Friends Chat Thread: Wardrobe, Fun, and Whatever

@cafecreme15 and @ColdSteel You are both right - my heart belongs to the 2+ seasons ago blue. Which was still available in my local stores right up to the shutdown. But I hesitated to pull the trigger and now I don’t want to, depending on the price increase.
Here’s a pic off the internet of the blue - much more vibrant IRL 9BA52DFB-B02C-433E-9D25-1A90BD97BEAA.png

And here’s the dress - this was too small - now if I can only remember what size it was, and how much to size up.
8C1C86CF-7D01-4416-ABD9-7995707E8504.jpeg

I cycle (pretty rapidly) through phases of wanting to just buy from frustration, especially with pending increases, to wanting to conserve cash. I console myself that there will be other WOC colours in upcoming seasons that will make my heart sing. Plus theres a very Very very slim chance that I was hoping to get something from H soon, that would eat up my budget. I’ve met quota but am in a very competitive sellers market.

I will not be traveling internationally for the next 10-12 anyway. And possibly only resort in late winter. Not just because of safety concerns but also I will have my nose to the grindstone once we reopen.

CC, how are you handling your wedding plans?

@cafecreme15 and @ColdSteel You are both right - my heart belongs to the 2+ seasons ago blue. Which was still available in my local stores right up to the shutdown. But I hesitated to pull the trigger and now I don’t want to, depending on the price increase.
Here’s a pic off the internet of the blue - much more vibrant IRL View attachment 4733599

And here’s the dress - this was too small - now if I can only remember what size it was, and how much to size up.
View attachment 4733592

I cycle (pretty rapidly) through phases of wanting to just buy from frustration, especially with pending increases, to wanting to conserve cash. I console myself that there will be other WOC colours in upcoming seasons that will make my heart sing. Plus theres a very Very very slim chance that I was hoping to get something from H soon, that would eat up my budget. I’ve met quota but am in a very competitive sellers market.

I will not be traveling internationally for the next 10-12 anyway. And possibly only resort in late winter. Not just because of safety concerns but also I will have my nose to the grindstone once we reopen.

CC, how are you handling your wedding plans?
Totally agree with you on the pendulum swinging back and forth between wanting to hoard cash and do some serious revenge shopping! Emotions are generally all over the map right now. But I know the smart thing to do is just sit tight.

Unfortunately I had to reschedule my wedding for summer of next year. Very disappointing since I’ve already been engaged for nearly 2 years and we’ve been together for over 10, but it was the only thing to do. I just hope the world is in a much better place by summer 2021!

Hey everyone! Hope this finds y’all well ♥️. I recently purchased the GUCCI GG Mens Ace Hightop sneakers. I love them because of how universal they are (can be worn with pants or shorts). My question is, what do y’all recommend to wear with these shoes? I wanna keep is casual as they are casual shoes but maybe I can dress them up? I attached pictures for reference. Also, does anyone have any recommendations to clean the rubber sole, particularly the bottoms? Thanks

Attachments

• 7C044E65-BF3A-4400-87E7-0DD26C056133.png
    7C044E65-BF3A-4400-87E7-0DD26C056133.png
    533.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 02C08479-BF85-4606-8770-22975330C6D7.jpeg
    02C08479-BF85-4606-8770-22975330C6D7.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey everyone! Hope this finds y’all well ♥. I recently purchased the GUCCI GG Mens Ace Hightop sneakers. I love them because of how universal they are (can be worn with pants or shorts). My question is, what do y’all recommend to wear with these shoes? I wanna keep is casual as they are casual shoes but maybe I can dress them up? I attached pictures for reference. Also, does anyone have any recommendations to clean the rubber sole, particularly the bottoms? Thanks

Calling the expert dresser @averagejoe :cool:

Totally agree with you on the pendulum swinging back and forth between wanting to hoard cash and do some serious revenge shopping! Emotions are generally all over the map right now. But I know the smart thing to do is just sit tight.

Unfortunately I had to reschedule my wedding for summer of next year. Very disappointing since I’ve already been engaged for nearly 2 years and we’ve been together for over 10, but it was the only thing to do. I just hope the world is in a much better place by summer 2021!
Oh gosh, I missed this post. Looking back now - in almost mid-July, I think how naive we were, just back in March/April and even May, thinking we’d be picking things up by June. Next June makes much more sense now.

Some places in my area have opened up, but we are proceeding cautiously. What’s it like in your area? Any plans for Local getaways?

Oh gosh, I missed this post. Looking back now - in almost mid-July, I think how naive we were, just back in March/April and even May, thinking we’d be picking things up by June. Next June makes much more sense now.

