Dooney Deals... Chat

Lord & Taylor has a few Dooneys for under $100. I was able to snatch a Blush Zip Zip satchel for $59.40. I just hope it ships and my order doesn't get cancelled. Fingers-crossed.

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/search/EndecaSearch.jsp?bmText=SearchString&Ntk=Entire+Site&Ns=P_sale_flag|1||P_clearance_flag|1||P_markdowndate|1||P_arrivaldate|1||P_brandname||P_product_code|1&N=0&N_Dim=0&Ntt=Dooney+&+Bourke
That's a great deal. The blush zip zip is beautiful.
You might have gotten the last one too.

I just ordered a blush Belvedere Logo Lock for $89.40.
I've wanted to try that leather. I added in a leather Gigi pouch
for $16.50 so I could get free shipping. Otherwise the shipping was
around $10, so the pouch was almost free.

I toyed with a Dooney saffiano mini Barlow crossbody for $68.40 in Hot Pink, but decided it was too small for me. Great buy, beautiful color, just not the right handbag for me. But oh so pretty and tempting at that price..

$89.40 is an amazing deal! That bag is $298 everywhere else. I was so tempted to purchase both but did not want to have two blush colored bags. I love a good deal.
I already have a blush zip zip. And I love the color. When I find an unusual color that I like I will often buy 2 handbags in totally different styles/sizes. With unusual colors I find that after the season is past they disappear, sometimes for years. Although Sue Clifton says that blush is going to be a big color this winter too. And I couldn't resist the LoLo at that price.
And that is why my handbags have taken over every inch of space in my apartment. ;)

Enjoy your blush zip zip.

Ive never seen this before, but came across it on Dooney.com

A SALUTE TO SERVICE
Dooney & Bourke salutes hard work, service, and sacrifice. We are proud to offer students, teachers, active duty military, veterans, reservist, National Guard, and military family members $30 off orders $150+ at dooney.com for a limited time.

None of this applies to me, but Im sure it will be a benefit for some of you here :smile:

Reactions: jules 8
Ive never seen this before, but came across it on Dooney.com

A SALUTE TO SERVICE
Dooney & Bourke salutes hard work, service, and sacrifice. We are proud to offer students, teachers, active duty military, veterans, reservist, National Guard, and military family members $30 off orders $150+ at dooney.com for a limited time.

None of this applies to me, but Im sure it will be a benefit for some of you here :smile:

They offered this and one for educators (I work in education) on Facebook a month or so ago, but when I clicked it, there was no mention of it on their site or details of how to redeem it.

Thursday, Sept 21...... QVC2 Deal of the Day, ends 8:59 pm EDT tonight.
Dooney Savannah hobo, $249, croco embossed, 5 colors.
Structured and roomy size. Regular QVC price a little
over $300.

I really like Dooney croco embossed handbags and the teal is
calling my name. I prefer a satchel and that's the only thing keeping me
from ordering this handbag..

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Thursday, Sept 21...... QVC2 Deal of the Day, ends 8:59 pm EDT tonight.
Dooney Savannah hobo, $249, croco embossed, 5 colors.
Structured and roomy size. Regular QVC price a little
over $300.

I really like Dooney croco embossed handbags and the teal is
calling my name. I prefer a satchel and that's the only thing keeping me
from ordering this handbag..

Hi GF,
I was about to post this. I too loved the teal and ended up ordering it. I loved the color since I saw a tote presented when they had the TSV, but I wasn't too sure of the style, but with this one, I had to get it since I love hobos, for me they are so easy to carry.
Now to wait a long week to get here.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Hi GF,
I was about to post this. I too loved the teal and ended up ordering it. I loved the color since I saw a tote presented when they had the TSV, but I wasn't too sure of the style, but with this one, I had to get it since I love hobos, for me they are so easy to carry.
Now to wait a long week to get here.
MB: I'm excited you saw the bag and ordered the teal. Hope it's a real winner. I have a teal Brahmin croco satchel, so I'm telling myself that
I shouldn't order a hobo, which isn't comfortable for me to hand carry.
But I will be on the look out for a sale on some other Dooney croco style in teal this year. It seems that Dooney is doing a lot of styles in the croco again, so maybe there will be just the right bag at just the right price in teal sometime in the next few months.

