Fragrances

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
Do you wear perfume? If so, what do you like? Do you have a "signature" scent?

I tend to switch around. Right now I'm into Marc Jacobs, has a nice gardenia note, floral but not cloying. Also like Pink Mat (by designer Matsushima). I checked out the new Sarah Jessica Parker fragrance and was so disappointed...it was awful! I haven't found my "signature" fragrance yet, always something new and fun to try!

i love Chanel N. 5 Elixir Sensuel (i believe that's how it's spelled). i love it so much because it's like Chanel N. 5 but with an extra note that makes it so much better, IMO. plus, since it's oil-based, it's lasts a million times longer and stays truer to scent than water-based perfumes.

It's a toss up between -

Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue (love it!)
Clinique Happy
Ralph by Ralph Lauren

I think the fact that I vary on scents reflects my personality.. I'm kind of a chameleon. :embarasse

i love Light Blue, but Clinique Happy is too citrusy for me - the smell of citrus fruit makes me kinda nauseous, i'm not sure why.

I love "Un Zest de Rose" (Parfum des Rosine) It's a combinaton of roses and citrus. Also, "Olene" by diptyque and sometimes Child - Jo Malone makes some nice fragrances for a change off - I am a bit of a perfume person but really prefer only French.

My signature scent was D&G Light Blue before everyone got into that scent too. Now I wear Gucci Pink. I get the most compliments when I wear Gucci Pink! :biggrin:

I never wear perfume. Smells 'get' to me. I like to sniff the bottles in the stores but I never put it on. As a kid, my mother had to keep her perfume in the kitchen. She'd stop by my bedroom before leaving for work to give me a kiss, THEN she'd put on her perfume and walk out the door. I didn't want that kiss if she was already fragranced!

I'm afraid that my daughter (age 5) is going to like perfumes. Yesterday, I let her spritz something in a store on a tester strip. The largely missed the strip and spritzed my hand! I had to find a bathroom pronto to wash up.

Ginger - I'm a fellow L'Artisan fan! My favorite scent is L'Artisan's "Tea for Two"...reminds me of warm, vanilla chai. I always get compliments for wearing it. I recently purchased the Vanilla scent, and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed with it. It might just be that I have been so used wearing "Tea for Two". It's getting harder to find now, and I've stockpiled bottles of it. During the warmer months, I also wear "L'au Par Kenzo" and Fresh's "Sugar Blossom".

i switch between Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Clinique's Happy Heart, and Britney Spears' Curious. I'm not too fond of her but I just love the scent of her perfume!