€8000 to spend on bags

jenapp

Jul 18, 2023
I’m planning to spend some money for my birthday towards my ever growing bag collection, with all the price increases I’m not expecting it to go far, but I thought it would be fun to ask how would everyone else spend that money! I might be inspired!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I'm in between another everyday bag (one that fits essentials, a bottle of water), basically something practical and stylish like the andiamo and a nice evening bag. I would consider a chanel WOC but the exotic also sounds tempting! any brands in particular you could recommend?

I'm thinking outside of the price range for bags that you would like to be in.
It sounds like you are in Europe so would think there are many bag options that perhaps
are not here in the US
As far as exotics go, you might be lucky to find several designers in that price point & perhaps
vintage as well if that is a category that appeals to you.
If you already have a nice ever growing collection, I might consider putting that significant
amount towards a piece of jewelry ( watch, bracelet if that appeals to you)
Many of us are strictly bag lovers & collectors, but it is nice to have a special piece of jewelry, JMO

It sounds like you are in Europe so would think there are many bag options that perhaps
are not here in the US
As far as exotics go, you might be lucky to find several designers in that price point & perhaps
If you already have a nice ever growing collection, I might consider putting that significant
Many of us are strictly bag lovers & collectors, but it is nice to have a special piece of jewelry, JMO

I second this. I'd put the money towards jewelry! But it if had to be a bag, I'd consider your needs on what type of bag you're missing in your collection. Then I'd look into your favorite brands and see what they offer in that type. I'm sure you'll quickly narrow down a few options like that.

are not here in the US
Thanks for sharing! I’m one step ahead of you, I actually have some custom made jewellery in the making for Christmas (a month after my birthday) coming up so I have jewellery covered :smile:

Exotics: You won't get a crocodile, but for €8K you could get a decent ostrich bag from a designer brand, or a python + perhaps enough change to still get an evening bag. You could also get something iconic with gust over half like a Lady Dior or Gucci BTH and then get a more practical bag for everyday too or put the rest of the money away for a fabulous meal/theatre/ballet/opera experience to make the day more memorable.

You don't need to spend it all. Just think max budget.

Even though there's a date involved, I wouldn't be in hurry.

I second this. I'd put the money towards jewelry! But it if had to be a bag, I'd consider your needs on what type of bag you're missing in your collection. Then I'd look into your favorite brands and see what they offer in that type. I'm sure you'll quickly narrow down a few options like that.
Good point! Thank you! So hard to decide on a brand, that’s where I’m struggling. Top contenders are the BV andiamo, Chanel vintage backpack, Loewe Luna bag for everyday and a Chanel WOC or fendi baguette for evening

Good point! Thank you! So hard to decide on a brand, that’s where I’m struggling. Top contenders are the BV andiamo, Chanel vintage backpack, Loewe Luna bag for everyday and a Chanel WOC or fendi baguette for evening
The Fendi baguette is a great evening bag & can be used during the day to hold essentials
Perhaps instead of looking at "brands" just be open minded & explore what your eye is attracted
to . Color, size, design, hardware, all of it & there are just some outstanding vintage bags
that are of high quality leathers & designs...
If you are in London or Paris or even Rome/Milan/Florence great bag options to explore
Have fun!

Such a great dilemma to have! Like others said, it depends if your want 1 higher end bag or want to get more bang for your buck by buying a few still nice but more reasonably priced bags. If youn don't blow it all on one pricey bag, you could possibly even add a nice pair of coordinating shoes and/or Hermes scarf.

Is there a bag you've always wanted? If you want an exotic, you could get a Kwanpen crocodile for your budget or a preloved Louis Vuitton ostrich in a fun color. Good luck choosing!

Last edited:
Reactions: jenapp
Exotics: You won't get a crocodile, but for €8K you could get a decent ostrich bag from a designer brand, or a python + perhaps enough change to still get an evening bag. You could also get something iconic with gust over half like a Lady Dior or Gucci BTH and then get a more practical bag for everyday too or put the rest of the money away for a fabulous meal/theatre/ballet/opera experience to make the day more memorable.

You don't need to spend it all. Just think max budget.

Even though there's a date involved, I wouldn't be in hurry.
That's true, the lady dior is the closest I've seen to having a day and evening bag but probably more evening compatible, what's the maintenance like on an exotic?

Such a great dilemma to have! Like others said, it depends if your want 1 higher end bag or want to get more bang for your buck by buying a few still nice but more reasonably priced bags. If youn don't blow it all on one pricey bag, you could possibly even add a nice pair of coordinating shoes and/or Hermes scarf.

Is there a bag you've always wanted? If you want an exotic, you could get a Kwanpen crocodile for your budget or a preloved Louis Vuitton ostrich in a fun color. Good luck choosing!
I've just searched for the Kwanpen bag and HOW GORGEOUS! Never seen this bag before in Germany. I agree with your idea about adding some Chypre sandals or I was thinking of the Dior heeled sandals

Reactions: haute okole
I've just searched for the Kwanpen bag and HOW GORGEOUS! Never seen this bag before in Germany. I agree with your idea about adding some Chypre sandals or I was thinking of the Dior heeled sandals
I believe Kwanpen is a brand from Singapore. They specialize in crocodile and alligator and I don't own one but have heard their quality is very good. More expensive than something like Maria Oliver (Spanish brand) but alot more affordable than something similar from Hernes, etc. Which one caught your eye on their website? I have a couple on my wish list!