Fav scarves?

Do you REALLY want to know ? (like most of you don't already!)

Rencontre Oceane
Grands Fonds - (these are the two I collect)
and ANY of my scarves by Annie Faivre (the artist I collect)

My current fave is the Flying Carpet from this past season......love it!

Absolutely stunning scarves ladies! I'm a newbie when it comes to the scarves. My favorite is still my first: Turandot from 2002. And thanks to a tip from a lovely TPFer, I have two more coming in different colorways. :yahoo: Now I just need to add a red one. First photo is mine, the other two are courtesy of the sellers.

Attachments

• CIMG1208.jpg
    CIMG1208.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 139
  • cefa_3.JPG.jpg
    cefa_3.JPG.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 2563_3.JPG.jpg
    2563_3.JPG.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 124
HiHeels ! I know exactly what you are saying.....and I'm here to tell you after many, many, many years of marriage and many, many, many gifts that just missed the mark that you should not feel bad about how you feel. It won't be the last time.....I can tell you stories that would make your hair stand on end.....(one involving a pair of bright orange suede clogs that will go down in the "Gift-That-Never-Quite-Made-It-But-He-Had-Good-Intentions Hall of Fame").

The solution to this type of thing, of course, is to be as verbal about what you like as possible. When it comes to scarves you might even need to show him pictures....just sort of leave them laying around the house. You might even need to say something like...."Honey, look at this GORGEOUS Hermes scarf! Isn't it the most beautiful thing? I love these colors and the design is to die for....it's really ME!" After a few years of this, you'll start receiving gifts that'll get closer to home base until one day he'll hit the ball right out of the ball park. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Of course for me this happened when I turned 45.....hmmmmmmm...:s

the most frustrating thing is that he's pretty fantastic about gift-giving. usually, when he does veer off course, it's still something great, just unexpected. i think for this particular gift the problem was it's something next to the face so while i can usually work with something i might not ordinarily pick for a coat, etc., a scarf really has to be exactly right. and i feel even worse because he went into the store looking for one he knew that i wanted but they didn't have it, so he improvised. and really, he has improvised in the past with tremendous success (the guy bought me my purse, after all!) but the peach color of this scarf does not suit me at all. :sad: i feel so awful saying that.
though your orange suede clogs did make me smile.

Yes, I completely know what you're saying. Actually, I bought "Pavements", a scarf I'd been looking for for what seems like ages and finally found but when I got it, it made me look sallow. The colors were so wrong for me. I know exactly what you mean.

My favorite is the one I got today (from NM)!!!! I can't take pics yet because it is wrapped for Christmas :graucho: but it is cream/white with blue design...I don't know the name of it but it is the same as the design of the enamel bracelet that has the animals spelling out "Hermes". I love it! :love:

I think my absolute favorite is Axis Mundi, which I have in apricot
AxisMundi.jpg
But the latest workhorse is my new re-issue of Musique des Spheres in the sable colorway--it goes with everything!
flat.jpg
mds.jpg

My fav is Tohu Bohu. I'm using this as my computer background on my home computer. I have been wearing my plisses the most lately and here are some of them that I wear the most.

Attachments

• tohu%20bohu%20(2)MA12104141-0006.jpg
    tohu%20bohu%20(2)MA12104141-0006.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 100
  • scotland%20(2)MA12104141-0004.jpg
    scotland%20(2)MA12104141-0004.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 91
  • bolduc%20(2)MA12104141-0001.JPG
    bolduc%20(2)MA12104141-0001.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Flamenco1%20(2)MA12104141-0002.JPG
    Flamenco1%20(2)MA12104141-0002.JPG