Does it bother you when your FP bag ends up in the outlet?

as much as it bothers me when the bag I bought at FP boutique showing up at the outlet... how about the bag it didn't show up at the outlet at all?

I still didn't get over with MADISON PINK CROC ZIPAROUND and PEYTON INLAID C TOTE.
oh my... these two!!!! I really REALLY should have bought them during PCE.

i bought my midnight maggie & matching wallet on PCE in sept.
i gotta say though, i am a littled PO'd that they are at the outlets already. I know the 30% discount vs the 25% PCE discount is not much of a difference, but the extra 20% or this new 25% Breast Cancer coupon definately does make a differnce. But it's not only about the money (although it mainly is) It would just be nice to not see it for atleast 5-6 months at the outlet, i guess. By then i wouldn't care, cuz i've had the time to enjoy it lol.

The wallet i paid about $170 with PCE and now is at the outlets for about $75! (markdown + 50% + 20%) and thats just the wallet. I'm glad I didn't snip the tags yet though, cuz i will pick up what i can at the outlets and return my PCE purchase to the FP store.

I don't even have an outlet by me :sad:. It would be about 7 hours round trip to go to the outlet, and for me it's not worth the gas money and time.. so I just buy FP or on a marketplace website. I've only seen one bag I have at the outlet, and to my surprise, I paid less than what they were selling for. I do wish I had outlet seeing all of these awesome deletes coming to the outlets, but it's probably good for my savings account :smile:

No it's still the same bag. I think the reason it bothers me so much is that the end of the zipper part looks a bit frayed. It was a floor sample that I'm sure had been opened and closed a thousand times and it looks it. But supposedly they only had 180 left in stock in the country and I wanted it so I figured it was no biggie. And back then I didn't know about getting them shipped to you and all that. Sometimes I think I know too much about Coach now to the point where it just stresses me out. I really want my bag but I really don't like the not so great zipper part and the fact that the outlet bags are probably in better shape than the one I purchased.

OP, if you search around, some other TPFers had problems with the zippers fraying on their Floral Embroidered Audreys so it's not surprising to me that the Sequin Audrey may be having the same issue.

The bags at the outlet aren't necessarily in better condition than the bags at the FPB. Some are, some aren't. It's just that FP Deletes are usually much cheaper which helps take the sting out of any imperfections the bags may have. Also, remember the bags at the outlet are much more likely to have been "handled."

To be honest, with a bag as delicate as the Sequin Audrey, it's more likely that one found at the outlet may be in worse condition than those at the FPB or from JAX. Although some of the Sequin Audreys showing up at the outlets may just be excess inventory, others could've been returned because of imperfections. So, you may find a Sequin Audrey at the outlet where the zipper is perfect, but it may have scratches on the leather handles and hardware or it may have loose or missing sequins. Of course, anyone who has snagged this bag at the outlet feel free to chime in. HTH.

I see your point on this but....as you said... I shop at this regional store called Steinmart....their prices can be high. I usually buy a coat there every year. I watched and waited for the one I wanted to be marked down and I lost it....even though I went into the store each week. That is the luck of the draw.

However, with Coach someone may not get this opportunity:

1. They have a boutique near them but no outlet
2. Your local boutique does not necessarily send their deletes to your local outlet. In fact mine sends them to Jax or an outlet 3 hours away (not the closest one)

So in this case, it is not similar to deciding to pass on that coat, hoping you can snag it on sale....because there is no sale. My boutique had 3 Sequin Audreys in stock. All were sent to Jax and not our local outlet.

Some people have the best of both worlds....flagship boutiques and flagship outlets....I think if I lived near a flagship outlet I would always take my chances.

For me, all clothes and accessories are like this. Do I have to have this jacket now or wait a month and see it on the clearance rack? Do I have to have this bag now or take a chance the one I want will be at my outlet? I think the answer to this question depends on the person, some want it NOW and want the convenience of the FP store. Others are okay with waiting and don't mind stalking a particular bag at the Outlet.

I am not mad with Macy's when they mark down the clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc. at the end of the season when I bought them for more at the beginning of the season. Everyone knows that this happens. Coach does the same thing.

For some people this decision is easier because the Outlet is close to them and they don't mind stopping in. For others, like myself, the Outlet is 2 hours away. My FP store is 10 minutes away. So...

Nope, doesn't bother me at all. I buy mostly from the Outlet usually anyhow..probably 90% of my collection is from the Outlets and or Evilbay/Bonanza. I have to absolutely LOVE a bag to buy it at the FP Boutique. I just think of it as the same way with clothing and how they constantly change with the seasons and styles etc. so it honestly doesn't bother me if I see one of my bags I bought at the FP store go to the Outlet a few months later.

question?

the LE bags that everyone is speaking of, where did it say LE? does it say that on the website? or are the SA telling you that?

