Dooney Deals... Chat

Hi Ladies! I got a bordeaux toscana regular size satchel. This is only my 3rd handbag purchase this entire year! I have wanted this one for at least a year....price just too good to pass up. I also got a Carrington pouch. I am contemplating the toscana side zip tote........but I did a major purge when we moved several months ago and storage is such an issue. Thanks for posting abou the sale!

PS is there no longer a purseform app? I cant find it in the App Store??

Mornin' KC!
It's so good to hear from you! I've been wondering how your move went and if you're enjoying your new beginning? I hope all is well!
Congrats on the Toscana satchel! I bought a red Toscana satchel when it debuted. I paid full price for it because I really wanted it. I had no idea it would eventually have a 60% price drop! I carried it for 4 months straight, then off and on for another 3 months, but haven't carried it since May, when I bought my Coach Tyler tote that I've been carrying every day since May 10th. The moral of the story is I shouldn't have been so impulsive. (I thought I learned that lesson already!) At some point there will be a better price, sometimes sooner than later. For example: Dooney reintroduced Colette on QVC about a month ago for $248.00. I was watching last night's Dooney show and Colette is already at a clearance price of $184.86, 25% off! It pays to wait! I still have my red Colette and I may pull her out again soon.

I also have a red Carrington pouch that I bought for 50% off ($44.00) on ILD. Now it's $35.00 but I'm okay with a small difference like that. Congrats on your new Carrington pouch!

Hi Ladies! I got a bordeaux toscana regular size satchel. This is only my 3rd handbag purchase this entire year! I have wanted this one for at least a year....price just too good to pass up. I also got a Carrington pouch. I am contemplating the toscana side zip tote........but I did a major purge when we moved several months ago and storage is such an issue. Thanks for posting abou the sale!

PS is there no longer a purseform app? I cant find it in the App Store??

Hi Kc,
Congrats on your bordeaux satchel! It is really pretty especially in Bordeaux!
Wow, 3rd bag in a year! I wish I was as good as you are.

Mornin' KC!
It's so good to hear from you! I've been wondering how your move went and if you're enjoying your new beginning? I hope all is well!
Congrats on the Toscana satchel! I bought a red Toscana satchel when it debuted. I paid full price for it because I really wanted it. I had no idea it would eventually have a 60% price drop! I carried it for 4 months straight, then off and on for another 3 months, but haven't carried it since May, when I bought my Coach Tyler tote that I've been carrying every day since May 10th. The moral of the story is I shouldn't have been so impulsive. (I thought I learned that lesson already!) At some point there will be a better price, sometimes sooner than later. For example: Dooney reintroduced Colette on QVC about a month ago for $248.00. I was watching last night's Dooney show and Colette is already at a clearance price of $184.86, 25% off! It pays to wait! I still have my red Colette and I may pull her out again soon.

I also have a red Carrington pouch that I bought for 50% off ($44.00) on ILD. Now it's $35.00 but I'm okay with a small difference like that. Congrats on your new Carrington pouch!
Hi GF :hugs:
I was thinking about you this morning when I found myself looking at the red satchel like yours.
I ordered the small front pocket satchel in red yesterday (shocking I know, since they also had blue but I already have 3 other blue toscanas, so I decided to go with red) but she's so pretty I couldn't resist staring at her.
I've seen you've been enjoying your red Tyler. I saw some of your posts on the coach forum. She is a very nice bag and looks stunning in red.
How was your summer?

Hi GF :hugs:
I was thinking about you this morning when I found myself looking at the red satchel like yours.
I ordered the small front pocket satchel in red yesterday (shocking I know, since they also had blue but I already have 3 other blue toscanas, so I decided to go with red) but she's so pretty I couldn't resist staring at her.
I've seen you've been enjoying your red Tyler. I saw some of your posts on the coach forum. She is a very nice bag and looks stunning in red.
How was your summer?
Hi MB!:love: :hugs:

I was reading your post and automatically thought blue when you said you ordered a small front pocket satchel! :lol: Sometimes you get red and I get blue. I bought a Denim Brahmin Debra in August and I love her! (Remember when I told you my phone wouldn't fit when you bought yours? I was wrong! Macy's, Union Square, had them for 25% off so I decided to give it one more try. If my phone was any bigger it wouldn't fit. And I only put my phone in it when I'm walking down the street to the store. I've been carrying it since mid August.)

