Going off-roading: CLs in unusual places

Finally got around to taking pics of the So Kates in detail. I certainly won’t be wearing them to a gala or function! A night out in a very dark place maybe.

The heels and one toe area are quite banged up with lots of scrapped off leather, but all in all she’s a toughie given what I’ve put her through. The vibrams also held up very well. These are my very first pair of CLs so they have a special place in my heart! I wish it were easier to repair patent leather.

View attachment 4834468View attachment 4834469View attachment 4834473
View attachment 4834465View attachment 4834467

Wow I imagined the various off-road terrains would take their toll. I've done similar heel damage though just in everyday use from sidewalk cracks, escalators, storm grates, etc. The toe damage is really bad though. I'm not sure that repairable. The goods news however is prices of gently used So Kates continues to fall so you should be able to find a replacement pair at a reasonable price.

Reactions: mIella
Wow I imagined the various off-road terrains would take their toll. I've done similar heel damage though just in everyday use from sidewalk cracks, escalators, storm grates, etc. The toe damage is really bad though. I'm not sure that repairable. The goods news however is prices of gently used So Kates continues to fall so you should be able to find a replacement pair at a reasonable price.
That's a great idea stilly! At the beginning of the pandemic it seems like people were selling a lot cheaper than they are now, that said I can still find lightly used So Kates in the $400 range which isn't bad.

mIella,
I found a better real life photo of the Bruges, modeled by my wife. These are around 100mm sinking into the carpet, but I believe they were made higher. Perhaps you could find a pair for your next visit!

View attachment 4861805
They look like simple pumps with a platform. Will see if I find some nice ones on consignment! Sadly not likely to be back in Bruges for a while

Reactions: avcbob
Forgot I had also took some videos from the air. Here are some snaps … the vibram soles were essential for running in the snow!

View attachment 4871646View attachment 4871651View attachment 4871652
It was slippery! But my Snow Kates and I managed to very carefully glide to that spot. This was also from a while ago

View attachment 4871511
Wow. Your LBD and black patent SKs...perfect, classic, impressive, especially in the snow!