Dooney Lovers--Post Up Your NON-DOONEY Favorites

They actually refer to it as the "rose" on the Brahmin website. Funny, because I have only seen you gals refer to it by the eye or medallion. Then I came across it on the website and mentioned it to one of the Brahmin SA's when I was trying to describe what I was looking for on a bag. She remarked how some people call it the medallion and quickly noted the medallion is the hanging metal logo. She also mentioned some people call it the eye. :biggrin:
Interesting. Years ago when I first started buying Brahmin, I was told by Brahmin's telephone support that it is called the "croc medallion" and that some people called it the eye. :lol: I used to call their CS and order direct; they would actually go through some bags to find one for me with the medallion placed where I wanted it. I have never heard of the "rose" and I've been buying Brahmin for years. I have also never called the hang tag the medallion. LOL

Last edited:
Interesting. Years ago when I first started buying Brahmin, I was told by Brahmin's telephone support that it is called the "croc medallion" and that some people called it the eye. :lol: I used to call their CS and order direct; they would actually go through some bags to find one for me with the medallion placed where I wanted it. I have never heard of the "rose" and I've been buying Brahmin for years. I have also never called the hang tag the medallion. LOL
I have to say I was a bit thrown when I read it after seeing it referred to as something else. I am very new to Brahmin (2015), so who am I to argue. And, I will be darned if I can find the text on the website now. It was a description of the Melbourne Croco talking about the belly, and the horned pattern, and the "rose". It was rather interesting actually. Go figure. If I come across it, I will post for the heck of it.

Found it!

https://brahminusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21/related/1
What is Melbourne?
Published 10/08/2014 04:14 PM | Updated 10/10/2014 07:56 AM
Melbourne is the name of our crocodile embossed leather. This is a hornback crocodile where the tall spikes of the “spine” are pronounced and contrast the flatter smooth “belly." We refer to the circular section of the spine as the "rose".

Well, this weekend I finally did it! I decided to treat myself for my b-day and got my first LV. I will be carrying it today for the first time for dinner!
I got the classic speedy 30 in the DE print. I think it's the perfect size! Can't wait to carry it tonight. It's so lightweight too. I was surprised by that. I added my Laduree charm to give her an extra pop of color.
Thank you Sarah (MiaBorsa) for all info to help me decide what to get and for your advice on what to expect when buying it. Here's a quick pic I took this morning.
SmallDSC03392WM.jpg

Well, this weekend I finally did it! I decided to treat myself for my b-day and got my first LV. I will be carrying it today for the first time for dinner!
I got the classic speedy 30 in the DE print. I think it's the perfect size! Can't wait to carry it tonight. It's so lightweight too. I was surprised by that. I added my Laduree charm to give her an extra pop of color.
Thank you Sarah (MiaBorsa) for all info to help me decide what to get and for your advice on what to expect when buying it. Here's a quick pic I took this morning.
View attachment 3502909

Congrats MB!!! A little birdie told me you were going!!! Happy Birthday and congratulations!! It's gorgeous! Get ready, this can start an addiction!!!!!

Congrats MB!!! A little birdie told me you were going!!! Happy Birthday and congratulations!! It's gorgeous! Get ready, this can start an addiction!!!!!
Thanks T!
Yes, I knew that! Miss Birdie gave me your message. I totally understand what you mean, I've been browsing their site a lot lately and there are a lot of pretties there!

View attachment 3502909
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your dinner with your new beauty. Love the charm too.

View attachment 3502909

Congrats MB!! And Happy Birthday!! She's gorgeous!

View attachment 3502909
You will love your new Speedy. I have quite a collection of LV bags including four Speedy's now. How pretty!