Feeling the COLD of a B-BAG Purse Ban??? Come on in and support is at hand...

I'm right there with ya Helen! Well - not the wedding part... but the extreme purse ban part. I've now gone from zero bbags to 3 gorgeous beauties in the span of basically a month. MUST stop! I'm sure this is going to be very tough to do. Ooohing and aahing.. looking, but not touching (well.. I guess touching is ok... not buying! :P ) I have to remind myself that I really have more than enough. I know there's always room for more.. but I'm afraid if I keep on feeding the insatiable appetite of the bbag monster.. well that's just it.. it's insatiable... :sweatdrop:

So ladies - I'm now requesting your help to keep me strong. I know we have a bunch of very lovely enablers here, but I'm asking for the exact opposite. I really really need to be good. So as an extra challenge and to see if I can manage to not let the love of purses overrun my life - I've decided that I'm going to go on a purse ban for all of 2007. I guess sort of like a new year's resolution, but I'm not going to call it that since those things are always not kept!

I look forward to a 2007 of discipline, but also lots of enjoyable times living vicariously through your purchases. :smile: The way I'm going to cure this insatiable appetite is to go cold turkey.

Goodluck with that Jadecee! I know you can do it.
I've been on a ban for almost 9 months now ( since March '06 ) and so far the craving has been not bad but I'm in desperate need of a bigger bag than a city so i've been looking around for a work but to fund for it..i have to sell off my beloved sky blue city :crybaby: my very first bbag ever and it makes me abit sad but i have to do it because i love my ink more now and i kinda have to keep my black city because everyone's gotta have a black bbag. I'm not gonna say that I broke my purse ban...but more that I'm exchanging one bbag for another that I'll use and love more. :yahoo:

Anyways goodluck with your purse ban...if you do keep the ban at least for half the year..I think you accomplished your goal because the bbag craving is so hard to resist.:jammin:

Mocean, Hellosunshine--thanks for setting such a great example!! (I know there are others too that are doing this.) Jadecee, you can do it! I say let's do enjoy what we have. We all have some beautiful bags! Let's just thoroughly enjoy them until our bank accounts are flush (ok, or until we have money in the account) and then we can really enjoy our next bag purchase--whenever that happens to be!

Be strong!!

awww.. thanks guys! When the last of my Nov/Dec 2006 purchases arrives, I'll do a last hurrah by sharing pics and then from that day forward... strictly strictly enforced ban!!!

hellosunshine - 9 months! That's awesome - and getting a work but selling your city is sorta like a trade. Makes sense if you're going to use it more!

mocean - I feel your pain.. but your idea of rubbing your bbag leather is great! Everytime I get an urge to splurge.. I'll open up my closet and grab one of the eye candies to remind myself I don't need any more sweets!

ssm - I totally agree - they're setting GREAT examples and seeing/reading about these great examples is great motivation. I really hope we can all enjoy our bags until we're flush with moula again!

Oohhh... I almost cave in yesterday when I put in an offer for a 05 black City but then I thought to myself, for $200 more I can get a brand new 07 black City so I rejected her counteroffered. Yay for will power! :wlae:

However, I did break my normal purse ban by buying some Chloe stuff during that mad AR sale last weekend. :shame::lecture:

jadecee :yahoo: congrats on joining us!!! we'll be sure to help you in anyway!!! :graucho: HELP IS AT HAND.... :wlae: POST POST POST away!!!

right now the 07 colours are sneaking in and its hard - its like a need a new b-bag smell hit.... I NEED HIT!!! :Push:
Anyways, it order to help my B-Bag Ban I went to the Bank this morning and got my CC limit lowered to the lowest limit... hopefully, this will help me pay it off easier and get some money ranked up on it for my plane tickets... woop woop.... oh man, i wanna feel up a french blue...:graucho: :drool:

Oh girls this is really tough...my SA told me that they will get the new colors this week...good that the shop is a "nice" ride away and that I am busy preparing everything for our christmasvaccation!

