saks, NM, Harrods, etc.) so inventory is perpetually low. Once they become available online in those stores they sell out again within 24 hours. However, I went directly to Gucci.com and see that they are still available for purchase? Do they not ship to your location?

While I think the new Marmont camera bag is pretty, I don't see how they would think it should be a direct replacement for the Disco. The aesthetics of the two are completely different (one is dressier, more flashy while the other is versatile for all occasions and more understated), they are different sizes, different materials, etc. The Disco is wildly popular, so on a business level it doesn't make sense to force the Marmont as the replacement. Having it in addition to is great, but a replacement? Me thinks not.
Thanks Staxx and Lordguinny, if ordering directly from the Gucci website for Australia, is the item coming from overseas? I want to avoid paying customs and duties tax by buying at the boutique but it looks like online is the only option at the moment unless they are getting more stock in.

I agree, the Marmont while beautiful doesn't make sense as the replacement for the Disco as they are quite different. It wouldn't make business sense for them to discontinue one of their best selling pieces.

Reactions: reginaPhalange
Thanks Staxx and Lordguinny, if ordering directly from the Gucci website for Australia, is the item coming from overseas? I want to avoid paying customs and duties tax by buying at the boutique but it looks like online is the only option at the moment unless they are getting more stock in.

I agree, the Marmont while beautiful doesn't make sense as the replacement for the Disco as they are quite different. It wouldn't make business sense for them to discontinue one of their best selling pieces.

Looks like it's shipped from Australia.

IMG_1487887227.032714.jpg

Looks like I just missed out, Selfridges is no longer showing them available. Do you know how often Selfridges and Harrods has stock? Thanks!

I live in germany and was searching for the pink one and could not find [emoji31][emoji31] they told me the color will not be produced amymore and this bag will be discontinued too [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]
And now i saw that photo with the pink one [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

I've been back and forth on the disco and I ordered it once more to give it another chance. Received from net a porter but the image on their site the strap end is rounded. I can't find any decent pics of just the end of the strap to compare but mine is more square. Is anyone else's square? Have added a pic. Everything else looks fine but I definitely don't want to keep it if it's not authentic.

20170225_105251.jpeg