Facelift surgery

[Hi there, I am in my early 50. Do you manage to get a good facelift surgeon ? Please pm me.thanks.

QUOTE=agacci;27183605]I am in my late 40s. I did a mid facelift and nose revision this January in one of reputable clinics in Korea. I am very unhappy with the result, the aesthetic outcome has been poor and I still have red skin behind my ears that I still can put my hair up. I have been waiting patiently with hope that it may improve but I clearly see now what had gone wrong and further improvement would be unlikely.

After such a cost and pain etc it is very disheartening.

Knowing what I know now, I didn't really need a facelift except the lose skin just underneath chin which could have corrected with small excision to remove the skin, and a bit of graft would have been perfect. I look at my old photos and I miss her. There was a bit of sagging but she looked supple and beautiful, it looks weird and unnatural.

I am planning to visit Korea in the next couple of months to see what can be done to improve the aesthetics/shape, and also looking into nose revision.

Please DO NOT rush. That is my biggest regret.

If anyone knows any doc in Seoul with good aesthetics (not just skills) and experience I would appreciate info. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi agacci, sorry to hear you that you are not happy about your result. Hi shaunical, saw you are looking for good facelift surgeons. Hope what I know and my experience can at least help you a little. I went to korea for facelift, but was not well prepared from every aspect. I ended up ptosis correction at Aone Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery by Dr. Kwon. Spending two weeks in the clinic after surgery (they provide post-op care), I have seen and personally experienced what a great surgeon Dr. Kwon is. His speciality is facelift , so most patients I met in his clinic had facelift done. One of the patients had a revision surgery from multiple failed surgeries in the US and other places, which took him about 8 hrs, extremely difficult case. what I want to say is that patients also come to him for revision surgeries.
I am very impressed that he only does one surgery per day which really means he cares about the outcomes and quality most, not making more money (well you may think it is naive to say that). He probably is one of the best or most reputable plastic surgeon in Korea regarding facelift surgery. Most patients there are Koreans either local or from US.
I did see some negative reviews about him in this forum before I went to Korea which made me a little hesitate at the beginning. I think that we never know the truth until we experience ourself. Everyone has different experiences and opinions. Medicine, more specifically cosmetic surgery, the outcome is so complex, not only do doctor's skill matters, but also how our own healing process and how our body reacts contribute to the outcome. I truly admired Dr. Kwon's skill and his care for his patient. If I decide to do facelift, I will go to him without any doubt. hope this will help.

Shaunical,
Every procedure will have at least 30% chance of being unsuccessful . I have talked to few unhappy patients ( and saw their pix) but I am glad you see the good side of it. Dr kwon is very kind, extremely skillful with face lift. I took 4 ppl with me last April for full face lift- nose revision(rib). My sister which is 65 , now looks stunning without make up, the rest from 51-58 years old. Revision is much more difficult. He can do it, and if it is his own mistake , it will get taking care of.
I went to K twice and sat in the clinic's lobby for hours to see post- op patients

Con't
If anyone is thinking about face lift, please be very carefully. Don't just go to the DR that famous because of their B/A , web site,.... Please read, read all old threads and talk with group chat which now about more than a hundred ppl attended. Ppl were in K more than one time. Very helpful!.

Hi agacci, sorry to hear you that you are not happy about your result. Hi shaunical, saw you are looking for good facelift surgeons. Hope what I know and my experience can at least help you a little. I went to korea for facelift, but was not well prepared from every aspect. I ended up ptosis correction at Aone Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery by Dr. Kwon. Spending two weeks in the clinic after surgery (they provide post-op care), I have seen and personally experienced what a great surgeon Dr. Kwon is. His speciality is facelift , so most patients I met in his clinic had facelift done. One of the patients had a revision surgery from multiple failed surgeries in the US and other places, which took him about 8 hrs, extremely difficult case. what I want to say is that patients also come to him for revision surgeries.
I am very impressed that he only does one surgery per day which really means he cares about the outcomes and quality most, not making more money (well you may think it is naive to say that). He probably is one of the best or most reputable plastic surgeon in Korea regarding facelift surgery. Most patients there are Koreans either local or from US.
I did see some negative reviews about him in this forum before I went to Korea which made me a little hesitate at the beginning. I think that we never know the truth until we experience ourself. Everyone has different experiences and opinions. Medicine, more specifically cosmetic surgery, the outcome is so complex, not only do doctor's skill matters, but also how our own healing process and how our body reacts contribute to the outcome. I truly admired Dr. Kwon's skill and his care for his patient. If I decide to do facelift, I will go to him without any doubt. hope this will help.

Hi Valerie,
How's your eyelid surgery with Dr kwon? Are u returning to do the facelift?

How odd, you sounded like a patient in the beginning but towards the end you sounded like Dr Kwon's puppet. Please do not do a sales pitch for him until you have actually been a patient of Dr Kwon!!!! He is a very clever online salesman and has sucked people in.

If you guys can afford it I urge you to go where I am going to Dr Peter Lee, Wave Plastic Surgery in Los Angeles. 98% of his patients are Koreans. I am Chinese but I LOVE, LOVE his work. I was going to Dr Michael Byun, (another Korean doctor) in Chicago but have decided on Peter Lee. I have seen b&a of Asian patients with American doctors - they look ok but nothing to go WOW about. That's what I want and Wave has achieved that. EVEN the b&a of the Korean Clinics leave me unimpressed.

Hi angel82,
I am happy with my eyelid surgery. This was a revision from two previous medical related surgeries which resulted in ptosis. I knew it was a difficult case.
Yes, I am returning for facelift at the end of August or beginning of Sep. If you are interested, we can stay in touch through emails. I don't have any PM.

Hi angel82,
I am happy with my eyelid surgery. This was a revision from two previous medical related surgeries which resulted in ptosis. I knew it was a difficult case.
Yes, I am returning for facelift at the end of August or beginning of Sep. If you are interested, we can stay in touch through emails. I don't have any PM.

Oh that's soon. Do you know what are the charges for facelift? And recovery period?

Hi angel82,

Oh that's very soon then. Do you happen to know their charges for facelift and which facelift are you planning to do? Where are you from?

Hi angel82,

Hi Valerie, that's really soon then! Do you happen to know what's are the charges and how long u gonna a stay? And also where are you from?