giant hardware: yay or nay?

I agree with Neptune. I have a brief with gold giant hardware. Aside from being too loud for my taste, it is so heavy! You might want to carry it first before buying because when you put stuff in your bag, it really really is heavy.

I prefer GH on neutral colors like black, and RH on bright colors like French Blue. I want the bright color of the leather to stand out, not the hardware. On a neutral, I feel like the GH highlights the leather. Does that makes sense?

I hated the GH when it debuted, but now I am loving the SGH, so much so that I'm getting a couple of 08 bags in SGH, and purchased a 07 black city with SGH too! I think the silver adds abit of rock chick look to the black, and can't wait till I get it!

I agree with previous posters that GH can look stunning on some colors, and a bit 'blah' in others.

I'm on the fence. I have two RH bags, both of which I love, though I have been taken by photos of some tPF members' GH bags. I think it totally just depends on the combination of the bag style, hardware color, and leather color.

Nay. When it first came out 99% were appalled and said NO WAY. Many on here have grown to love it. I have sent everyone of them back so far. I think it's a huge waste of money, makes the bags heavy(defeats the purpose of one of the main reasons I love the bags) and I think the hardware will eventually chip or tarnish, that remains to be seen.
I love my tassels. I don't love the GH. I'm going to get one bag with GSH. That it. One and only one. I'm patiently waiting for the regular pewter to me made again. I think that they will, the question is when? :confused1:

Definitely yay, I think GH esp. gold, brings out the color and makes it more bold and noticeable. I only liked silver GH on one color, I think it was either sandstone or natural, it brought out the grey undertones in the leather and looked quite good. I never noticed bbags before GH came out.

Yay for me !

My personal style is pretty bold and I wear obnoxiously big jewelry (especially rings) so the GH is what made me want a Bbag and I cant wait to get my PT/city/brief/work next week :yahoo:!!! (not all of them I just can't decide until I try them all on in person :drool:)