Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
I am recently offered a Barenia b30. I love the history of this leather and the blind stamp and the feel of the leather. However, I am afraid of the uneven tone during the patina process. I understand it gives this bag personality.

I am just wondering if I can avoid uneven color patches if I use it carefully. If I like uniform looks, is this bag not really for me?

Thanks you all for any input. I am quite torn

It should never develop patches or blotches unless it gets stainen. The tone can have subtle gradations. Even an evenly painted coloured surface will
vary as the light hits from different angles. I know what follows is not true because barenia has been available in ebene and vert olive,
I always think of barenia leather as not being a particular colour, but just what leather looks like. A kind of ‘this is what leather means to me’ appearance.
I will repeat that I know that is not a ‘true’ fact, because when it comes raw from the animal it can be look like anything. It’s more of an association.

My BF is very thick and wonderful. I store it on its back with a pillow inside. I do the same with my togo bags. I’ve only had it less than a year and it hasn’t slouched at all. But neither have my togo bags ‍♀️
O my gosh! Am I doing it all wrong? I just Leave my Barenia in the kitchen when I’m not using her, don’t use protection (aka Twilly), and tonight i did a “scratch demonstration” for my friends! :wtf: Hopefully she ends up ok.. is darkening leather a bad thing? I thought that was the goal (patina etc..). I notice her getting a little darker all over and A LOT shinier. I really love It though! :love: I think She can do no wrong

O my gosh! Am I doing it all wrong? I just Leave my Barenia in the kitchen when I’m not using her, don’t use protection (aka Twilly), and tonight i did a “scratch demonstration” for my friends! :wtf: Hopefully she ends up ok.. is darkening leather a bad thing? I thought that was the goal (patina etc..). I notice her getting a little darker all over and A LOT shinier. I really love It though! :love: I think She can do no wrong

Mine has a shine on her too! Much shinier than I see on everyone else’s posts. She also has barely seen the inside of her box and has suffered a few major stains. But I’m strangely ok with it and love her even more!! There is definitely a “live and let go” progress going on with me and this particular bag... ;)

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird

You have exactly the right idea - just get on and use it - it will get better and better!

Barenia in kitchen? I think oil stain is hard to get rid of for Barenia. No oil stain on your bag?

Haha there is no wrong way!! Just do what works for you! Mine has darkened a little and is definitely a little shinier. I wish it would hurry up! Darkening and patina is wonderful! I think that comes with use and mine only gets out once a week or so. I wear gobs of lotion so twillies are a must for me.

Reactions: GoldFish8
Mine has a shine on her too! Much shinier than I see on everyone else’s posts. She also has barely seen the inside of her box and has suffered a few major stains. But I’m strangely ok with it and love her even more!! There is definitely a “live and let go” progress going on with me and this particular bag... ;)
I definitely needed To pep talk myself several times to take her out to places that maybe you wouldn’t want a birkin in... but after I did It a few times, i feel it is becoming easier and easier to let it go... I think Because she has been used non stop and not babied the leather is getting so shiny and yummy :drool: would love to see what your Barenia looks like recently!!

Haha there is no wrong way!! Just do what works for you! Mine has darkened a little and is definitely a little shinier. I wish it would hurry up! Darkening and patina is wonderful! I think that comes with use and mine only gets out once a week or so. I wear gobs of lotion so twillies are a must for me.
It really is becoming so much fun to watch! Ok that makes sense with the Twilly then, I dont use Much lotion at all, only before i go to bed. I did Have chapstick on one time and went in to smell the bag, and of course left a tiny mark on the handle :wtf: ... but then I just wet a towel blotted it and let it dry, repeat 3 or 4 times and the chapstick oil mark was gone :eek:... this bag is really magic

Barenia in kitchen? I think oil stain is hard to get rid of for Barenia. No oil stain on your bag?
No oil stains yet! She is on the kitchen island though, far enough away from stove. If i am Full on cooking like a maniac, i just Toss a sweater over her. We have plenty of Those laying around.. our kids don’t undmerstand the cocept of hanging things up yet :no:... so far so good!

The real question is do i take Her to the gym. I really want to, just to prove to myself that i can. But then i feel Like there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. So she will probably stay home when i go to the gym. For now.

No oil stains yet! She is on the kitchen island though, far enough away from stove. If i am Full on cooking like a maniac, i just Toss a sweater over her. We have plenty of Those laying around.. our kids don’t undmerstand the cocept of hanging things up yet :no:... so far so good!

The real question is do i take Her to the gym. I really want to, just to prove to myself that i can. But then i feel Like there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. So she will probably stay home when i go to the gym. For now.

I’m relly leery of taking mine to the gym. Those lockers get broken into all the time!

id love to see how yours isn’t darkening! Mine has been used several times sine I got her but not much darkening, other than on the corners.

Me too. I think I need new twillies because I wear gobs of lotion too!

I’m relly leery of taking mine to the gym. Those lockers get broken into all the time!
Yes! I agree.. although my gym has a row of lockers right in the middle of the gym by the admin/personal trainer desk area. So theoretically I’d put her there. But ya.. it’s borderline stupid (for me)..I’m not Kim K with a zillion birkins and a gym birkin. I could be one day tho lol :graucho:... but not at the moment

id love to see how yours isn’t darkening! Mine has been used several times sine I got her but not much darkening, other than on the corners.

Me too. I think I need new twillies because I wear gobs of lotion too!
It’s such a subtle change.. it’s like she was light caramel when i got Her.. now she’s medium light caramel.., but way shinier! I have Been using her non stop though. Everyday. And when no one is watching i like To smooth out all the scratches and rub the leather lol.. it’s better than Xanax :lol: So that could be why she is so shiny. Christmas time = high stress = lots of Barenia rubbing :giggle:

Yes! I agree.. although my gym has a row of lockers right in the middle of the gym by the admin/personal trainer desk area. So theoretically I’d put her there. But ya.. it’s borderline stupid (for me)..I’m not Kim K with a zillion birkins and a gym birkin. I could be one day tho lol :graucho:... but not at the moment
Hmm, well, then that’s a different story if you can see the lockers/are in the same room. I suppose if I were taking a private class, I could take mine as well. But for the most part, I keep her at home.
It’s such a subtle change.. it’s like she was light caramel when i got Her.. now she’s medium light caramel.., but way shinier! I have Been using her non stop though. Everyday. And when no one is watching i like To smooth out all the scratches and rub the leather lol.. it’s better than Xanax :lol: So that could be why she is so shiny. Christmas time = high stress = lots of Barenia rubbing :giggle:
Mine is still a rusty caramel color but slightly darker on the corners. I find It therapeutic to rub out the scratches too! I rub it for good luck...especially since work is crazy at this time of year and I have a major deadline in two days!