Some places in my area have opened up, but we are proceeding cautiously. What’s it like in your area? Any plans for Local getaways?
I am by nature a pessimist so when I was saying to all my friends back in March that there was no way my June wedding was happening they all said no, come on, things will be totally normal by then! These days unfortunately being a pessimist seems to align pretty closely with being a realist, so I have backup plans A and B for if/when my wedding next summer can't proceed, either. Thankfully things in my area are pretty good, also proceeding cautiously, though I can't say the same for a lot of other parts of this country so I worry it's only a matter of time until things get bad again. We were thinking of going to visit some friends in Maryland in August but we shall see. I'm invited to a wedding in New England at the end of August that would have made for a nice getaway, but I am not comfortable attending a 100 person wedding, even if it is outside. In fact I think it's rather selfish of the bride and groom to put people in the position of having to make that decision.

But enough of my negativity! Do you have any plans for a getaway Genie, any anyone else here? I admit I am quite jealous when I see my friends in Europe able to vacation and move about freely again!

Reactions: scarf1
I am by nature a pessimist so when I was saying to all my friends back in March that there was no way my June wedding was happening they all said no, come on, things will be totally normal by then! These days unfortunately being a pessimist seems to align pretty closely with being a realist, so I have backup plans A and B for if/when my wedding next summer can't proceed, either. Thankfully things in my area are pretty good, also proceeding cautiously, though I can't say the same for a lot of other parts of this country so I worry it's only a matter of time until things get bad again. We were thinking of going to visit some friends in Maryland in August but we shall see. I'm invited to a wedding in New England at the end of August that would have made for a nice getaway, but I am not comfortable attending a 100 person wedding, even if it is outside. In fact I think it's rather selfish of the bride and groom to put people in the position of having to make that decision.

But enough of my negativity! Do you have any plans for a getaway Genie, any anyone else here? I admit I am quite jealous when I see my friends in Europe able to vacation and move about freely again!
I hear you about wallowing in the negativity. I am all over the place myself. Relieved that businesses and universities are reopening, with safety protocols in place, but also not so eager to go out and shop/dine etc. With some anxiety about possible downturn in fall.

I’ve been swamped at work with covid-relalated projects, but I did take a day off yesterday to go to my local “beach” - a man-made patch of sand on a pier by the lake. I may be able to take another one next week if I’m lucky.

And hopefully in mid-August I will tag along with my brother and his family to a lakeside cottage for a long weekend. Fingers crossed as I desperately need a break.

I don’t think I will be going away anywhere else, even if I want to. Maybe a day trip or spa day will have to suffice until we feel confident traveling in public transport again.

Yes, even outdoors, a large gathering is a risk that needs to be evaluated individually. The outdoor wedding sounds lovely but August is still so up in the air in terms of cases.

I’ve been stuck in the city, with no balcony, so that would weigh my desire to go. Heck, I had to stay over st my brother’s place (suburbs) for a couple of nights last month for a project and I considered that a getaway.

I hear you about wallowing in the negativity. I am all over the place myself. Relieved that businesses and universities are reopening, with safety protocols in place, but also not so eager to go out and shop/dine etc. With some anxiety about possible downturn in fall.

I’ve been swamped at work with covid-relalated projects, but I did take a day off yesterday to go to my local “beach” - a man-made patch of sand on a pier by the lake. I may be able to take another one next week if I’m lucky.

And hopefully in mid-August I will tag along with my brother and his family to a lakeside cottage for a long weekend. Fingers crossed as I desperately need a break.

I don’t think I will be going away anywhere else, even if I want to. Maybe a day trip or spa day will have to suffice until we feel confident traveling in public transport again.

Yes, even outdoors, a large gathering is a risk that needs to be evaluated individually. The outdoor wedding sounds lovely but August is still so up in the air in terms of cases.

I’ve been stuck in the city, with no balcony, so that would weigh my desire to go. Heck, I had to stay over st my brother’s place (suburbs) for a couple of nights last month for a project and I considered that a getaway.
Those all sound like nice little "getaways"! I've also been stuck in a city with no private outdoor space, so I feel your pain! Plus with no car it's very hard to go anywhere that's not in walking distance...

Hi! Who can say anything about this thing? Coat of arms of Prince Charles, year of issue 2005.

Attachments

• cccccc.jpg
    cccccc.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 4
  • ccccc.jpg
    ccccc.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 4
  • cccc.jpg
    cccc.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 4
  • ccc.jpg
    ccc.jpg