€8000 to spend on bags

I believe Kwanpen is a brand from Singapore. They specialize in crocodile and alligator and I don't own one but have heard their quality is very good. More expensive than something like Maria Oliver (Spanish brand) but alot more affordable than something similar from Hernes, etc. Which one caught your eye on their website? I have a couple on my wish list!
I have my eye on The city edge ! yours?

I
Ostrich or eel are OK in the rain and fairly durable

They all are if you look after then really. I have plenty of python, no problem, but some people freak out if anything shows any sign of wear at all
so no rain for croc or gator?

How are the Kwanpen bags so inexpensive for exotics? I don't think I have ever seen croc or gator bags for the price they charge.

I

How are the Kwanpen bags so inexpensive for exotics? I don't think I have ever seen croc or gator bags for the price they charge.
No water on alligator or croc (matte or shiny) - or lizard.

Some Kwanpen will be under OP's budget (love the Raffles 1819) but she'll have to find a supplier in the EU as those exotics can't be exported.

For multiple reasons but the largest being lower labour costs in Asia. Exotic leathers while expensive are actually substantially cheaper than one might think looking at retail prices of exotics from luxury staples like say Hermes or Delvaux.

https://www.kwanpen.com/collections/handbags/products/raffles-1819-handbag-85th-anniversary-edition (even their diamond anniversary raffles is relatively well priced compared to similar offering from competitors).

Same reason ACME shoemaker is so disruptive within bespoke shoemaking realm.

To the OP @jenapp (Staying on topic if you like exotics: Ferragamo outlets have been known to have ostrich and crocodilian bags in your price range at times)

Another beautiful one in your price range:
IMG_9554.png

Last edited: