Downsizing a collection: which Kelly should I let go of?

Lifestyles change as we journey through the years. A purse that you have prior to kids may be different than the purse you have when they are an infant and toddler. Even if one does not have kids there is the purse for work versus the purses you use once those years come to a close. Where I am going with this is to envision that would best suit your needs in all phases of life. If a purse is too large and/or heavy, does not suit your frame, then the choice is a no brainer.

I am similar to OP that box scares me so I traded mine. If you are unsure, let it rest, sleep on it and the answer will come. The worst would be to sell and have remorse later.

I agree with everything, however, I love box, even just to look at.
It's difficult for me to part with my things so like your thoughts, it's best to wait till/if you are ready

My first k was a 28 sellier in a bright colour. The bag was beautiful but like ur case, it didnt fit my lifestyle and was barely used. So in the end, made the painful decision to let it go. These bags are far too beautiful and expensive to sit in the closet. My 2 cents is to let go those u hv not used in the past yr, that is a clear indicator. Good luck with ur decision. :smile:

I have a bbk 28 retourne GHW and I find it's the Kelly I use the most because of its versatility - it actually goes very well with casual or slightly dressed-up styles. Yes try to use it for a week and see. When you get over the 'scratch anxiety' you'll love it!

I would let go of the 32 because of its bulky-ness. Not sure about your age but I find as I get older i prefer light bags to look more chic and light as i age.

But then if where you live rains a lot you may not want your Kelly collection in boxcalf only.

Best of luck!

I felt the same way about box, and now it is my favorite because it is so light. I use my BBK and navy-blue box 28s more often than other bags. I would get rid of the 32, because I know what you mean about it being bulky. I tried to convince myself they weren't, but frankly, they looked too big and weighed too much for me to justify keeping (still have kept one of my 32s, but that's because it is a green-Ardennes, and so hard to find again).

Here's my advice: sell the 32, and then carry the red and black box each for a week, and then decide which one to sell. Don't keep bags you don't use:smile:

Thanks! I'm going to take the box Kelly out and try it out again for a bit this weekend. I like my box Kelly a lot and the size is a huge factor in me having trouble to let it go. If I had a choice and unlimited funds, I think I would definitely keep all my Kellys and add more. I love my BBK's lightness. How did you get over the scratch factor of box?

Also, green Ardennes sounds absolutely amazing!! Do you have a picture to share? :P

If I had to pick one outta your three Kelly bags, it would be 28 black box retourne GHW. Retourne is pretty laid back style with box leather twist. I adore box so I may be a lil' biased.

Too many bags in my closet would drive me nuts. YAY! to the healthy closet.
Rami, I must confess your lovely and small collection is what drives me to really consider which bags I would love to keep. I admire your philosophy in how you curated your bag collection! I see you're a lambskin girl over in Chanel forum so I bet you are absolutely just a more graceful wearer of bags than I am, haha. Box is definitely so easy to admire - my fiance wants me to keep my BBK28 because it looks "newer" than my Kelly 32. I'm having second thoughts again.

BBK 28 since you don't use it much. I would keep the black 32 and RH 28 just because every girl needs a pop of color [emoji6]... I hear you on the the downsizing bit. These bags are just too expensive to be sitting around. Keep what you use regularly! All the best with your decision[emoji173]️
Thanks! You're right, RH28 is so beautiful, just enough pop for an all-black type of girl like myself!

DO NOT do this! crazy talk indeed. Hehe
:P:P

I had a very similar collection to yours: Rouge H sellier K28 (mine in box with GHW), noir box retourné 28 GHW (like yours), a gold Togo K28 retourné - and a K32 noir chèvre sellier with BPHW on order.

I sold the BBK 28 with GHW. I loved it, but I didn't use it much, and in my case GHW didn't work for me on that bag.
I kept the Rouge H K28, even though I almost NEVER carry it, just because it is SO beautiful, I will never find one like it again, and it is a wonderful bag for very special occasions.
I kept the gold K28 (which is brand new) but I'm going to sell it for a dark K28 with PHW when I find one. I find PHW more versatile and casual.
And a black chèvre K32 is a VERY useful, practical, beautiful bag, assuming you like chèvre.

It really depends on a) whether hardware is a big issue to you (it is to me) and b) how versatile you find the Kelly. You say yours don't go to work except for the 32, and none of them come out on the weekends....so it sounds as though you may not really be a Kelly person after all. But, if I were you, I'd certainly sell the BBK. You're not using it and it's not as special as the red sellier.
QuelleFromage,
Wow, you have such similar taste to me!! A Rouge H K28 in box sounds heavenly. I think I also want to have the best of both worlds and a dark K28 with PHW sounds sooo up my alley. For me I like both PHW and GHW though so it's (too) easy for me to love a bag! I used to be only PHW/shw type of girl but as time goes on I find that GHW strikes my fancy more and more.

I love the Kelly bag, the idea of it. It is versatile but I feel like Goldilocks concerning the size of the bag sometimes. And I do think as time goes on as another poster so eloquently put, that I will have more uses for a box Kelly. But for the time being I think I should probably let her go to a better home.

Oh, and I do adore chevre and it's a huge factor in why I would love to keep my K32. I would love more H bags in chevre.

Thanks everyone for all your helpful posts! I know I promised pictures but I was lazy last night so I will post some pics of my bags after I pull them up tonight and do a family shot.

And just as an update - I'm leaning toward selling my BBK28 right now but also considering letting go of the black 32 to buy a new black Kelly 28 in chevre with GHW if I can find one. I think I love the 28 size but also love chevre leather so for me that combo would be my dream combo in a black kelly.

Thanks again for all your help and thoughtful advice.

You have a very nice H collection. I understand a lot of courage is needed to downsize. And I agree with one of the TPFers: we are so LUCKY to have this "problem"... Thanks for starting this thread... truly. :heart:

You have a very nice H collection. I understand a lot of courage is needed to downsize. And I agree with one of the TPFers: we are so LUCKY to have this "problem"... Thanks for starting this thread... truly. :heart:
This is so true...we can never forget that every "problem" like this is a luxury and great good fortune.

Thanks everyone for all your helpful posts! I know I promised pictures but I was lazy last night so I will post some pics of my bags after I pull them up tonight and do a family shot.

And just as an update - I'm leaning toward selling my BBK28 right now but also considering letting go of the black 32 to buy a new black Kelly 28 in chevre with GHW if I can find one. I think I love the 28 size but also love chevre leather so for me that combo would be my dream combo in a black kelly.

I think that's a good idea!

Remember that chèvre is SO only (and no more CdC, if you prefer Coromandel) so it could take some time to order a chèvre K28. Last chèvre SO I placed they ran out of chèvre in the colors I wanted and I had to change leathers; I am not the only forum member this happened to.
I'm not sure I would let go a chèvre K easily because of this - only once I identified its replacement or at least had an SO in progress.

Totally agree. Chevre Kelly is getting very hard to find and those in good condition are becoming unicorn. Once people have them, they are well loved and rarely let go. So I would not let go yours just yet.