Downsizing a collection: which Kelly should I let go of?

You have had plenty of good advice so far, so I don't have anything to add. Just wanted to say well done for making the hard decision to let some of your bags go. I too am going through the same process. It's difficult, but if you have bags that you rarely use and don't suit your lifestyle its best to let them go and put the funds towards something else. Once you get in that mindset you will know in your heart which ones can go.

Due to how hard these bags are to come by I find myself thinking that I will never get another one, so need to hold on to what I have, but something else comes along at some point! Also if you don't use them, then what are they adding to my life?

I am letting a k and a b go.

Stay strong!

Thanks! I'm going to take the box Kelly out and try it out again for a bit this weekend. I like my box Kelly a lot and the size is a huge factor in me having trouble to let it go. If I had a choice and unlimited funds, I think I would definitely keep all my Kellys and add more. I love my BBK's lightness. How did you get over the scratch factor of box?

Also, green Ardennes sounds absolutely amazing!! Do you have a picture to share? :P

Just try it for a weekend. I kept thinking I should sell it, because of the same fear of scratches. Heck, I have small kids, so I was so weary of scratches, but I got a preloved one (in great condition, but not perfect), so I carried it a couple times and kept thinking I was going to scratch it. Then, I thought I would sell it, but decided to carry it for a week first, and that's when it clicked, it was chic, and casual, yet also dressy somehow, and light, compared to my 32s, and I didn't notice scratches on it despite carrying it for a week.

Plus, I wore it to a Lounoutin event, where there were tons of women with big Bs, and even another K, but a seller 32, and that's when I realized I loved my BBK 28, it is different from many of the bigger, brighter bags in Togo and Clemence I see so often where I live (and don't get me wrong, these bags are beautiful) It is a little under-the-radar, which I prefer.

I will post a photo of my green-Ardennes tomorrow. Don't forget to post photos of the 3 bags so we can give you even more opinions :P

You have a very nice H collection. I understand a lot of courage is needed to downsize. And I agree with one of the TPFers: we are so LUCKY to have this "problem"... Thanks for starting this thread... truly. :heart:
Thank you for reminding me to count my blessings today. You are so right. Hope we all continue to be so blessed in the future ❤️

Remember that chèvre is SO only (and no more CdC, if you prefer Coromandel) so it could take some time to order a chèvre K28. Last chèvre SO I placed they ran out of chèvre in the colors I wanted and I had to change leathers; I am not the only forum member this happened to.
I'm not sure I would let go a chèvre K easily because of this - only once I identified its replacement or at least had an SO in progress.

I do like my cdc a lot, and I have also heard chevre is getting harder and harder to come by. Thank you for the word of caution!

Just try it for a weekend. I kept thinking I should sell it, because of the same fear of scratches. Heck, I have small kids, so I was so weary of scratches, but I got a preloved one (in great condition, but not perfect), so I carried it a couple times and kept thinking I was going to scratch it. Then, I thought I would sell it, but decided to carry it for a week first, and that's when it clicked, it was chic, and casual, yet also dressy somehow, and light, compared to my 32s, and I didn't notice scratches on it despite carrying it for a week.

Plus, I wore it to a Lounoutin event, where there were tons of women with big Bs, and even another K, but a seller 32, and that's when I realized I loved my BBK 28, it is different from many of the bigger, brighter bags in Togo and Clemence I see so often where I live (and don't get me wrong, these bags are beautiful) It is a little under-the-radar, which I prefer.

I will post a photo of my green-Ardennes tomorrow. Don't forget to post photos of the 3 bags so we can give you even more opinions :P

I just posted the pics of my 3 bags! Thanks again for all your advice and experience.

previously i said let go the black box but i change my mind. i would keep it. gee, i have labeled myself as a "downsize queen" but i don't think i earn the title. i want to keep all 3 kellys now

I would sell the K28 black box retourne. It's beautiful, but I understand not wanting to have several bags you don't use much.

You have a lot of black bags, so I would keep the red K28. Also, the K32 does sound very useful for work conferences, so I would keep it too.

previously i said let go the black box but i change my mind. i would keep it. gee, i have labeled myself as a "downsize queen" but i don't think i earn the title. i want to keep all 3 kellys now

Hahaha honhon!!! Please don't enable me...! It's very hard for me to let her go but I think that I should. K32 is useful to me for work so I am quite happy to keep her but the box Kelly should go to someone who would actually use it.

I would sell the K28 black box retourne. It's beautiful, but I understand not wanting to have several bags you don't use much.

You have a lot of black bags, so I would keep the red K28. Also, the K32 does sound very useful for work conferences, so I would keep it too.

Thank you guiliana!! Yes, K32 is a great size for work since I can stuff a lot in there.

I just posted the pics of my 3 bags! Thanks again for all your advice and experience.

Omg, your red Kelly is gorgeous, why don't you use it more often?! It is dark enough to be a more-subtle red, and the fjord, just gorgeous.

I took photos of my Ardennes, but the lighting wasn't good, so I will try to take and post a better one tomorrow,

I know the chèvre is hard to come by, but if you don't use it, sell it. I am not a fan of keeping bags that don't get used.

Give each bag a week, carry just that bag, and make the decision:biggrin:

+1. All beautiful but I would keep for sure the rouge H and the K32

Totally agree. Chevre Kelly is getting very hard to find and those in good condition are becoming unicorn. Once people have them, they are well loved and rarely let go. So I would not let go yours just yet.

I recently bought a cdc K. The moment I saw it, I loved[emoji173]️.
Your post affirms my attraction to this bag.
Thanks for the support.
To reply within the focus of this thread, keep the cdc!