Feed Me Chevre

OTINGOCNI said:
Call me nuts but I would be interested to know the exact species of ostrich that Hermes uses. I looked up the species name of a S. African ostrich and read that it is Struthio camelus var. australis. Anyone want to ask Hermes?

I remember the tag on the ostrich Kelly says "Struthio Camelus".

And while we're on the subject, Hermes also made items from Emu! If I remember correctly, the bumps are smaller than those of ostrich. Anyone own an Emu bag?

No I don't, but I'd love to have something in Emu!!:nuts:

Kou, COOL! Thanks for confirming that! I know that there are varieties of ostrich species and the I suppose the "australus" variety is from South Africa since australus means south! Very, very interesting! I am intrigued.

OTINGOCNI said:
Lilach, do you know what that ostrich leg leather looks like?

I would LOVE to visit the Pantin workshop and huff all those leathers.
here you go it has a very interesting strucutre but dries out quickly /that was the reasonhermès quitted it) i owned a wallet in it but it relly becam nasty looking

Attachments

• strausbein_leder_schwarz.jpg
    strausbein_leder_schwarz.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 36
  • strauss1.jpg
    strauss1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 47
  • straussenb_ab.jpg
    straussenb_ab.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 43
OTINGOCNI said:
Kou, COOL! Thanks for confirming that! I know that there are variations of ostrich species and the I suppose the "australus" variety is from South Africa since australus means south! Very, very interesting! I am intrigued.

I think it is from South Africa, my Certificate of Origin says it's South Africa too!:yes: I just love these ostriches ... I've been told that South African ostriches are the best!

That is what I love about this place- the collective knowledge from you ladies is unbelievable!

Lilach now I totally understand what you were talking about when you were telling us about why the Ostrich Muse was subpar! Its amazing to see the skin like that.

lilach said:
here is a whole ostrich skin as you see only some parts have the bumps and hermès only uses the part with the most even bup pattern :flowers:

This is fascinating!! Is that considered a medium size ostrich? Is it big enough to fit a shoulder Birkin on that leather?

jag said:
That is what I love about this place- the collective knowledge from you ladies is unbelievable!

Lilach now I totally understand what you were talking about when you were telling us about why the Ostrich Muse was subpar! Its amazing to see the skin like that.
Jag/Lilach, would you mind point me to Lilach's original post on Ostrich Muse. I am interested to see that. I did a simple search on the forum for that particular post, but couldn't find it very easily. Thanks!