****Givenchy Care Thread****

I think if you pre-treat, you should be able to ward off some splashes of rain, but not a downpour or consistent moisture. and the pattern should definitely help too.

Hi, what do you recommend for pre-treat for this material? Thank you :smile:

i personally dont pre-treat, but if you do a search within the givenchy forum, you should be able to find some great suggestions. i think there's also a stickie for "caring for you givenchy"

i personally dont pre-treat, but if you do a search within the givenchy forum, you should be able to find some great suggestions. i think there's also a stickie for "caring for you givenchy"

Thank you randr21! I havent treat any of my bag yet. I have a BV too and ppl on this forum suggest no treatment is the best so i am still debating :biggrin:

Now i am on the ban island and save up for a Phantom :P

Thank you randr21! I havent treat any of my bag yet. I have a BV too and ppl on this forum suggest no treatment is the best so i am still debating :biggrin:

Now i am on the ban island and save up for a Phantom :P

that's what i kind of love about givenchy bags that are of the darker tones or those that are naturally variated in the leather...you dont have to baby it and it still does a great job of holding up and looking fresh.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with my givenchy antigona medium bag. The colors of my bag are cream with black piping and handles and I was worried about color transfer and water spots from the rain (live in the UK hence hesitation). So, bag_wifey suggested that I try Collonil waterspot spray. I bought the can and it was very easy to use. The can says that it "protects all smooth leather, suede and nubuck and high-tech materials." Exact directions are as follow (as directed by can):

Spray evenly several times and let dry. Afterwards polish smooth leather if necessary. Regular use optimizes the protection.

I did 2-3 semi heavy layers on the bag... giving a break in between each one so it could dry a bit. You don't want it to look "wet" from the spray, but if this does happen just use a dry cloth and even the liquid out on the bag. The spray dried quickly and did not change the color or texture of the leather at all. I did go a bit heavy on the handles which made them look shinier than I remember (could be all in my head) so I used a dry cloth to just buff it a bit. This took away some of the shiniest and also a the tackiness left from too much spraying. I personally don't mind the tackiness or shine that the spray gave because to me making the bag water resistant is more important. Plus, as I've read online, it does gradually go away with use. Different TPFers suggest recoating your items at varying lengths of time - some did every week, others do every 2-3 months. I think I am planning to do every 1-2 months depending on how much I use the bag and how crappy the weather is here.

I used the spray on all my leather and suede boots and also my Phillip Lim and balenciaga bags as well and think it worked great. Again, no change in color or texture.

I have not tried moisturizing the leather - don't really feel that it needs to be done as the leather seems very resistant but am going to try today the Collonil Gold Premium Leather Polish on my balenciaga. This polish has been reviewed throughout the thread and I hope it does the trick. It also is water resistant which is a plus!

I bought a 200ml can first and used it in a day, so I already bought a 400ml for the next applications as I think you can't go wrong with this product. I purchased from amazon.co.uk but here is their website as well which gives some extra tips: http://www.collonil.co.uk/collonil/aerosols/collonil-waterstop-spray

Hope that helps! Any questions feel free to ask and I'll be happy to help.

Reactions: Stormy C
Hi, I have a question about treatment of my Givenchy Antigona.

I have a the medium antigona in all black leather. Bought about 2 years ago and shows normal wear on the sides where the bag fans out (which I understand.) However, recently, I've noticed a large crease running veritcally on the front of my bag, about 2 inches long.

I tried stuffing the bag to help it shape again but that didn't work and the leather feels very soft where the crease is.

Does anyone have any tips as to how I should fix this/how I could treat the leather? The crease is very unattractive.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

orangemoonbeam said:

I have a the medium antigona in all black leather. Bought about 2 years ago and shows normal wear on the sides where the bag fans out (which I understand.) However, recently, I've noticed a large crease running veritcally on the front of my bag, about 2 inches long.

I tried stuffing the bag to help it shape again but that didn't work and the leather feels very soft where the crease is.

Does anyone have any tips as to how I should fix this/how I could treat the leather? The crease is very unattractive.