Thanks! I LOVE Tyler! She is "almost" perfect! I still prefer more structured bags so I had to stop tripping on how she puddles, because everything else about her is great! She's a perfect size for me for every day. I never use the crossbody strap because the handles are long enough to fit over my shoulder. The front outside zipper pocket easily fits my phone and Debra wallet.

My summer was wonderful! The grandkids and I spent the summer in Vegas for the third year. It always goes too fast. And I just got back from Atlanta. I was visiting my 92 year old mother, and my brother and SIL. She's been living with them for 2 1/2 years.

How are things with you and your family? Your son must be getting big now! How is he enjoying school?

20170823_115107.jpg

Hi ladies!
I also moved this summer and my good size closet is filled with my bags. I have about 75 or so.
Some are older and I don't want to get rid of them. I also want a new bag with the web strap but when I look in my closet I feel guilty.
Good luck to everyone .
I'm trying to not purchase.

It's fun here on the dark side. I'm glad to have the company at the purse party. I'm going back to look for more..... the bone was calling my name all last night.
Ladies, congratulations on your finds. I'm glad you got colors that your love.

Mornin' KC!

Hey RN!! I remember when you get your red bag--did we call her Ruby? Sometimes a girl just cant wait for a sale! I also remember your Colette and your Carrington. I havent pulled the trigger yet on the side zip tote--kinda thinking I won't, even though I would love to have it.

The move has been so good for us. We see our grandson all the time. He stays with us at least one night per week and I love it! Hope all is well with you and your family.:smile: kc

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Hi Ladies, I too got sucked into that evil ILD vortex via Overstock.com. I had a coupon which gave me an extra 12% off. I have been forever looking at the Toscana Side Zip Tote so I bit the bullet and ordered navy. We'll see how I like it. I just need to satisfy my curiosity. If no good.....NEXT![emoji23] Like we don't already know that.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Hi Ladies, I too got sucked into that evil ILD vortex via Overstock.com. I had a coupon which gave me an extra 12% off. I have been forever looking at the Toscana Side Zip Tote so I bit the bullet and ordered navy. We'll see how I like it. I just need to satisfy my curiosity. If no good.....NEXT![emoji23] Like we don't already know that.

I had that bag in bordeaux and liked it. Navy or espresso were on my want list in it but it never worked out. Can't wait to see pics of yours :smile:

Hey RN!! I remember when you get your red bag--did we call her Ruby? Sometimes a girl just cant wait for a sale! I also remember your Colette and your Carrington. I havent pulled the trigger yet on the side zip tote--kinda thinking I won't, even though I would love to have it.

The move has been so good for us. We see our grandson all the time. He stays with us at least one night per week and I love it! Hope all is well with you and your family.:smile: kc

That's right! Now I remember, you suggested Ruby and it stuck! :smile: I took her out the closet yesterday to see how she's holding up. She's looking great! I'll carry her again one day.

I'm so happy the move has been good for you! All is well with me and my family! Sometimes when I'm with my grandchildren I just look at them and think how blessed I am to have this time with them. Being with them and watching them grow from 9/6/3 years old, to 12/9/6 years old is more rewarding than I could have ever imagined!
Wishing you and your family good health and happiness for years to come!:love:

I had that bag in bordeaux and liked it. Navy or espresso were on my want list in it but it never worked out. Can't wait to see pics of yours :smile:
Hi Aerinha, I seem to recall you having issues with your bag but can't find the post. I've been on the fence with the closure plus the scratch factor and yet I still go purchase.[emoji51] Must be my craving for a navy bag plus I like the look of it. I just need to see for myself to satisfy my curiosity.

Hi Aerinha, I seem to recall you having issues with your bag but can't find the post. I've been on the fence with the closure plus the scratch factor and yet I still go purchase.[emoji51] Must be my craving for a navy bag plus I like the look of it. I just need to see for myself to satisfy my curiosity.

I think my first issue was that, while not pebbled, the leather wasn't totally smooth and it just didn't wow me. Same thing for my espresso crossbody. Meanwhile my pine domed satchel is completely smooth and even though I was iffy on pine when I ordered, it is stunning. My second issue was the closure, but it wasn't too bad.

Reactions: YankeeDooney