eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

I’ve sold bags on eBay via the authenticator process and no issues. Just don’t leave on any accessories like a twilly as they cannot authenticate them and will try to send them back even if attached to the bag.

Ok, I’m about to go nuclear. As I have put on here I do report fake Mulberrys on EBay. It’s usually from the serial disc and that leather logo. They have rejected them all! Even one where the same serial number was used on other bags?? 😡😡

I would still have it authenticated here, regardless. I’ve seen some fakes listed with “authenticity guarantee” - of course I’ve no idea whether those items passed their authentication, but it does make me skeptical.

It's about bloody time !!! Speaking of time, let's hope the sleazeballs that have been sentenced to jail time actually SERVE their full sentences.

It's just a damn shame that the guy at the top (or should that be BOTTOM?) of the Ebay swamp walked away without even a slap on the wrist. There's no way all this could have gone on without his knowledge and his outright approval. General Motors has him now and may they choke on him.

For anyone not familiar with the disgusting story -

eBay stalking scandal​

"...Members of eBay's executive leadership had long been bothered by the couple's posts. Under pressure in early 2019 to enhance performance, the company felt a new sense of urgency. For example, in April 2019, Wenig sent the post about how outsized his compensation was compared to typical employees to eBay’s chief communications officer at the time, Steve Wymer.[6] Wymer replied that eBay was "going to crush this lady."[6] Wenig texted Wymer weeks later: "Take her down."[6] Wymer took their concerns to the head of eBay's security division, Jim Baugh, whose team began harassing the Steiners at home and online.[6] Wymer texted Baugh that Ina Steiner was a "biased troll who needs to be BURNED DOWN;" that he wants "to see ashes;" and that Baugh should do "whatever it takes"...

Devin Wenig​

"...A cyberstalking and harassment campaign against the owners of the online newsletter ECommerceBytes occurred in 2019. This eventually led to charges against seven members of eBay's global security team. The harassment began after an article was published in ECommerceBytes about eBay's litigation against Amazon. Wenig texted a communications executive "If you are ever going to take her [ECommerceBytes writer Ina Steiner] down... now is the time." A subsequentcyberstalking and harassment campaign against the newsletter's authors led to charges against seven members of eBay's global security team. Wenig was not charged in the case...."
...a new twist! :shocked:

• Wow
Reactions: limom
Feeling so played by eBay right now.

I shipped a jewellery item to France on January 22. EBay gave estimated delivery window of 4 - 8 February. Yesterday the buyer opened an INR; the delivery was last tracked on 6 February when handed over to the local postal service in Northern France for delivery. So buyer is well within her rights to make a claim.

The issue is that eBay gave a delivery estimate based on metropolitan France - a major town or centre - and my buyer is in a tiny and remote village in the high mountains (a very long and complicated address).
According to my post office there’s nothing out of the ordinary with the delivery, it takes a long time from regional collection to destination and will probably be delivered next week, within the very approximate 28 day time frame they provide for remote, regional France.
There was almost no chance of the item being delivered within the eBay time frame, but I didn’t realise that when I shipped it. The PO won’t even let me lodge an enquiry yet because it’s too soon.

It may turn out to be a missing item after all, but eBay has really let me down by providing the wrong delivery estimate in the first place and not allowing for irregular scans from local delivery agents, and I’m going to be paying out.

Lesson learned! I’m going to be much more cautious going forward. Hope this helps someone else.

• Wow
Reactions: whateve

I shipped a jewellery item to France on January 22. EBay gave estimated delivery window of 4 - 8 February. Yesterday the buyer opened an INR; the delivery was last tracked on 6 February when handed over to the local postal service in Northern France for delivery. So buyer is well within her rights to make a claim.

The issue is that eBay gave a delivery estimate based on metropolitan France - a major town or centre - and my buyer is in a tiny and remote village in the high mountains (a very long and complicated address).
According to my post office there’s nothing out of the ordinary with the delivery, it takes a long time from regional collection to destination and will probably be delivered next week, within the very approximate 28 day time frame they provide for remote, regional France.
There was almost no chance of the item being delivered within the eBay time frame, but I didn’t realise that when I shipped it. The PO won’t even let me lodge an enquiry yet because it’s too soon.

It may turn out to be a missing item after all, but eBay has really let me down by providing the wrong delivery estimate in the first place and not allowing for irregular scans from local delivery agents, and I’m going to be paying out.

Lesson learned! I’m going to be much more cautious going forward. Hope this helps someone else.
Respond to the case with tracking information and what the post office told you. Hopefully someone at ebay will allow a delay of a week or two before closing the case in her favor, or the buyer will wait to escalate. Usually there is a period of time once a case is opened before she is allowed to escalate, maybe at least a week?

• Insightful
Reactions: 880

Best not selling anything expensive overseas.

Respond to the case with tracking information and what the post office told you. Hopefully someone at ebay will allow a delay of a week or two before closing the case in her favor, or the buyer will wait to escalate. Usually there is a period of time once a case is opened before she is allowed to escalate, maybe at least a week?

Thanks! There doesn’t seem to be any recourse at this stage though.
I haven’t been able to get through to a human at eBay and I’ve been trying on and off all day.
I’m only given options to provide proof of delivery, refund or send message to seller.
I sent a message to the seller yesterday requesting that she allow more time due to Post Office delivery advice but no response. She hasn’t communicated with me at all so is just after a refund through eBay.

Refunding isn’t going to break the bank but it’s a lousy situation for reasons already stated and if ultimately it’s delivered as I expect it will be I won’t even get a small payout from the Post Office for missing item.

What eBay has done with the original incorrect delivery estimate (and dare I say what the buyer might have taken advantage of) is a loophole in the system that’s put me in a no-win situation. It’s really wrong and so far I can’t find a way to do anything about it :sad:

• Angry
Reactions: whateve