Going off-roading: CLs in unusual places

Wonderful the way you walked across slippery stepping stones in you SK, hiking or not! A lot people would not do that in sneakers. Shows how confident you are walking in heels. How far did you walk in them that day?

Out and about with my Hiking So Kates™ I happen across this little river and stepping stones. How could I not take a few pics?
View attachment 4814098

And here's something i felt like cooking up since I'm at home so much!
View attachment 4814096

I just love these pics mIella!!!
Its just amazing that can balance in SK's on those wet rocks.
I'd also be worried about losing a shoe and it floating away...:hrmm:

Seine meet So Kate. So Kate meet Seine.

They had a great time together, but only meet at a safe distance mind you!

View attachment 4729482
That is truly masterful!
Walking on that narrow ledge, and then sitting would be by itself an amazing feast.
But then, standing up, on your knees with nylons, even if you took off the heels - would be an acrobatic act. Kudos!

This isn’t me but I saw it while browsing eBay for shoes and was surprised, it’s like they were marketing directly to me!

39ABE74A-9A90-4D81-B4A9-F1E7E2ABD0D7.jpeg

Looking at the picture though something seems off, and I wonder if it’s real pic.

Reactions: XAQUI
Wonderful the way you walked across slippery stepping stones in you SK, hiking or not! A lot people would not do that in sneakers. Shows how confident you are walking in heels. How far did you walk in them that day?

Thanks baldjohn! Had I turned the camera around you'd see the road maybe 1 minute's walk away haha, and I was in my So Kates for about an hour that day only.

I just love these pics mIella!!!
Its just amazing that can balance in SK's on those wet rocks.
I'd also be worried about losing a shoe and it floating away...:hrmm:

Thanks so much again stilly! :heart: I've already had so much fun with this pair of So Kates I wouldn't be too sad to be honest, and I've accepted the fact that I'd probably lose one or the other some day.

The vibram soles worked wonders on those wet rock. They were essential.

That is truly masterful!
Walking on that narrow ledge, and then sitting would be by itself an amazing feast.
But then, standing up, on your knees with nylons, even if you took off the heels - would be an acrobatic act. Kudos!

Thanks foosy that's very kind of you!!

Again so alluring close to the water :cool:
Did your feet stay dry?

They definitely did not stay dry! My feet were a bit soaked afterwards.

Reactions: supercheap454
This isn’t me but I saw it while browsing eBay for shoes and was surprised, it’s like they were marketing directly to me!

View attachment 4816665

Looking at the picture though something seems off, and I wonder if it’s real pic.

Such a great pic!

Do you all actually hike & climb in these amazing heels? Or put them on just for the shot?
I love the way the road was hidden from view!

Do you mind me asking if you wear 4-5" heels most days? Hence an hour in the SK's (even if wet) was no big deal.

I don't wear my CLs every day any more, stilly is totally my hero in this regard. This was the case a couple years ago and I must admit my endurance in So Kates have gone down a little.

For my shots in the past I'd most certainly wear them for 3-4 hours at a time, much of it working but most of the time my off roading are on even ground to be safe, or close to the roads. For example I was really into frozen lakes and rivers and they'd be 5-10 minutes from parking, but I'd be in my So Kates for an hour or two walking/sliding while I take pics until I get ones I like.

The more 'dramatic' shots I have in mind in recent years that requires hours of hiking or some climbing I most definitely don't wear my So Kates the whole time!!

OMG You are amazing....! Can we have a condition update on the So Kates? They seem to be super durable!?

Love that you are getting these shots. Soooo creative. Thank you

Thanks ashline :heart: ! I'll take some pics of the shoes when I next get the chance!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
TBH if I do change shoes I used to think I'm cheating a bit, but I've changed my mind since because I look back and enjoy the pics a lot more than my need to be a 'purist' or something like that. I am hoping by explaining that I don't always walk all the way up a mountain in So Kates that I am not misleading people!!!