eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

I can only think that she wanted to prove it was delivered before I could prove that it was not. And also, she opened the case against me so that I couldn't open the case against her ... I know, it's so convoluted that my mind "broke".
How does a seller "open a case" when the buyer paid? AFAIK, the seller can only open an UID (unpaid item dispute) but it can't be opened if the item was paid for.

What does the "case" say?

How does a seller "open a case" when the buyer paid? AFAIK, the seller can only open an UID (unpaid item dispute) but it can't be opened if the item was paid for.

What does the "case" say?
I sent message to the seller, informing her that I didn't receive the item. I asked for a tracking number. The seller updated a tracking number the same day and replied curtly with shipping date, expected delivery date and the tracking number info. I immediately checked and replied that the delivery was to another state. I asked her to re-confirm the tracking number. She did not reply, but the tracking number associated with the purchase changed. I checked again and this time, delivery was to the correct address.

At this time, I was having mail delivered to a holding facility because I was stationed overseas (still am, most of the time). There was probably some error or missing info in the address on the parcel, because it had arrived, but the holding facility could not match it to me. Once I gave them the tracking info, they found the parcel. I replied via ebay to inform the seller that the item had been located.

4 days later, eBay informs me that the seller has opened a case against me, and that because she provided tracking info proving delivery, they have closed the case and decided refund will not be issued. It was weird because I had never requested a refund or even mentioned it in my correspondence. All I ever wanted was a tracking number.

As a seller how often do you find buyers are leaving you feedback?

It seems more and more buyers aren't bothering or don't want to commit. I don't think it's because I've done anything disappointing :angel: I pack things really well, despatch quickly and try to describe in detail.

It's on small items that it really bugs me, anything under £20 I post with proof of posting only. Buyers just don't want to pay the high cost of signed for but I've no way of knowing if/when it's arrived other than by feedback :graucho:

As a seller how often do you find buyers are leaving you feedback?

It seems more and more buyers aren't bothering or don't want to commit. I don't think it's because I've done anything disappointing :angel: I pack things really well, despatch quickly and try to describe in detail.

It's on small items that it really bugs me, anything under £20 I post with proof of posting only. Buyers just don't want to pay the high cost of signed for but I've no way of knowing if/when it's arrived other than by feedback :graucho:
I've noticed a definite drop in feedback from buyers. My last 5 sales have received no feedback after several weeks. My level of service and quality of items is the same, so this is strange.

When your package is shipped in the same county, but then it's sent to another state.:eek:
It just seems to be moving further away from me. :lol:
View attachment 3737443

Hopefully, it got out of Phoenix. Apparently it's so hot there that planes can't take off.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...o-hot-phoenix-they-cant-fly-planes/410766001/

I have been waiting for a FedEx package that has been in Southern California for 5 days. I live about 3.5 hrs from where the package is. It is due to arrive in 2 more days. Maybe a land turtle is being used to transport it. :confused1:
Latest update:

fedex tracking.JPG

Hopefully, it got out of Phoenix. Apparently it's so hot there that planes can't take off.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...o-hot-phoenix-they-cant-fly-planes/410766001/

I have been waiting for a FedEx package that has been in Southern California for 5 days. I live about 3.5 hrs from where the package is. It is due to arrive in 2 more days. Maybe a land turtle is being used to transport it. :confused1:
Latest update:

View attachment 3737574
That's odd! Must be a bad mail day mix up. :amazed:
My roommate was telling me about that, hopefully my package doesn't melt out there. :shocked:

Quite often find I get loads of watchers and item doesn't sell, this can go on go on for weeks. They are obviously hoping I'll drop my price, or have one themselves to sell,...........can anyone think of any other reasons?.

Latest update:

View attachment 3737574
I worked for Fedex 25 yrs, the problem is in the atmosphere, the planes can't get lift to take off. It's rare, but it happens. More in the Northeast than in CA where humidity is so low.

Quite often find I get loads of watchers and item doesn't sell, this can go on go on for weeks. They are obviously hoping I'll drop my price, or have one themselves to sell,...........can anyone think of any other reasons?.

I will often put an item on my watch list just out of curiosity to see how much it sells for, or if the asking price seems too high and I want to see if it actually sells at that price. Sometimes I'm surprised!

I had an item on BIN that sat for weeks with many watchers but no buyers. I listed it as an auction and it got a bid immediately. Auctions are more risky because of non-paying bidders, but sometimes I think it helps to change an approach that's not working.

Reactions: nicole0612
Looks like yet another Non Paying Buyer, it's getting ridiculous, seems to be every week now. Maybe they'll still pay but 3 days and not a word doesn't sound hopeful :tdown:

How long so most of you leave it before you pay?

And how long do sellers consider reasonable before you open an unpaid item case?

How many unpaid item strikes can you actually get before EBay penalise you ???

I just tried to google the question and haven't come up with an answer. My guess is Ebay don't ever actually do anything :sad: .........perhaps if you get 100!!

Looks like yet another Non Paying Buyer, it's getting ridiculous, seems to be every week now. Maybe they'll still pay but 3 days and not a word doesn't sound hopeful :tdown:

How long so most of you leave it before you pay?

And how long do sellers consider reasonable before you open an unpaid item case?

I always pay immediately after winning which in turn prompts some of the fastest shipping you've ever seen.

Are you using the Unpaid Item Assistant to automatically open cases for you? It's a godsend. I have mine set to 2 days. It's pissed off a couple of dawdling buyers but it gets results. I highly recommend using it to save your sanity.