Experience with Chanel refurbishing/repair

Hello! I bought this tweed bag preowned but noticed the inside on both sides has splitting and the thread unraveling. Would this be something Chanel can repair and approximately how much would it cost? I bought this on a secondhand store and I think the site priced it for the condition and miswrote the description as Excellent (when I contacted them they refused a price reduction for the flaws but will refund). I do love the bag so trying to see if worth it to salvage. Thank you!

Attachments

• 76597C9C-4F7D-415E-869C-A323E063CAFD.jpeg
    76597C9C-4F7D-415E-869C-A323E063CAFD.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 89
  • A205DB44-DCE0-43C9-B364-130077BBDC89.jpeg
    A205DB44-DCE0-43C9-B364-130077BBDC89.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 71A0707F-4008-4D54-8433-743C905FAEFB.jpeg
    71A0707F-4008-4D54-8433-743C905FAEFB.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 66F57294-173F-4667-9A71-A82D5F3AB85B.jpeg
    66F57294-173F-4667-9A71-A82D5F3AB85B.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 77
Hello! I bought this tweed bag preowned but noticed the inside on both sides has splitting and the thread unraveling. Would this be something Chanel can repair and approximately how much would it cost? I bought this on a secondhand store and I think the site priced it for the condition and miswrote the description as Excellent (when I contacted them they refused a price reduction for the flaws but will refund). I do love the bag so trying to see if worth it to salvage. Thank you!
Oh wow! I would return. That’s bad.

Reactions: ahswong

I’ve had a shockingly similar experience (albeit only one of the gusset stitches was popped on the bag I purchased)! I liked the bag enough to want to keep it, so I sent it to Leather Surgeons for repair. I was quoted 115$ + shipping for repair (includes restitching of both gusset stitches). Not sure how much you paid for your bag but if you can stomach an additional 150-200$, it might be worthwhile to get it repaired.

You could also try taking it to your local Chanel boutique. I was told by the concierge they won’t repair the actual tweed, but can fix a gusset stitch. I opted for Leather Surgeons because, from what I’ve read on TPF, LS has a shorter turnaround time.

I just wanted to share my experience with Chanel repair services in the event that this might be useful.

In short, I had a wonderful experience with Chanel.
I purchased a 22A black lambskin mini square flap bag from the Chanel boutique located in Waikiki, Hawaii. I used the bag less than 3 times in the span of 3 weeks, and I noticed that the stitching on the flap was so tight to the point that the leather was ripping - a similar situation as the YouTuber classicswithaquirk with her 22A fuschia mini reissue. I immediately texted my SA about the issue and visited the boutique. My SA is super wonderful. She initially thought it was normal wear and tear, but seeing how disappointed I was about the bag, she happily helped me send it out for repair. 2 months later, I was notified that the bag was back and Chanel could not fix the bag for me. I visited the shop and was given the option to return the bag, which I took. Overall, I was not expecting an exchange/return option and I am so ecstatic and pleased by Chanel's customer service!

Reactions: 880 and Cali2HI
HElP - Hi, can anyone suggest a good spa/repair service for the metal parts of my vintage Chanel reissue 225? Leather Surgeons said they could not replate matte or aged gold hardware. Any suggestions? See attached pictures.

E584C796-0700-4E37-B5D1-ACCADB3390A9.png

7BC6194B-EA97-44BF-B4D4-16D35506EEB2.png

BB7300E2-8824-4582-B1AC-9D279A7FFDE7.png

I’m trying to take out indents I have on my vtg Chanel, but I have no idea what to do, I tried rubbing it made it seem develop a wrinkle; & now I see a tiny water stain would a conditioner help?! Any suggestions?! Anyone ever fixed their own bag?!

FA38F860-A15C-4692-A127-C0894C4E5293.jpeg

9BC5DDFF-2A36-491A-B81E-B01D433D1260.jpeg

I have a beige clair classic flap with a minor flaw, where the turn knob is tilted off center so it just needs realignment. I would love to get this fixed, but I'm really hesitant in case it get damaged while in repair. What happens if the bag gets damaged or even lost? Does Chanel repair/replace? And do they expect us to pay the gap between any price increase during the time you purchased and got it back from repair? Has anyone had any negative experiences with Chanel's repair service? How long did it take to get your item back? I was originally planning to wait as long as possible and send it before the 5 year warranty expires, but if I factor in price increase for the worst case scenario, that may not be such a smart idea.

I am assuming if they lost it they would replace it. I have had 2 bags repaired and my good friend has had 1. All three repairs took rough 12-17 weeks.
Yeah I assume they would just give a store credit, since the bags are never in stock, but it would probably for the original cost paid and not the current price.