**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

Sam, you can request an authentication on the LV authentication thread for the bag you just bought. All you need to do is follow their format and include a link to the online listing of your purchase, and any additional pictures they may need. It should help your peace of mind for the bag you already bought.

I will do that. Thanks

Reactions: TrixyG
Hi everyone =) hope some of you are familiar with selling and purchasing from Fashionphile. I bought a LV pochette accessoires Damier Ebene NM in new condition for 475$ no box just dust bag. Then another one was sold same thing but in Excellent condition for 495$.no box ,just dust bag. I called Fashionphile and said it's because the excellent condition one was a consignment item that's why the in excellent condition was more expensive then my new one. Does it makes sense? I thought all handbags on Fashionphile where all consignment items. Can anyone explain to me please?
Thanks!! =)

I thought all handbags on Fashionphile where all consignment items. Can anyone explain to me please?
Thanks!! =)

No, sellers have the option of direct buyout instead of consignment, so the one you bought probably cost FP less to acquire. When you submit an item, FP gives you two quotes, one for direct buyout and one for consignment. The buyout option gives the seller a lower price, but they get paid immediately. With consignment they have to wait until it has sold. HTH

Reactions: babygirlloveLV
Consignment means that the seller has to wait until the item sells to receive their money. When a seller accepts a "Buyout" they get the money right away...it's usually less money because FP is taking a chance that the item will sell. This completely normal. You were fortunate to get NEW condition for less money!

No, sellers have the option of direct buyout instead of consignment, so the one you bought probably cost FP less to acquire. When you submit an item, FP gives you two quotes, one for direct buyout and one for consignment. The buyout option gives the seller a lower price, but they get paid immediately. With consignment they have to wait until it has sold. HTH
Thank you for explaining to me. =)

Consignment means that the seller has to wait until the item sells to receive their money. When a seller accepts a "Buyout" they get the money right away...it's usually less money because FP is taking a chance that the item will sell. This completely normal. You were fortunate to get NEW condition for less money!
Thank you for your help. =)

I have shopped with and sold to Fashionphile many times over the past 6 years or so and have never had any major problems. I've bought about 30 items and sold about 50. I don't get paid by them to say anything, I wish, but I just wanted to defend them, because they aren't that bad, and they have a lot of great stuff.

Some times things take a little longer than I think they should but maybe that is a combination of the "we need it now," idea that has been implanted in all of us with the 2 day shipping from places like Amazon and having millennial workers who don't think they don't have to answer to anybody, especially people who are asking too many questions about their orders, because they are just too busy on their cell phones. I've received worse customer service at more respected places. If you call Neiman Marcus, their customer service is horrible, literally one of the worst I've ever dealt with and one time I was just calling to ask a question about ordering an item listed as Pre-Order on their website, but every time I've called they were terrible. At the store the people are nice but the phone people, horrible. At least at Fashionphile they are nice on the phone. Personally, I think customer service everywhere is just getting worse. People in general just don't treat people with respect anymore. Kids don't treat their parents well. Companies don't treat their employees well. And Sales people don't treat customers that well. And I've seen plenty of customers treat sales people like crap too. People don't even hold the door open for the person behind them anymore. What do you expect in today's society?

Everything I've sent them I've received a fair price for with respect to how things are selling and how satiated the market is at the time. Everything I've received from them has been authentic and in beautiful shape, even things that say "Very good" or "good" (just don't buy anything that smells, from anyone, that never comes out, especially cigarette smoke).

Every thing has arrived beautifully packaged and if I need to make a return, although, it has only happened once, that was easy too. I love their lay-a-way and that they mark things down after a certain amount of time, which now they have put the next markdown date under the item.

Concerning the worries mentioned about getting a fake, they only thing you can do is to educate yourself with the brand you are buying. That's what I did. The internet is full of information. Pictures, comparisons, stories. The people at Fashionphile do know what to look for though and they would never sell a fake knowingly and I bet it would be very hard for a fake to get past them but look so obvious on their website. If they were caught selling a fake or fakes, there would be a lot at stake for them, basically, losing their whole business and go to prison.

One last note, over time I feel like Fashionphile has really increased their attention to customer service. They are faster, especially with the selling process.

Fashionphile new policy! I had a two handbags that were marked down 20% in my shopping cart on Fashionphile. I was waiting to see if they would go to 30%. This morning I checked my shopping cart and it said that the item had a price increase. The item was only 10%.
I called Fashionphile and they told me that they changed their discount policy. Now items have to be listed for 30 days for 10% discount, 60 days for 20% discount, and 90 days for 30% discount.
I contacted customer service because this policy should not include items that have been already discounted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tlvover
I feel like most of their items are overpriced. I have never shopped with them because I find I find a better deal if I just buy the bag brand new. I wanted to sell my Pochette Metis and they offered so little. I ended up selling on eBay.

Reactions: Tlvover
Fashionphile new policy! I had a two handbags that were marked down 20% in my shopping cart on Fashionphile. I was waiting to see if they would go to 30%. This morning I checked my shopping cart and it said that the item had a price increase. The item was only 10%.
I called Fashionphile and they told me that they changed their discount policy. Now items have to be listed for 30 days for 10% discount, 60 days for 20% discount, and 90 days for 30% discount.
I contacted customer service because this policy should not include items that have been already discounted.

I wondered about that! I had something in my cart that was set to go to 30% off today and it went back to 10%. That's so annoying. It really turns me off from buying from them.

Reactions: SherwoodMom
I wondered about that! I had something in my cart that was set to go to 30% off today and it went back to 10%. That's so annoying. It really turns me off from buying from them.

Agreed, super annoying. I had a few things I was watching. That would explain why their "Last Call" is so empty right now compared to how it was (18 items when it used to be 50-60).

They must be bleeding money with Last Call.

I had a couple of really bad quotes recently. They've been sloppy about it. One of them they quoted as a bi-color bag, which it clearly wasn't (if they had even looked at any of the 15 photos it was obvious it was one color), and I wrote to them about it because the difference in value was several hundred dollars. To their credit, they did take another look and adjust it, but had I not taken a second look I would have sold them my brand new bag for 30% of what they're selling it for, letting them make out like bandits on it.

I know that selling to consignment means that I make less in exchange for them doing all the work, but when they constantly offer less than 50% of their current selling price (when their site says they offer 50-70%) it's just frustrating.

Reactions: QuelleFromage