I tried contacting Givenchy and they are of no help! All I can suggest is a good leather conditioner and keep stuffing it!

Hello! My antigona has creases on the side where the bag fans out as well and some small ones that seem to be from the leather getting worn (mainly around the fanned out area - which may be due to the shape of the bag?). I'm not sure if your bag has a shinier appearance than mine, but I can't really notice the creases unless I am looking at it up close so they don't particularly bother me because to others it's not noticeable. Both I and it's previous owner have stuffed the bag to the max whenever it was not being used, so I think this will just naturally happen with wear and use. I haven't tried contacting Givenchy, but would be interested to hear if you get a response. I haven't tried conditioning my bag either because I don't know if it will make the leather softer and thus more prone to creases. I feel like the leather is pretty sturdy still and this is my first Givenchy bag so I am always very hesitant for treating it with things in case something goes wrong.

Please keep us updated on whether you get any help! Also, if anyone else can comment about conditioning their bag that would appreciated (please note the type of leather of your bag)!

i've never seen any creases down the middle of my antigonas. are you using it a particular way, or folded it by accident? mine have held their original shape with some regular wear/tear and it still looks great imo.

I haven't folded it in any way, nor have I even stored it. I've been using it every day since I bought it and I honestly have no idea why the bag has the crease down the middle. Its front and center in the bag and very noticable because of the way it falls when it's not completely stuffed.

Beautiful purse.
Just a thought - the stain is not fresh anymore to be absorbed with anything. Do you know what type of liquid was creating the stain ? Few years ago I was able to extract a water based stain from leather material with soaking the leather ( water and soap) and than using a vacuum I removed all the liquid. That was take me a good one day - I was repeating the action for several times. It worked pretty good.
In case you want to condition the leather to darken the stain than you must go from inside out ( same as the stain ). This procedure will blend in the stain.

This leather is sooo delicate that Im scared to do anything to it. I didnt even want to condition it because I did it to my PS1 and it completely destroyed it! So you are saying that I need to condition the inside of the bag???
Thanks!!!

Hey guys, here are a few pictures of my crease. I left it stuffed for the past week or so and it's gotten a tad bit better. However if anyone has any info on conditioning the leather, that would be great. I'm too scared to treat this going in blind :x

Attachments

• givenchy1.jpg
    givenchy1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 5,858
  • givenchy2.jpg
    givenchy2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 6,020
  • givenchy3.jpg
    givenchy3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 5,371
  • givenchy4.jpg
    givenchy4.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 5,290
orangemoonbeam said:
Hey guys, here are a few pictures of my crease. I left it stuffed for the past week or so and it's gotten a tad bit better. However if anyone has any info on conditioning the leather, that would be great. I'm too scared to treat this going in blind :x

Are you talking about the bump or the crease? The crease should go away if you stuff it real well! The bump I'm not sure! Your leather looks real delicate like mine, mine is calfskin. I'm afraid to condition mine so I would try to go to a cobbler and get their opinion!

Are you talking about the bump or the crease? The crease should go away if you stuff it real well! The bump I'm not sure! Your leather looks real delicate like mine, mine is calfskin. I'm afraid to condition mine so I would try to go to a cobbler and get their opinion!

Yeah the crease is starting to go away. I'm going to go ahead and keep it stuffed for a few weeks and see if that helps at all! I'm more worried about the bump though, the leather feels really loose there and like you, I'm also too scared to condition haha.

I'll try going to a cobbler as well, let me know if you get any new tips :smile:

orangemoonbeam said:
Yeah the crease is starting to go away. I'm going to go ahead and keep it stuffed for a few weeks and see if that helps at all! I'm more worried about the bump though, the leather feels really loose there and like you, I'm also too scared to condition haha.

I'll try going to a cobbler as well, let me know if you get any new tips :smile:

I stuff all my leather bags, I wouldn't just stuff it for a few weeks, I would stuff it for the life of the bag, that way the crease doesn't become permanent! Your crease hasn't affected the leather, like that crinkle look! :smile: