Dooney Deals... Chat

MB: I've been thinking about Dooney croco, and I remembered that years ago (maybe 10 years ago) Dooney did a high end croco line (Amazon???) made in Italy (?). They had the standard colors, but also a teal and a mustard, as well as a muted lavender/purple. I think there is one of each color somewhere in the back of my closet. An excavation might be in order. :smile: Years before that they had a collection call Bayou (?) that also featured croco embossing. I had a white drawstring in that collection with sky blue strap and trim. Stunning handbag, but I gave it away because it wouldn't stay on my shoulder. The strap was very wide and slippery.
Guess what goes around comes around and nothing is really new.
Oh yeah GF, I remember those. I have one of the barrel satchels in a wine croco from the bayou line. I remember I got it at a TJMaxx or Marshalls.
We also forgot the croco that they did around 2008-9, the one that had really big scales, when they had the Luna hobo and the Juliette satchels, the ones with the same kind of straps as the florentine toscanas, do you remember those?
Also there was a newer croco that was more expensive, kind of like the amazon, I don't remember the name of the collectionn. It was from a couple of years ago, I got the Camilla in black croco at the outlet.

Oh yeah GF, I remember those. I have one of the barrel satchels in a wine croco from the bayou line. I remember I got it at a TJMaxx or Marshalls.
We also forgot the croco that they did around 2008-9, the one that had really big scales, when they had the Luna hobo and the Juliette satchels, the ones with the same kind of straps as the florentine toscanas, do you remember those?
Also there was a newer croco that was more expensive, kind of like the amazon, I don't remember the name of the collectionn. It was from a couple of years ago, I got the Camilla in black croco at the outlet.
Yes, I do remember the croco line from a few years ago. I got a Camilla also. I don't remember the name of the line. At the same time they had the Sahara line, which was ostrich embossed. I also remember that Dooney had several iterations of larger croco embossing. I got a Sara bag (OK, more than one) many years ago in that large scale croco.

Yes, I do remember the croco line from a few years ago. I got a Camilla also. I don't remember the name of the line. At the same time they had the Sahara line, which was ostrich embossed. I also remember that Dooney had several iterations of larger croco embossing. I got a Sara bag (OK, more than one) many years ago in that large scale croco.
MB: The Camilla Croco is from the Caiman line. I just unearthed my green one and checked the paperwork inside. . It's a grass/kelly green color. No feet, but that doesn't bother me. Made in Italy and I bought it in early 2015. Maybe it was a St. Patrick's Day sale and that's why the green color was available.
Since it's still summer here, I'm mixing fall and summer colors in my outfits and accessories. The green croco handbag will be paired with slacks of the same color and a navy top. Jewelry TBD, probably gold and dark blue.
And this is how I try to rotate my collections and give more items their day out of the closet. :smile:

I Love Dooney, main site, Luxury Leathers, up to 60% off.
I saw lots of Florentine Toscana and Nuovo, plus other leathers.
Also a Samba satchel in natural, and the Samba mini in a few colors.
Some accessories also.

I ordered the Florentine Toscana Satchel in Grey. I've never seen that color in the style before. Looks like a lighter grey. I love the bombe detailing on the Flo Toscana.

I was also tempted by the Flo Nuovo Janine. I have that in pine green and it's beautiful. I must resist the temptation to collect every color in any style or leather I like.

The Flo Toscana satchel with the front pocket is also tempting at 60% off, but I'm concerned it will be both heavy and that the top won't fold over easily, so the handle drop will be very short and hard to carry that way.
I must find reasons to talk myself out of it.
Does anyone have a front pocket Flo Toscana?

Some accessories also.

I ordered the Florentine Toscana Satchel in Grey. I've never seen that color in the style before. Looks like a lighter grey. I love the bombe detailing on the Flo Toscana.

I was also tempted by the Flo Nuovo Janine. I have that in pine green and it's beautiful. I must resist the temptation to collect every color in any style or leather I like.

The Flo Toscana satchel with the front pocket is also tempting at 60% off, but I'm concerned it will be both heavy and that the top won't fold over easily, so the handle drop will be very short and hard to carry that way.