I thought LE were the bags that had info in the bag saying LE with specific number to it.

just wondering ... i would like to know where it was written .

its like going into your FP store and when you pick up a bag, and the SA says to you, oh that is the last one, or we only have two left

its just a sales tatic to get you to buy the bag... those my thoughts as soon as i hear them say that. so i am wondering,, maybe that is a new tactic to sell the bags ,,,,,,,,,,,,SA are saying , oh its LE!

Outlet bound are most of the bags you see during PCE

Last edited:
Honestly ... no, it doesn't bother me. If I didn't live near an outlet, I would probably be buying my bags with PCE. How could I get mad if it shows up in an outlet which I had no accessibility to anyway? Before our outlet opened up, I only bought Coach bags when we were on vacay in the US or when the FP store had PCE. I guess the only difference now is that I have the choice to buy from the outlet or FP. That's just business, things go on sale ... so when you buy, make sure you love it enough regardless of price. That's how I decide ... do I love it enough to pay FP for it?

peggie, LE or SE is written on the pages of the book in CBSR

i also believe that it refers to bags only distributed to flagship "fashion" store that not ALL store gets (e.g. floral sophia, gathered shoulder bag, python embossed sophia..so forth)

also didn't someone mention receiving an email from coach about the embossed purple croc audrey (or was it the brynne?) that had some words leading to that

:biggrin:

assumptions assumptions

when i was sa i rarely use the words limited edition, i did look up how much was made and would tell my customers..however i stopped doing that as much once i figured out coach will once again replenish. sometimes not though. always a gamble

question?

the LE bags that everyone is speaking of, where did it say LE? does it say that on the website? or are the SA telling you that?

I thought LE were the bags that had info in the bag saying LE with specific number to it.

just wondering ... i would like to know where it was written .

its like going into your FP store and when you pick up a bag, and the SA says to you, oh that is the last one, or we only have two left

its just a sales tatic to get you to buy the bag... those my thoughts as soon as i hear them say that. so i am wondering,, maybe that is a new tactic to sell the bags ,,,,,,,,,,,,SA are saying , oh its LE!

Outlet bound are most of the bags you see during PCE

also, when they say theres one or two left, they could be telling the truth its referring to their store only afterall

and no, outlet bound are not most of the bags you see during PCE. they had floorset changes after PCE before but nowadays it can be between the middle and they do have floorset changes e.g. bags that go every month..but they do not have PCE every month

nor do every bag during PCE goes. the alexandra is still around (some of it) as well as some of the poppy that was there the beginning of the PCE before floorset. the mia (save convertible hobo) is still there

again, assumptions. that have some truth

but i think you should say it on both ends..not just making it all one sided

Last edited:
i think i said, most bags,

thanks for the info

just wanted to know why so many women heard LE on some bags

have a great day

peggie, LE or SE is written on the pages of the book in CBSR

i also believe that it refers to bags only distributed to flagship "fashion" store that not ALL store gets (e.g. floral sophia, gathered shoulder bag, python embossed sophia..so forth)

also didn't someone mention receiving an email from coach about the embossed purple croc audrey (or was it the brynne?) that had some words leading to that

:biggrin:

assumptions assumptions

when i was sa i rarely use the words limited edition, i did look up how much was made and would tell my customers..however i stopped doing that as much once i figured out coach will once again replenish. sometimes not though. always a gamble

also, when they say theres one or two left, they could be telling the truth its referring to their store only afterall

and no, outlet bound are not most of the bags you see during PCE. they had floorset changes after PCE before but nowadays it can be between the middle and they do have floorset changes e.g. bags that go every month..but they do not have PCE every month

nor do every bag during PCE goes. the alexandra is still around (some of it) as well as some of the poppy that was there the beginning of the PCE before floorset. the mia (save convertible hobo) is still there

again, assumptions. that have some truth

but i think you should say it on both ends..not just making it all one sided

you would have a point there except

the deletes prior to this have been small

so it would not be most

and again, deletes occur every month, and its not only big during sept there have been a few big ones too..its hard to predict but one thing is for sure

its not a PCE every month but they do have deletes every month. so PCE is not geared towards helping them clear out deletes, its not to hope you guys will only buy it on 25% off before it gets marked down to 30% off. although, to be honest you ladies knew that they'd have a new floorset at the end of every month, and the PCE was from the 16, or 17? until the 26, 27..so there would be a few days of that to see whats new and what would be deleted.

no problem. anytime to clear something up. anytime

Last edited: