Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
I’ve been offered a BF Halzan 31 and was curious to know how other tpfers are enjoying this bag. I’ve been using smaller bags recently (b25, c18) but have been eyeing an every day casual bag that could carry more items. I am not very familiar with the Halzan in this size but am very intrigued by this leather (and the wonderful smell!). I am a mom (love the idea of this being hands free) and don’t really want to super baby this bag. Thanks in advance!

I’ve been offered a BF Halzan 31 and was curious to know how other tpfers are enjoying this bag. I’ve been using smaller bags recently (b25, c18) but have been eyeing an every day casual bag that could carry more items. I am not very familiar with the Halzan in this size but am very intrigued by this leather (and the wonderful smell!). I am a mom (love the idea of this being hands free) and don’t really want to super baby this bag. Thanks in advance!
I have this very bag and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's my second Halzan 31 (I also had a mini but it was too small for me). IMO the shape of the bag makes it appear less large than other 30-32 CM bags. It's incredibly versatile and is a fantastic travel companion. I am planning to get another 31 when I venture back into in-person shopping.

BF is also a wonderful leather (and wonderful smelling as you pointed out). It's one of my two go-to bags for when it's raining b/c it's so resilient.

Hi everyone!

I need your expertise I have a very beautiful H 24/24, in barenia.
What is the bestcare for this leather? There is a pen mark inside and a small mark on the outside..
I love everything about the leather and the patina it evolves over time. But I still want to care for it in the best way

View attachment 5002043
I normally rub out any exterior marks with my fingers. It works like a charm for BF.
Sorry to hear about the pen mark. H spa does not do anything to the interior.

Thank you! That’s great to know! Do you mind telling me how tall you are since you mentioned the mini didn’t work for you - was it hard to fit everything you wanted in it? I’m 5’2”.

I have this very bag and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's my second Halzan 31 (I also had a mini but it was too small for me). IMO the shape of the bag makes it appear less large than other 30-32 CM bags. It's incredibly versatile and is a fantastic travel companion. I am planning to get another 31 when I venture back into in-person shopping.

BF is also a wonderful leather (and wonderful smelling as you pointed out). It's one of my two go-to bags for when it's raining b/c it's so resilient.

Thank you! That’s great to know! Do you mind telling me how tall you are since you mentioned the mini didn’t work for you - was it hard to fit everything you wanted in it? I’m 5’2”.
The last time I checked I was two inches taller than you, LOL.

For a mini (for me a weekend use) bag I need to be able to fit my "minimal" kit (which even before Covid involved a packet of hand wipes) - wipes, extra pair of glasses, lipstick, keys, tissues, phone. Whatever the largest iPhone was in 2017 was even then too big for the mini exterior pockets. (FYI the strap length was fine.) Also the glasses ruined the fold of the bag. I really wanted to love it but it just looked messy and overstuffed worn cross-body and I had to leave something behind when I used it. So, it was rehomed. I haven't seen the new in-between size in person but I think someone on a related thread said that the outside pockets are too small for the largest iPhone. For me the 31 is perfect - it holds my regular (not minimal) organizer (a Fourbi 20), it folds just fine, and I can fit my phone in a back pocket. Right before lockdown I took it on holiday and found it's an excellent companion for air travel - fits nicely in a carryon and it's easy to find stuff inside of it even though it's inside another bag.

Also at my height the strap is just fine for cross-body. HTH!

Reactions: lil tote
I have a BF Halzan 31 in ebene and LOVE IT!!!! Such a practical and casual bag, so many ways to carry it and I love the pockets! I usually end up with mine cross body and its super comfy that way. It holds a lot more than it looks like it will too.

I just got the Halzan 31 in BF and love it... I can wear it crossbody or over shoulder for handsfree shopping. Outer pockets for phone. Easy to reach interior items. I totally can’t wait to travel with this. The BF was my first Halzan, but will definitely not be my last. I thought I was going to get a Jypsiere until I tried this on. :heart: