giant hardware: yay or nay?

I have to admit when I first saw the GH Bbags, I really didn't like obvious bling factor. But I find that on certain colors, it actually does look really nice. I have one GH bag (truffle GH part-time) and I think that bag is really gorgeous!

I personally prefer the RH. I tend to favor the more casual look and I think the GH can overwhelm some of the bags, particularly the smaller ones. However sometimes I can see other people carry bags with GH and on them they can look fabulous. It's just too much metal for me :shrugs:

I usd to think its tacky .. my friend "Chloe" and I used to argue about this all the time! haha .. she loved them on first sight!! .. later on I started seeing the light .. that shined off that GH :P .. although I did own a GGH at one poin but I never had that IN LOVE feeling .. I am more into the SGH .. and of course RH is always and forever my love .. you will neer know till you try it ladies!!

I LOVE RH:

RH is Classic Balenciaga.
It doesn't try too hard. It doesn't have to--it's sexy and sophisticated without saying a word.

RH is like a femme fatale with brains; a rock star with a PhD.
RH is a Supermodel whose tassels are the unkempt bed-head that she is famous for.

She is the muse of fashionistas.
She is the centerfold that inspires lust.

The purse equivalent of a Mazzy Star song.

Chic is in her genes.

She is the mystery that you want to know.

I LOVE RH:

It doesn't try too hard. It doesn't have to--it's sexy and sophisticated without saying a word.

RH is a Supermodel whose tassels are the unkempt bed-head that she is famous for.

Chic is in her genes.

FYI--Yes, I know that I'm a dork:P

I LOVE RH:

Chic is in her genes.

^^Aww, this is sweet! I love it!

I would agree - I think one of the wonderful thing about Balenciaga bags is that they're understated - and also that they're light as a feather. The GH ruins both of these things for me. It's just too much. I've seen other girls rock it and more power to 'em. But it's just not my style. I'm more of a classic Balenciaga girl.

I LOVE RH:

Chic is in her genes.

Exactly!!! :tup: You've expressed it beautifully and poetically.

It's just not me. I like it sometimes in some of the pictures I see (not always, sometimes it's just a bit much), and I tried the NM anniversary bag thinking I'd find the gunmetal color less obtrusive, but I just can't get into it for myself.