Friends Chat Thread: Wardrobe, Fun, and Whatever

You look amazing! What are these fabulous pieces?
Thank you!
Um, jackpot brand (it's like a department store brand in this country, just woven cotton and lined) print dress I found at the thrift store. Love that it has deep pockets!
Me&i brand navy stretch trench with one button and tie not seen.
Local jewelry maker did the necklace and swarovski explosion all over my wrists.

Cordie, hope your recovery is going well!
Cafecreme, good luck to you on your trip.
I’m hiding from the summer heat in Marbella, Spain and just came to London for a day to pick up my daughter who just returned from a camp outside New York.
She said, a girl from Paris received some award there for travelling the furthest to the camp. When my daughter mentioned that she came from Dubai which is even further, somebody said that North Dakota is not further than Paris :smile:)
My poor girl tried to explain where Dubai is. Near Saudi Arabia - no, they don’t understand. Middle East? No idea. Ok, Iraq? That sounds familiar, but no. In the end, she gave up and said she was from Africa. :smile::smile:

That's appalling

They need some geography lessons. Even free online games

https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/world

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa
DH plays it to combat insomnia,
I am such a geography ignoramus that playing it would keep me awake.

DH and I went to the Hollywood Bowl last night and were treated to Itzhak Perlman playing a Mendelssohn violin concerto. Beethoven’s Sixth in the second half. It was absolutely sold out. In all these years I don’t think I have ever seen so many people there. This was our second to last concert in our series for the summer. Sad to see it end. Nothing like wine and a picnic paired with beautiful music under the stars.

Hi,
I am looking for a new coat for the upcoming fall/winter and I was able to try this Maxmara coat in the store
upload_2018-8-22_9-28-41.png

The fit/color is perfect and I absolutely loved it. However I see lot of Maxmara coats go on sale every season and I am usually size 2 in their coats and they sell out pretty fast. Should I wait for the sale or get it now? How do you all decide if you want to buy something full prize or wait for sale? Thanks!

I am such a geography ignoramus that playing it would keep me awake.

DH and I went to the Hollywood Bowl last night and were treated to Itzhak Perlman playing a Mendelssohn violin concerto. Beethoven’s Sixth in the second half. It was absolutely sold out. In all these years I don’t think I have ever seen so many people there. This was our second to last concert in our series for the summer. Sad to see it end. Nothing like wine and a picnic paired with beautiful music under the stars.

I saw him play at the Barbican (London)!

Not surprised it was sold out, he's truly AMAZING

Hi,
I am looking for a new coat for the upcoming fall/winter and I was able to try this Maxmara coat in the store
View attachment 4170623

The fit/color is perfect and I absolutely loved it. However I see lot of Maxmara coats go on sale every season and I am usually size 2 in their coats and they sell out pretty fast. Should I wait for the sale or get it now? How do you all decide if you want to buy something full prize or wait for sale? Thanks!

I'm not going to tell you what to do in this case.

But my usual MO to do with coats is as follows:

If it's perfect, unusual, something I don't really have or have always wanted and I know it's sought after I'll just buy it.

If it's a style that 'everyone' seems to be doing this year or basically a classic I'll wait for the sales.

If it's over £2K I'll wait (unless it's a furs, double-faced cashmere, vicuna precious skins) but I have lots of coats already, if you need a coat it may as well be the right one.

The more expensive something is the more you save when on sale, however, at a certain level the less of them there are made too. The perfect coat is worth splashing out on IMO because like a bag it's the way we present ourselves to the world and for me my 'armour'.

Last edited:
Hi,
View attachment 4170623

It’s a classic they do every year. However when I find something in a color I love and the fit is perfect (super important) I don’t wait and I pay full price. Plus you will have more wears out of it. If you wait for the sale it could be at the end of winter.