MB: I'm excited you saw the bag and ordered the teal. Hope it's a real winner. I have a teal Brahmin croco satchel, so I'm telling myself that
I shouldn't order a hobo, which isn't comfortable for me to hand carry.
But I will be on the look out for a sale on some other Dooney croco style in teal this year. It seems that Dooney is doing a lot of styles in the croco again, so maybe there will be just the right bag at just the right price in teal sometime in the next few months.

I'm so excited too. Can't wait to get it but you know how it is with the Q. It hasn't shipped yet. I hope it's in the process of shipping since it doesn't let me edit the order anymore, but it will still take about a week to get here.

Oh, GF, a Brahmin in teal must be gorgeous! Which one is it? I don't think I have any Brahmins in teal. I think the closest I have is a green one, I need to go and take it out to see what's the name of the color.

Yeah, I think they are doing the croco release again this year for fall and winter. I hope they do more styles in teal and charcoal. Good time to catch up in the colors we don't have. I still don't have anything in charcoal and cognac. In the smaller croco embossing (like the campbell, crocofino, etc), I have red, blue, bordeaux and ivy. I just realized I'm also missing the white one, forgot the name, I think YD has it, very pretty one. In the larger (older) croco, I have blue, wine, red, turquoise, fuchsia, burnt orange and olive. And I have gray and brown in the croco that was used in the lexignton styles. OMG, just thinking about all of them is making me crave some texture. I need to go and change into one of those or maybe one of the lizard ones.

Reactions: YankeeDooney
I'm so excited too. Can't wait to get it but you know how it is with the Q. It hasn't shipped yet. I hope it's in the process of shipping since it doesn't let me edit the order anymore, but it will still take about a week to get here.

Oh, GF, a Brahmin in teal must be gorgeous! Which one is it? I don't think I have any Brahmins in teal. I think the closest I have is a green one, I need to go and take it out to see what's the name of the color.

Yeah, I think they are doing the croco release again this year for fall and winter. I hope they do more styles in teal and charcoal. Good time to catch up in the colors we don't have. I still don't have anything in charcoal and cognac. In the smaller croco embossing (like the campbell, crocofino, etc), I have red, blue, bordeaux and ivy. I just realized I'm also missing the white one, forgot the name, I think YD has it, very pretty one. In the larger (older) croco, I have blue, wine, red, turquoise, fuchsia, burnt orange and olive. And I have gray and brown in the croco that was used in the lexignton styles. OMG, just thinking about all of them is making me crave some texture. I need to go and change into one of those or maybe one of the lizard ones.
I don't know the name of the Brahmin satchel, it was a Nordstrom exclusive during a fall sale a few years ago. I'll see if I have the tag.
Yes, we have collected a few of the various Dooney croco patterns and colors over the years. I think I like the croco fino the best, as far as the croco plate design goes, and the newer croco bags seem to be using a similar design. Also the texture isn't as shiny as in the past, and looks more realistic. :smile:
I think the teal is a relatively new color for Dooney croco. In the past I've seen black, browns, cognac, tan, wine and Bordeaux, grey, red, blue, green and even purple. I probably have most of these colors in one style or another. In the Barlow they added white/cream. I don't have that one, or teal in Dooney croco.

MB: I've been thinking about Dooney croco, and I remembered that years ago (maybe 10 years ago) Dooney did a high end croco line (Amazon???) made in Italy (?). They had the standard colors, but also a teal and a mustard, as well as a muted lavender/purple. I think there is one of each color somewhere in the back of my closet. An excavation might be in order. :smile: Years before that they had a collection call Bayou (?) that also featured croco embossing. I had a white drawstring in that collection with sky blue strap and trim. Stunning handbag, but I gave it away because it wouldn't stay on my shoulder. The strap was very wide and slippery.
Guess what goes around comes around and nothing is really new.