Fragrances

Ginger said:
I enjoy L'Artisan Vanilla...it's woody and smoldering with none of the food smell of most vanilla fragrances. In the evening I use Obsession.
SuLi a friend of mine felt the same way that you do about L'Artisan Vanilla...I absolutely love it. Will try the Tea for Two.

Ginger - let me know when you do. It's absolutely lovely. I had a bit of a scare last year when I found out that they weren't exporting "Tea for Two" to the States any longer. I went to a local shop called Blue Mercury and literally stockpiled what they had left (which sadly, was 2 bottles). However, I've found a few places that still carries it online, and I just found out there is a L'Artisan store in NYC. I need to call and check with them to see if they have it, but from the website, it looks like they might.

I usually wear Shiseido Relaxing Fragrance and Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain in summer, Cacharel Pour l'Homme (ok, it's a men's perfume, but I love it so much because it smells of incense) and L'Instant de Guerlain in winter.

Where do those of you who prefer the French perfumes buy them? Are they available in the more upscale department stores or do you have to find a perfumier?

USCgerl said:
I used to use Prescriptives Calyx, but I don't really use perfume anymore. I did smell some of the Philosophy ones and liked a few. They were very light which I like.

Oh I like Calyx, used to wear it years ago. Now my scent is Moschino.

Ive worn @ least 100 different fragrances if not more. But my top ones are:
1)Gucci Rush
2)Endless Love (Victorias Secret)
3)Halo (Victorias Secret)
4)Divine (Victorias Secret)
5)Micheal by Michael Kors
6)Kors by Micahel Kors
7)Chanel Mademoiselle
8)Flirt (Prescriptives)
9)Thierry Mugler Angel
10)Journey (Mary Kay)

*Honorable Mention: Marc Jacobs, Ellen Tracy, Ellen Tracy Imagine, Tiffany Pure Tiffanny, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Celine Dion Belong, Avon Candied, Avon Tommorrow, Elige Mary Kay, Breathless Victorias Secret, Very Sexy Victoria's Secret, Christian Dior Dior Me Not, Incendence, Delicious, Chanel No.5, Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Elizabeth Arden Arden Beauty, Halston Unbound, Ralph Lauren Blue, Ralph Lauren Lauren Style, Vera Wang Sheer Veil, Jessica McClintock No.3, Burberry Brit, Burberry Weekend, Demeters, Aquolina Pink Sugar, Escada, Jo Malone Lime Blossoms, Carolina Herrera Chic, Carolina Herrera Carolina, Carolina Herrera 212, and Creed Himalayas.

Next on my list: TRISH MCENVOY No.9, Jil Sander No.4, or any Bvlgari (white tea, blu, green tea...)

Will do SuLi...I used to get mine at elux but they stopped carrying L'Artisan. I get it now at abeautifullife.com Smile, I can understand stocking up on it as it's scary to think that it wouldn't be available in the US. Why do we do these things to ourselves...why can't we just "love" a brand that can be easily located at the local dept store??????:wacko:
SuLi said:
Ginger - let me know when you do. It's absolutely lovely. I had a bit of a scare last year when I found out that they weren't exporting "Tea for Two" to the States any longer. I went to a local shop called Blue Mercury and literally stockpiled what they had left (which sadly, was 2 bottles). However, I've found a few places that still carries it online, and I just found out there is a L'Artisan store in NYC. I need to call and check with them to see if they have it, but from the website, it looks like they might.

fendifemale said:
Ive worn @ least 100 different fragrances if not more. But my top ones are:
1)Gucci Rush
2)Endless Love (Victorias Secret)
3)Halo (Victorias Secret)
4)Divine (Victorias Secret)
5)Micheal by Michael Kors
6)Kors by Micahel Kors
7)Chanel Mademoiselle
8)Flirt (Prescriptives)
9)Thierry Mugler Angel
10)Journey (Mary Kay)

*Honorable Mention: Marc Jacobs, Ellen Tracy, Ellen Tracy Imagine, Tiffany Pure Tiffanny, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Celine Dion Belong, Avon Candied, Avon Tommorrow, Elige Mary Kay, Breathless Victorias Secret, Very Sexy Victoria's Secret, Christian Dior Dior Me Not, Incendence, Delicious, Chanel No.5, Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Elizabeth Arden Arden Beauty, Halston Unbound, Ralph Lauren Blue, Ralph Lauren Lauren Style, Vera Wang Sheer Veil, Jessica McClintock No.3, Burberry Brit, Burberry Weekend, Demeters, Aquolina Pink Sugar, Escada, Jo Malone Lime Blossoms, Carolina Herrera Chic, Carolina Herrera Carolina, Carolina Herrera 212, and Creed Himalayas.

Next on my list: TRISH MCENVOY No.9, Jil Sander No.4, or any Bvlgari (white tea, blu, green tea...)
Sounds like Sephora's inventory!!!