****Givenchy Care Thread****

randr21, yeah I was curious and looked all over but couldn't find a mention of mink oil. Maybe it's kinda old fashioned. lol.

So far, it looks fine on the antigona, I guess the slight sheen is desired and it looks good. On my worn out pandora it's definitely shown a difference. I rubbed some on one panel, because of the uneven leather, the application is not very even, kinda grainy, (i put mink oil on one panel of the bag) But there is a definite shine. I guess if i want a different look I will rub it all over. The moroccan blue is seriously yellowing on the top and I don't really like that. :sad:

Anyone has any ideas about the moroccan blue yellowing? It actually looks worn out.. after only a 16 months..

So now I guess I just wanna figure out the long term effects of mink oil and what its made of? minks?? lol

how did the bag turn out - are the wrinkles gone?

Hello! My antigona has creases on the side where the bag fans out as well and some small ones that seem to be from the leather getting worn (mainly around the fanned out area - which may be due to the shape of the bag?). I'm not sure if your bag has a shinier appearance than mine, but I can't really notice the creases unless I am looking at it up close so they don't particularly bother me because to others it's not noticeable. Both I and it's previous owner have stuffed the bag to the max whenever it was not being used, so I think this will just naturally happen with wear and use. I haven't tried contacting Givenchy, but would be interested to hear if you get a response. I haven't tried conditioning my bag either because I don't know if it will make the leather softer and thus more prone to creases. I feel like the leather is pretty sturdy still and this is my first Givenchy bag so I am always very hesitant for treating it with things in case something goes wrong.

Please keep us updated on whether you get any help! Also, if anyone else can comment about conditioning their bag that would appreciated (please note the type of leather of your bag)!

I have the same problem. Mine is the shiny version, and the crease is so bad, over time it becomes worse like a huge dent. I haven't contacted any Givenchy stores though, Bought it online from farfetch Degli Effetti Boutique in rome in Dec. Now it's all beaten up with normal wear.

Help!

I have the same problem. Mine is the shiny version, and the crease is so bad, over time it becomes worse like a huge dent. I haven't contacted any Givenchy stores though, Bought it online from farfetch Degli Effetti Boutique in rome in Dec. Now it's all beaten up with normal wear.

Help!

This is the reason why I wasn't a big fan of the shiny version whenever ppl asked for opinions btwn it and the matte one. Unfortunately, with how structured the bag is, normal wear will cause wrinkles and the shiny smooth leather will exacerbate that wrinkled look no matter what. you may want to condition your bag often and stuff it with tissue paper whenever you're not using it so that it'll keep the shape while the conitioner is slowly drying off.

Help!

I've just been stuffing mine really well - but I'm constantly afraid that it will stretch out. I don't have shiny leather but mine is definitely very supple... great if you want a broken in/balenciaga like bag, but I really wanted a VERY structured one :tdown:

Hi, I have a 3 inch scratch on the bottom of my red goatskin antigona. Any recommendations? I am thinking about spraying it with collonil waterstop and leather gel afterwards. I appreciate any assistance and hope to hear from you guys soon!

How to Extend The Life of Your Leather With These Quick And Easy Tips

http://www.whowhatwear.com/extend-the-life-of-your-leather-with-these-quick-and-easy-tips?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Style+Stalker%3A+Angela+Scanlon

Monday, April, 08, 2013
Of all the items in our closet, you probably rely the most on your leather essentials (everything from jackets and skirts to bags and boots). Accordingly, we have a hunch you also might be interested in extending the life of these investment pieces. Happily, with the right products on hand, you can do it right at home without breaking the bank. All you need is the help of expert cobbler and owner of one of the most trusted and brand-approved leather cleaners in Los Angeles, Pasquale Fabrizio of Pasquale Shoe Repair. Keep reading for his foolproof tips and tricks for protecting, cleaning, and storing leather.

Protection
Before you take your new leather boots or jacket out for a spin, apply a protectant to shield the fabric from possible dirt stains. “Meltonian Water and Stain Protector ($5) works to prevent stains from actually penetrating the fabric, so they’re easier to lift out,” Fabrizio says.
1. Run A Test
Though protectors work on all leather, discoloration can occur, so Fabrizio suggests testing a small amount on the inside lining of clothing and bags.
2. Apply The Protector
If it passes the test, simply use a damp rag and apply the formula to the entire surface, then let it sit for a couple of minutes before wiping off.
Cleaning and Conditioning
​Leather can withstand a ton of wear, but as we’ve learned the hard way, the sturdy fabric isn’t stain-resistant. Fabrizio recommends two products to help get rid of dirt spots and maintain the quality of the leather.
1. All-In-One Cleaner
​According to Fabrizio, Meltonian’s All-Purpose Cleaner and Conditioner ($4) is one of the best cleaners, as it helps get rid of grime and restores the leather’s softness. Test before using and apply to the entire surface with a damp rag.
2. Mild Detergent
“Woolite Everyday Laundry Detergent ($8) helps lighten dirt sports and breaks down surface stains,” Fabrizio says. Using a damp rag, rub the detergent onto the spot--not the entire surface--and wait a few minutes before wiping clean.
Storage
Believe it or not, your leather goods can get damaged while sitting in the closet, so keep these next two tips in mind before storing away your favorite pieces for the season.
1. Condition
Fabrizio advises his clients to massage Meltonian’s Delicate Cream ($3) into the leather, which helps to condition and soften the fabric. (Note: the leather will darken at first, but returns to its natural color after a few minutes.)
2. Use Cloth Bags
​Repeat after us: never use plastic bags when storing leather! “Plastic bags cause the leather to dry up quicker,” Fabrizio says. He suggests using cloth bags instead. Patent leather shoes should be stored individually, meaning one shoe per bag, to avoid prints or other leather goods from transferring underneath the surface.