Even worse there was a Dolma city on ebay in mintymint condition....it took me all my willpower not to hit BIN!:drool:

jadecee I am in awe but I'm shure you'll do fine!

:smash: i'm going NUTS here, girls... I just saw a super yummy SKY BLUE CITY on eBay and OMG i think i could jump into my computer monitor to grab it... I WANT IT I WANT IT... oh dear b-bag gods help me!!!!

Its like do i break my ban for an old skool b-bag colour or wait for periwinkle - which could be close to sky blue.... :Push: :shrugs: :hrmm: :sneaky:

hmmm, i should just stay off the Internet while im at work...

i'm jumping in for this... a BAN... yes yes yes a BAN BAN BAN :Push: Enough bags, gotta really save some money :yes: hehe... just like jadacee i think i am doing a whole 2007 BAN... :yucky: we'll seee how long that'll last!! I'm really content right now, soo yes NO MORE FOR ... now ^_______^"

I would just like to look and fantasize about fellow pfer's bbags... and maybe drool a little on my keyboard too :drool: haha...

Thanks ladies for the encouragement and support! Yesterday I was thinking about my ban and then fantasizing about what I would get once my ban was over.. and to my surprise and disappointment - I came up with a list of 20 bags! (not all bbags..) oh dear.. :sweatdrop: So this got me to thinking that I really need this purse ban since I can't possibly want (I mean really really really want) and love ALL of these bags. Some have to be trimmed away because I don't want a collection of 20 - 40 bags as I would have trouble rotating all of them and justify keeping them!

It always KILLS me when something awesome comes along that I want a lot - but I think the mantra to follow is "it will come along again if I wait long enough and I won't really die if I don't have it!" Hard to remember this mantra though.

Something keeping me going is I'm getting my last bag for '06 this week (hopefully - fingers crossed for no more snafus with FedEx).

HelenNZ - you can do it! 05 sky blue or 07 periwinkle.. tough choice! 05 leather is so nice... but 07 is brand new!! A purse ban is definitely hard with all these nice ss07 bags coming out. Also hard when sometimes there are sales! It took all my willpower to not even enter into Holt Renfrew during their sale cuz they had some bbags (including moto line) on sale and normally their regular price was WAY overpriced - but with the sale it would've been worth it. I removed temptation by not going otherwise if I could see and touch the yummy leather IRL I might've caved!

bbag sistas unite! We can be successful with our bans! Oh - and Happy Holidays everyone!

:crybaby: Ok, FINE! I'm weak and I totally broke my BAN... well, I said NO MORE B-Bags, right??? LOL!!! I crossed over to the LV side for a tiny bit, so does it really count that I fell off the wagon??? Its an LV not a B-Bag :sweatdrop: LOL - yeah I think it does! :roflmfao: Oh well... LOL - I'm such a traitor - can't have a B-Bag... I'll just buy LV instead!!! HAHAHA!!! Geez, this Ban stuff is really hard!!!

How are you all going with your Bans???

I can stay committed to a ban on purchasing any "new" Balenciagas in 2007. However, if I happen to find something on my "want list" on Ebay in perfect condition, it is going to be really hard to restrain myself. I'm in desperate need of a money tree! :crybaby:

i'm jumping in for this... a BAN... yes yes yes a BAN BAN BAN :Push: Enough bags, gotta really save some money :yes: hehe... just like jadacee i think i am doing a whole 2007 BAN... :yucky: we'll seee how long that'll last!! I'm really content right now, soo yes NO MORE FOR ... now ^_______^"

I would just like to look and fantasize about fellow pfer's bbags... and maybe drool a little on my keyboard too :drool: haha...

^^ ditto, it's a big '07 ban 4 me too!!! :s:sweatdrop::shocked:

p.s. i promise to try not to break it this time :angel: