eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

I would think so too, but that is what eBay customer service told me. Of course we know the accuracy of that may vary. She had one feedback.
My seller got back to me yesterday morning and said she didn't know what was going on and would contact ebay. Since I had already contacted them I knew the problem was that she did not have her paypal account linked to her ebay account to accept payments. On the listing it says "paypal/credit cards by paypal" for the payment method.
She is a new seller, so I get the feeling she doesn't know what she is doing and isn't very motivated to follow through. I replied to her yesterday explaining what she had to do so that I could pay, then sent her another message this morning that was never answered.
The relevant question now is how long I have to wait before this order can be cancelled if she never gets her account set up so that I can pay. Would it be on the date listed as the delivery date on ebay? (even though I can't pay for it). That is June 15th.
I purchased the item because I needed it for an event, but I don't want to order another option until I know whether this one will end up being cancelled or not.

My seller got back to me yesterday morning and said she didn't know what was going on and would contact ebay. Since I had already contacted them I knew the problem was that she did not have her paypal account linked to her ebay account to accept payments. On the listing it says "paypal/credit cards by paypal" for the payment method.
She is a new seller, so I get the feeling she doesn't know what she is doing and isn't very motivated to follow through. I replied to her yesterday explaining what she had to do so that I could pay, then sent her another message this morning that was never answered.
The relevant question now is how long I have to wait before this order can be cancelled if she never gets her account set up so that I can pay. Would it be on the date listed as the delivery date on ebay? (even though I can't pay for it). That is June 15th.
I purchased the item because I needed it for an event, but I don't want to order another option until I know whether this one will end up being cancelled or not.
That's nuts because she's going to be paying a FVF on the sale. Chances are she won't know to call for a credit, nor should she get it if she's not even willing to figure out how to let you pay.

Reactions: nicole0612
That's nuts because she's going to be paying a FVF on the sale. Chances are she won't know to call for a credit, nor should she get it if she's not even willing to figure out how to let you pay.
I returned an item and told the seller she needed to file a cancellation request with ebay in order to get her fees back. She thanked me but never did it. I wonder if she ever did call to get her fees back.

I have a buyer that started a return. I just noticed that on my ebay seller page, it says refund due date is 6/11, but when I look at the return detail, it says the buyer has to ship back by 6/13. Why would I have to refund before she ships?

I have a buyer that started a return. I just noticed that on my ebay seller page, it says refund due date is 6/11, but when I look at the return detail, it says the buyer has to ship back by 6/13. Why would I have to refund before she ships?
Can you reply to the request (to document it) that you can't refund before shipping and call ebay to question them about it?

Reactions: Catbird9
Can you reply to the request (to document it) that you can't refund before shipping and call ebay to question them about it?
No, I can't reply. The request was automatically approved by ebay when she requested it, since I accept returns and she was doing a normal (not SNAD) return. I hope they don't snatch the money before she actually sends it.

I purchased an item last night with buy it now and an error message popped up immediately with code 5100003 and the item page closed out instead of going to the payment page. I went into my purchases and tried to pay for the item that way, but got a message that it could not be completed and to contact the seller. I sent a message to the seller, then called ebay. They told me that the error message meant that the seller did not have their paypal linked to ebay, so there was not a way to pay them, and ebay sent a message to the seller. I'm wondering what happens now. The seller has not been responsive to questions, but that is not totally unusual in my experience on ebay, so I purchased the item anyway. If the seller never sets up a way to be paid, will I have this "unpaid" item in my history forever? Do I call ebay at a certain point to remove the item from my purchase history?

Update:
Of course I sent the seller messages as well since the purchase.
Day 1: I called eBay and they said they would send the seller a message about how to link her paypal account to accept that payment.
Day 2: I called eBay again, they had no response from the seller and offered to call her by phone.
Day 3, today: eBay called me and said that the seller never answered or retuned their calls. They offered to keep trying or just cancel the sale. I decided to cancel.
That was fairly easy in the end, though I still wish I could get the item. It was not a great price, but it was pretty.
eBay is always very helpful to me as a buyer, I like that they are always available to talk and to do behind the scenes work for me. Of course, I know the advice from CS is not always correct, but it’s better than not being able to talk to a real human on some other websites.

To report a seller for misrepresenting the item location, go to your purchase history and click on the item. Navigate to the original listing, and on the right side of the page just above the description box, click on Report Item. On the drop-down menus, select Listing practices, then Other listing practices, then Item location misrepresentation.

Thank you! Reported them today.

It sucks no one else mentioned this in their feedback :/

Hello! I tried to search for this issue but didn’t find it exactly, so here goes. I won an auction on Monday for a poorly listed bag for a VERY good price and free shipping. I actually felt guilty for it bc I hadn’t even noticed the free shipping when I bid. I even thought it might be a new seller or something. I kept noticing she hadn’t shipped yet, and then when I checked yesterday, she had canceled the sale. I would understand canceling bc the price was so good for me - it’s a little against the principle of the auction, but I do understand. Anyway, I’m supposed to click a link to approve the cancelation once I receive the refund. I’ve been checking PayPal but have not seen the refund yet. I am not sure exactly when she canceled...how long would it take for the refund to show up?

Since then, I dug around in her reviews more thoroughly and found negs from over a year ago where she canceled the order and did not start the refund. So I’m just not sure how long to wait before escalating? The statement in the ebay app says they’ll send me an email confirmation but I’ve never gotten one. Any advice?

Hello! I tried to search for this issue but didn’t find it exactly, so here goes. I won an auction on Monday for a poorly listed bag for a VERY good price and free shipping. I actually felt guilty for it bc I hadn’t even noticed the free shipping when I bid. I even thought it might be a new seller or something. I kept noticing she hadn’t shipped yet, and then when I checked yesterday, she had canceled the sale. I would understand canceling bc the price was so good for me - it’s a little against the principle of the auction, but I do understand. Anyway, I’m supposed to click a link to approve the cancelation once I receive the refund. I’ve been checking PayPal but have not seen the refund yet. I am not sure exactly when she canceled...how long would it take for the refund to show up?

Since then, I dug around in her reviews more thoroughly and found negs from over a year ago where she canceled the order and did not start the refund. So I’m just not sure how long to wait before escalating? The statement in the ebay app says they’ll send me an email confirmation but I’ve never gotten one. Any advice?
Don't agree to the cancellation until the refund is IN your paypal account. (Even then, you might not want to agree since sellers are supposed to use reserves if they're unwilling to sell before a minimum price is met.)

Don't agree to the cancellation until the refund is IN your paypal account. (Even then, you might not want to agree since sellers are supposed to use reserves if they're unwilling to sell before a minimum price is met.)

Thanks! I definitely wasn’t going to agree until I saw the refund. I decided just now to contact her and ask why it was canceled and see what she says. If she was a new seller, I wouldn’t mind so much. It can be confusing at first. But since she’s experienced, I might push back a little.

Reactions: Wei Wei