Gene Simmons Family Jewels

I was never a fan of Kiss, but I do like Family Jewels. I like the way the family relates to each other. All the people around Gene seem to be 'yes men', so it's nice to see kids and Shannon stand up to him - and Shannon's sister, she tells it like it is.

I've really enjoyed the new season - Gene seems more human and real in it. The episode where they (Gene and Shannon) were at Fort Hood was great. Gene was really moved by the soldiers and their stories.

Yes, this show is so fake. The "therapist" Gene is supposed to be seeing and talking to as things happen is wearing the same clothing and so is Gene. Obviously they filmed the therapist Gene scene once and after everything happened. So much for him really going to therapy.

Nick the son is a hottie. :graucho:

I agree that they set up situations for the show, but I think their interactions with each other and others are genuine.

And I have a crush on Nick. He's adorable, and I love his sense of humor.

I still think this season is a set-up for Gene to be able to tone down the "rock god" image. He is 60+ and is probably tired of having to play the part.

I think you are right. He ought to just marry Shannon. For being 60+ he sure has a lot of options...must be that super attractive bank account.

I still think this season is a set-up for Gene to be able to tone down the "rock god" image. He is 60+ and is probably tired of having to play the part.

I agree. He has to go down fighting, since he said a million times that he would never marry. So he doesn't want to look like a fool when he does.

He has a great family though - they really like each other.

I agree. He has to go down fighting, since he said a million times that he would never marry. So he doesn't want to look like a fool when he does.

He has a great family though - they really like each other.

Agreed. I admire them as a family. You can tell by how their kids behave that they've (maybe mostly Shannon) done a great job. And yes, I know the show is staged, but the way they treat each other and others is genuine.

Shannon was pissed this last time because they planned a family dinner and he blew it off to go to a business meeting which he brought a couple bimbos to and was photographed leaving with those bimbos. She was not happy, neither were his kids, that that took precedence over them.

Agreed. I admire them as a family. You can tell by how their kids behave that they've (maybe mostly Shannon) done a great job. And yes, I know the show is staged, but the way they treat each other and others is genuine.

That's what I've always taken from this show, no matter what goes on (real or faked for the show) this family truly loves each other. :heart:

Does anyone remember when they both took lie detector tests? Gene was asked if he ever cheated on Shannon, he said no and was being truthful. The guy then asked Shannon if she would be with Gene if he wasn't rich and famous, she said no and she was being truthful. That had to hurt, but I'm sure he has known all along.

Does anyone remember when they both took lie detector tests? Gene was asked if he ever cheated on Shannon, he said no and was being truthful. The guy then asked Shannon if she would be with Gene if he wasn't rich and famous, she said no and she was being truthful. That had to hurt, but I'm sure he has known all along.

I know people who have (ewww) slept with Gene in the past 10 years.. so he totally cheats on her.. and flirts with every other female around.