My wallet won't thank you :smile: but I ordered one of the small domed Toscana satchels in ginger. They were at $258 for so long I gave up but $147 I couldn't say no to. Had to decide between ginger, espresso and navy.

My wallet won't thank you :smile: but I ordered one of the small domed Toscana satchels in ginger. They were at $258 for so long I gave up but $147 I couldn't say no to. Had to decide between ginger, espresso and navy.
aerinha: tell your wallet I'm sorry. :smile: but your are right. At those prices I keep going back and looking for more things to buy. When there is a very good sale, I tend to lose some of my common sense.

So many of the colors are tempting. The ginger is very similar to a Flo natural that has developed a patina. In real life the ginger ones I have seen are not as dark or as red as the pictures on the Dooney site.
From reading the reviews, the navy is very, very dark. And people also love the espresso.

I have this leather in Bordeaux and it's stunning. I also got a pine green in the Flo Nuovo and it's a really beautiful and rich dark green. So I can personally recommend those colors too.

Last edited:
Some accessories also.

GF
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't ordered anything yet but I'm looking. I shouldn't but can't resist.
ETA: I ended up ordering the small pocket satchel in red. Too pretty to pass up.

Last edited:
aerinha: tell your wallet I'm sorry. :smile: but your are right. At those prices I keep going back and looking for more things to buy. When there is a very good sale, I tend to lose some of my common sense.

So many of the colors are tempting. The ginger is very similar to a Flo natural that has developed a patina. In real life the ginger ones I have seen are not as dark or as red as the pictures on the Dooney site.
From reading the reviews, the navy is very, very dark. And people also love the espresso.

I have this leather in Bordeaux and it's stunning. I also got a pine green in the Flo Nuovo and it's a really beautiful and rich dark green. So I can personally recommend those colors too.

I like the espresso when really dark, but it can vary so I went with ginger. I saw a ginger toscana in a different bag at the DE outlet and liked it. I have the pine in the regular size domed satchel from that last big sale and really like the color.

GF
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't ordered anything yet but I'm looking. I shouldn't but can't resist.
ETA: I ended up ordering the small pocket satchel in red. Too pretty to pass up.

Welcome to the dark side

I have the ginger Toscana in the side-zip satchel and the domed satchel (larger size).

Then I got the side-zip tote in natural cause I thought three of the same was too matchy matchy...Natural and ginger ARE similar, but the ginger is way close to the regular Sierra leather that is used for trim colorwise (it has a different sheen).
Tomorrow when I can get into the bag room without waking anyone i will photograph the ginger bags next to the Brenna trim, which I think is Sierra...I'll do natural too if I can lay hands on that one...

Sadly I am eyeballing more Toscana because that is a GOOD sale, better than I paid at sale price on QVC and better than sale price at dooney.com. Plus if you've never ordered from there before you will get 10% off (I think you might have to sign up for email but still)

Sadly I am eyeballing more Toscana because that is a GOOD sale, better than I paid at sale price on QVC and better than sale price at dooney.com. Plus if you've never ordered from there before you will get 10% off (I think you might have to sign up for email but still)

I just got the florentine dottie (as in today's mail) and leave on vacation in a week so shopping should not be my thing right now, but I could not pass up the small domed satchel after looking at it for so long.

Reactions: Dooneysta
I like the espresso when really dark, but it can vary so I went with ginger. I saw a ginger toscana in a different bag at the DE outlet and liked it. I have the pine in the regular size domed satchel from that last big sale and really like the color.

Welcome to the dark side
I think Ginger is a great color. I have the hobo in that color and it is really pretty.

GF, I live in the Dark side :lol:

Hi Ladies! I got a bordeaux toscana regular size satchel. This is only my 3rd handbag purchase this entire year! I have wanted this one for at least a year....price just too good to pass up. I also got a Carrington pouch. I am contemplating the toscana side zip tote........but I did a major purge when we moved several months ago and storage is such an issue. Thanks for posting abou the sale!

PS is there no longer a purseform app? I cant find it in the App Store??